Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats because christain bale runs like a welshman. its not the suit, its the way he runs.
plus a good portion of the above scene its clearly not micheal keaton in that rubber. :wave

Every movie has faults. Off the top of my head I can name a few problems with '89 Batman.

- The Gotham location at Pinewood, while an extremely impressive set, is so "small" that during the chase scenes you can see the streets and buildings, specifically the Monarch theater multiple times.

- Footlight Frenzy, the movie playing at the Monarch is showing during the past in Bruce Wayne's childhood flashback and during the present time.

- Some of the animation shots are wonky like Batman's first appearance on top of the rooftop when he hears the mother screaming or when the Joker falls to his death.

And there are others. The Prince music can feel inappropriate and dated at times. But you know what? Who cares? No film is perfect, no THING is perfect. There was an innocence to it in 1989 that has been demolished today because folks tend to get bored, cynical end edgy over time.

The good outweighs the bad. I could go on and on about the subtleties, the score, the visuals, the characterizations, the meanings, the props. Why people prefer to discuss the flaws of something or debate the quality between this and that is beyond me.

It is what it is.

Well said, besides I like the Joker dancing to Prince in the end. Its funny ever since the specs came out of these figures and I saw the one shot of Joker holding the money in out stretched arms Ive had that song in my head. :lol I cant get it out

Hey guys do any of u think this guy would be a leaker? I mean the dark knight suits are a sad case but has this been an issue on any of the begins figures?

I think this would go well with the Chris Reeve Superman. I mean '89 Batman was huge and the first Batman movie(ignoring the cheesy 60's version, and Superman The movie was huge. Essentially both were iconic films

Well said, besides I like the Joker dancing to Prince in the end. Its funny ever since the specs came out of these figures and I saw the one shot of Joker holding the money in out stretched arms Ive had that song in my head. :lol I cant get it out

[ame="https://youtu.be/WkRJQOITi-4"]302 Found[/ame]

I think this would go well with the Chris Reeve Superman. I mean '89 Batman was huge and the first Batman movie(ignoring the cheesy 60's version, and Superman The movie was huge. Essentially both were iconic films

agreed there, only problem is that these look so much better in terms of accuracy than the superman figure does. Cant believe how good the likeness of Keaton is so so brilliant i just hope that it is not just a case of the proto looking good though, i would rather HT take there time and get it spot on !!!

I think the thing that amazes me is the fact that it actually looks like a man in a mask. You really don't get that with the previous Batman figures Hot Toys has done because the face and eyes look pretty seamless. This however is crazy detailed. The subtle difference in the eye make up, the eyes, the way the "mask" sits on the face, the mouthpieces, it's just astonishing for something that's in 1/6 form.It's quite possible that one could pass this figure off as being an extremely realistic 1:1 statue. Some of those hi-res shots rival even the most impressive PF and busts I've seen, perhaps even better?

:exactly: Thats why I really cant tell which I like more the Joker or Batman. This has really exceeded my expectations.

i saw some of the points brought up about some of the short comings of the 89 movie, i.e. the first time you see batman, jokers death...some of the matte paintings are easily spotted, personally i like these things. it is a historical and accurate way of showing how movies were done back then. i recently read an interview with Steven Spielberg and he said going forward he would not fix anything in his movies digitally, if there is a wire showing it will be very obvious on blu and he's decided to keep that in. i totally agree with this, its a shame how GL continues to mess with finished pieces...theres no reason to remove Yoda and totally replace him with a cgi version. with that said im glad 89 bats exists with whatever visual flaws it may have had cause that the movie i grew up with and loved and i enjoy seeing it the same way as i remember.

I really like the transition from face to cowl on the edges of the mouth area. The mask wasn't exactly form fitting in the first film, they have nailed it here.

A trusted seller has offered me a discount on ebay, but he can only do the discount outside of ebay if he sends me a paypal invoice, I've read reviews on him online and from what i can gather he's a good guy, but it still scares me a bit. As these are pre orders and wont be out until march am is there really a difference to the protection?

A trusted seller has offered me a discount on ebay, but he can only do the discount outside of ebay if he sends me a paypal invoice, I've read reviews on him online and from what i can gather he's a good guy, but it still scares me a bit. As these are pre orders and wont be out until march am is there really a difference to the protection?

I never do my pre-orders on eBay and so a lot of guys here. Scares the s__t out of me. Much better if you pre-order on a trusted online store like SSC, Alter Ego, BBTS, OSB, etc. :)

As much as I hate ebay, I wouldn't buy from a stranger online without going through it, (or amazon sellers etc) unless you personally knew you could trust him...in which case, he isn't a "stranger" :) . If you get stiffed, you have no recourse. Is the discount low enough that it makes the risk worth it if you lose all of the money?

mate, if you want my advice, i'd buy it from an official supplier, unless its someone with an official shop in ebay. In regards to these figures, i'd only consider buying from ebay if the item was damn near impossible to get anywhere else...which won't be the case with this

i'm in the UK so we don't have too much choice, unless i pay a extra £100. The seller is on ebay called guobei11. As i said i hear he's really trustworthy.

Yeah but you've got to ask yourself: "Am I willing to accept the worst case scenario of losing all my money, and not having any built-in customer protection?"

Sounds like a trap and given the 45 day limit will be long gone by the time this is released in 7 months, if you're going that route, better be ready to kiss the cash goodbye.

Back