Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at this figure since it was first talked about, and I have seen the Sovereign Studios one too. Of all the pictures I've seen of both the Sovereign and Hot Toys batmen the figure is always standing up straight, and his legs are never bent or never in any other pose than straight. Are there any pictures of Batman bending or kicking, or actually doing anything actiony?

Sallah, great photos but are you using some kind of edge enhancement or sharpening filter on them? His skin and eyes looks like somebody ran it through a photoshop filter.

Some we did and some we didn't... All depended on which ones looked cooler with it. :)

Sallah

Loved the video review and your photos and poses are fantastic. But I honestly think the filters do a disservice to your great photography.

I appreciate the compliment on the video and the photography... The filters (when used) are applied with a very low opacity, so it really didn't alter the original too much. Just gave it a little extra pop in my eyes. But I know that can be pretty subjective... :)

do you guys think I'll be able to pose batman like this?
my main concern is getting the arms in the correct position.

2061rb7.jpg

Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Up to this point, we have only reviewed the Mattel MOTU Classics... but what we do is put a bunch of pictures of a figure and then my 9-year-old son Blaze and I ramble on about that specific figure in video format. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.. :)

Sallah

Fantastic shots and great review. Seeing other people's enthusiasm, especially in your video, for this figure has really got me pumped to own this. Can't wait.

Congrats on Rory, Sallah, Max and the others that got their Keaton Bats, fantastic pics and reviews!

Customs really screwed me this weekend, I should've gotten this on Thurs! :gah: hopefully tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain hard tomorrow, I hope the box is not damaged, DAMN CUSTOMS!!!!:gah::gah:

Well, our Hot Toys DX09 Keaton Batman pictorial review and video spotlight is now up!
Around 40 pics and a 25 minute video spotlight await here:

DX09 Batman Review at 1989Batman.com

Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Up to this point, we have only reviewed the Mattel MOTU Classics... but what we do is put a bunch of pictures of a figure and then my 9-year-old son Blaze and I ramble on about that specific figure in video format. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.. :)

Sallah

Just wanted to post and say I really liked your review, nice work :).

I appreciate the compliment on the video and the photography... The filters (when used) are applied with a very low opacity, so it really didn't alter the original too much. Just gave it a little extra pop in my eyes. But I know that can be pretty subjective... :)

Great review, and it was really nice to see you sharing your hobby with your son.

Great pics.

Lol at the Box blocking half of your son, all I could see of him was his knees. :lol

You buying the 89 Batmobile?

love the review and video sallah:clap and your right it is only one will claim the night not light..:slap...oh hot toys lol

sallah it was nice to see that you and your son shared a special bond through your hobby. I kind of get that, because my dad appreciates my figures as well and knowing that your father thinks highly of your things means a lot. it probably does to your son as well.

sallah it was nice to see that you and your son shared a special bond through your hobby. I kind of get that, because my dad appreciates my figures as well and knowing that your father thinks highly of your things means a lot. it probably does to your son as well.

This hobby has been great for me and my father. He collects diecast cars and I collect toys and statues. I bought an SLR camera to photograph my toys, but to be honest he uses it more than me :lol

It's kinda the same with me, he's in to high-end magic like taytelbaum and gerlitz pieces, and is actually very good friends with them, he's very into cars, and he knows of the super heroes, liked them, was never a "Freak" with them like I am, but appreciates my hobby and will occasionally tell me, you know something like "That one looks amazing." He liked my captain america, and he kinda nudged me towards the 89 batman and joker, saying he liked the movie and that "That batmobile was just sick" lol. So yeah I know what you mean.

Quick question are there any moments in the movie where Keaton as Batman is unmasked? I havent seen the movie in years. I know in returns he's unmasked.

Quick question are there any moments in the movie where Keaton as Batman is unmasked? I havent seen the movie in years. I know in returns he's unmasked.

Not really. When he is knocked down during the fight with Joker's goons (when Bob says, "check his wallet"). But his face is in the dark and you can hardly see it.

Back