Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the capes and belt are virtually identical, Also the gauntlets, boots and even the bat symboly are very similar. The only significant change is the abdominal and pectoral region.

Also I would point out that the HT 89 versions cowl looks more like the batman returns batman so even that will be virtually identical.

Got it, you think the 1989 suit and the 1992 suit are about the same.

I'm certain a lot of people here would disagree and post lengthy explanations with photos showing why that isn't the case.

But I'm not one of them.

The only thing I want you to admit is that you incorrectly keep referring to the Returns suit as the 91 version. :D

Got it, you think the 1989 suit and the 1992 suit are about the same.

I'm certain a lot of people here would disagree and post lengthy explanations with photos showing why that isn't the case.

But I'm not one of them.

The only thing I want you to admit is that you incorrectly keep referring to the Returns suit as the 91 version. :D

in my world it was 91....NEVER. My bad simple mistake.

Also the capes and belt are virtually identical, Also the gauntlets, boots and even the bat symboly are very similar. The only significant change is the abdominal and pectoral region.

COWL....differents
GAUNTLETS.........differents
BOOTS...............differents

Even arms & legs are enough differents....

:slap

COWL....differents
GAUNTLETS.........differents
BOOTS...............differents

Even arms & legs are enough differents....

:slap

Learn to read I said all of those thing are similair not identical:slap also there is no need to make different plural it's just different. I would get my grammar right before I served someone a face palm.

I think the Returns suit is a pretty significant difference. The whole suit was redesigned and made sleeker. Symbol is different, it has plated armor, it was completely redone.

At first glance I could see why people wouldn't see that though.

Learn to read I said all of those thing are similair not identical:slap also there is no need to make different plural it's just different. I would get my grammar right before I served someone a face palm.

And for the second part, my fault, english is not my language.:monkey3

I'm actually on the fence as to which one I like better. I will have to see the '92' version in hand to make my mind up.

Although this has got to be one of favorites for these reasons

1. A great collectible
2. Perfect likeness to the film
3. Another high end HT's collectible
4. A perfectly sculpted action figure
5. No doubt that Keaton is portrayed perfectly

However, people have made valid points as far as the weapons that came with this.

There are two that HT's forgot.

The bolo launcher ( which is a separate gadget and not an attachment to the spear gun.

The huge grapple hook device used at the very end when he and Vicki are falling from the cathedral.

* Also I've watched the blu ray movie numerous times in HD, not once did I see him use a ninja star in any scene. :dunno Unless something I missed , This is where I think HT's made a mistake and should have substituted the ninja stars for either the bolo launcher or the big grapple hook attachment to make the weapons 100% accurate to the film. It's a minor factor to this piece, other than that HT's has done an amazing job with the weapons. :yess:

89 movie > Batman Returns movie

89 costume > Batman Returns costume

exactly.gif

I agree those ninja stars are useless to me, and a bolo launcher would have had alot of display potential especially with a Nicholson joker. It's very hard to complain though with this guy.

The bolo launcher (which is a separate gadget and not an attachment) to the spear gun.

The huge grapple hook device used at the very end when he and Vicki are falling from the cathedral.

These are attachments to the spear gun. Why do you think they come in two pieces?

He has different attachments for it.

- Spring action reel (used to reel in the mob thug at Axis Chemicals and to grapple up to the balcony with Vicki)

It detaches and can be placed on the belt as a harness.

- Bolo attachment (Attaches to the base of the regular gun, fired at the Gargoyle and Joker's legs)

- Large Grapple hook

Also on the subject of Batman Returns, glad I don't have to choose one. I'm just buying both.

I wont miss the Bolo attachment and the Large Grapple hook... That box contains so much awesomeness it isnt even an issue... But to those who pointed it... Nice catch.

These are attachments to the spear gun. Why do you think they come in two pieces?

He has different attachments for it.

- Spring action reel (used to reel in the mob thug at Axis Chemicals and to grapple up to the balcony with Vicki)

It detaches and can be placed on the belt as a harness.

- Bolo attachment (Attaches to the base of the regular gun, fired at the Gargoyle and Joker's legs)

- Large Grapple hook

Also on the subject of Batman Returns, glad I don't have to choose one. I'm just buying both.

Same here :lol

I don't know if this was already posted but here's another video by DeanKnight.

Damn, I forgot how cool Keaton was just saying stop. :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/EyV0pNu_ads[/ame]

Back