Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What shape are you talking about? Any picture reference? What we have here is still a prototype, and it's base off HT original pattern before we tweak further more.....

on the 3rd picture of your cape, you can see a straight cut. while the HT cape, that have the"bat" shape, have some points , it looks more irregular . It's hard for me to explain it, cause my english suck XD
but it's something like this "WWWW" and not like this "______" :rotfl

on the 3rd picture of your cape, you can see a straight cut. while the HT cape, that have the"bat" shape, have some points , it looks more irregular . It's hard for me to explain it, cause my english suck XD
but it's something like this "WWWW" and not like this "______" :rotfl

I see, LOL. trust me, it's like WWWW, it's just the angle of the camera. The patter is the HT original pattern and will have some minor tweak to it. I was like what are you all talking about for the longest time, LOL :lol

Yeah, I was finding it very difficult to remove the mouth piece now and am worried it will be worst after the mod.

So, the mod is just to use sandpaper to make the mouth piece thinner so it will go further deeper inside?

I used an exacto and sliced very thined pieces off over and over until I got my desired look. To get it out sometimes I used the corner of a playing card to slid between the mask and mouth and pop it out.

just kidding :1-1:
do you have pics of your mod?

I didn't do any " before and after" shots but I am certain I took some pics of him since I've done the mod. I'd have to dredge them up. Im thinking of taking some better ones this weekend. I'll post then. :)

Revamping the cape for DX09, still under development.....
MKCustomCape0122131_zps79f62354.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

Could it really be??? The answer to all our dreams???

It drapes wonderfully and actually looks heavy. I'm so looking forward to this.

apologize if this had been asked before,
i need some help, could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix bat's moving eyes? after several months (misb) i decided to open up mine and to my horror the eyes is fix at (cross eye) position i tried moving the lever, in all direction ever so gently but its no use.
i am tempted to unscrew the thing behind bat's head but afraid to ruin it further, as i do not know exactly how the thing works.

i would appreciate any tips & suggestion

thank you all

Do you mean that the joystick won't move OR that the joystick moves but the eyes don't.

For the first one, sometimes the joystick becomes stiff, especially if it's new and never used. SO just gently move it around until it does move. Most of the time you can get the eyes to look parallel again by playing with it a bit.

Now if the joystick does move and the eyes don't than you may have a bigger problem and it may be broken. In that case I can only tell you what I would do. I would unscrew the panel and take the PERS apart so I can move the eyes manually, apart from one another.

I see, LOL. trust me, it's like WWWW, it's just the angle of the camera. The patter is the HT original pattern and will have some minor tweak to it. I was like what are you all talking about for the longest time, LOL :lol

jajaja, yes, It's was hard for me to explain. I'll really like to see more pics of it, it looks great

Do you mean that the joystick won't move OR that the joystick moves but the eyes don't.

For the first one, sometimes the joystick becomes stiff, especially if it's new and never used. SO just gently move it around until it does move. Most of the time you can get the eyes to look parallel again by playing with it a bit.

Now if the joystick does move and the eyes don't than you may have a bigger problem and it may be broken. In that case I can only tell you what I would do. I would unscrew the panel and take the PERS apart so I can move the eyes manually, apart from one another.
yes you are right, i can move the joystick but the eyes stays in the "cross eye" position ... i'll try again to maneuver it and hope it fix itself, but if i have to open it up later on is there any special part or trick i have to watch out in opening/ unscrewing & moving the pers compartment?... thanks for your reply appreciate it ... :)

Just unscrew the tiny screws and pull out the small square panel and the joystick. It really is that simple. When you have the panel off you'll be able to see the inner workings of the PERS and see what the problem is, if in fact, the system is broken. Trust me, once that panel is off you'll be able to tell how it works just by looking at it. Let me know how it goes. Just go slow and be gentle. :)

I know there's a ****ed up joke there. :lol

tonymeis! awesome work! figuring out the perfect cape material is like figuring out a cure for baldness! :clap

Yes I agree :clap the HTncape was what holding me back from getting this figure all these time, :lol finally found the right material after all hunting:slap

I used an exacto and sliced very thined pieces off over and over until I got my desired look. To get it out sometimes I used the corner of a playing card to slid between the mask and mouth and pop it out.

I didn't do any " before and after" shots but I am certain I took some pics of him since I've done the mod. I'd have to dredge them up. Im thinking of taking some better ones this weekend. I'll post then. :)

:panic::panic::panic:

Could it really be??? The answer to all our dreams???

It drapes wonderfully and actually looks heavy. I'm so looking forward to this.

Save the cutting, the new custom cape will allow you to keep your HT original in its open scary pose (if needed)

Looks very nice! What material are you using and what will you charge for those?

Hyde material is like a pleather, but way thinner allow it to drape from the shoulder down and still match the cowl.

Fantastic looking cape there man.

I didn't cut or mod my capes (even though I bought extras) and went the time consuming futzing route. They look great.

Though I am thinking that I need a thin cape if I want to pursue putting my extra Batman seated in the Batmobile . . .

Just unscrew the tiny screws and pull out the small square panel and the joystick. It really is that simple. When you have the panel off you'll be able to see the inner workings of the PERS and see what the problem is, if in fact, the system is broken. Trust me, once that panel is off you'll be able to tell how it works just by looking at it. Let me know how it goes. Just go slow and be gentle. :)

I know there's a ****ed up joke there. :lol
thanks for the tips, i will do it over the weekend and let you know the result ..... many thanks :wave

for all i know "joker" probably did this when im not looking as i stored them side by side ... :lol

The DX 09 Batman is the better figure, in my opinion.

If you're thinking of getting rid of/selling one, get rid of the DX 12.

I know you're going back and forth on whether to continue the hobby Clipper King, but are you planning on picking up the '89 Batmobile?

Thank you for your reply.

I think I will stick to using sand paper, I'm not good at slicing things. LOL!

As for using playing card to pop it out, that's a GREAT idea!

Thanks for sharing!

Back