Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a Burton fan, and agree that the Bat-films aren't in the upper tier of what he's done (Ed Wood, Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, hell, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!). Maybe it was the fact that he had to compromise with this monolithic franchise/marketing machine. Don't know.

I happen to like Keaton in the role.... I just don't know how he got it. Not an obvious choice in any way really.
I'm sure someone here is an expert on these films and will know, but I would suspect Keaton's role as Beetlejuice played some. . .er, role.

I agree 100%! Nolan's film was made for those with a 78 IQ, so they could enjoy their Batman, and judging by ticket sales, and Nolan fanaticism, it worked! :wink1: :lol :moon

:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I'll never understand why people feel the need to do this. Why bash Burton or Nolan's films? Both are great and there's no reason drop kick either film maker in the teeth.

I'm sure someone here is an expert on these films and will know, but I would suspect Keaton's role as Beetlejuice played some. . .er, role.

Well I'd heard that and its not unusual for a director to carry an actor from one film into another....but still. Why would you decide to cast a short, non-buff guy as Batman? I'm sure Burton said something about the eyes...but I'm also fairly sure if he looked around he could have found a taller, buffer guy with striking eyes too!

Well anyway, I still like Keaton. He somehow made it believable in his films.

Well I'd heard that and its not unusual for a director to carry an actor from one film into another....but still. Why would you decide to cast a short, non-buff guy as Batman? I'm sure Burton said something about the eyes...but I'm also fairly sure if he looked around he could have found a taller, buffer guy with striking eyes too!

Well anyway, I still like Keaton. He somehow made it believable in his films.

Kara's being one-sided. Nolan's done the same with Bale as well. Keaton worked because he helped Burton fully realize his vision, the same way Bale helped Nolan with his.

Kara's being one-sided. Nolan's done the same with Bale as well. Keaton worked because he helped Burton fully realize his vision, the same way Bale helped Nolan with his.
No I'm not. I never said Nolan didn't use the same actors across films and franchises. Of course he did/does. That had nothing to do with the question of why Keaton was cast.

I happen to like Keaton in the role.... I just don't know how he got it. Not an obvious choice in any way really.

According to the blu-ray extras Burton thought Keaton had the ability to act well under the cowl useing mainly his eyes. I think he chose wisely based on that. Even his facial gestures lend a lot to the character.

According to the blu-ray extras Burton thought Keaton had the ability to act well under the cowl useing mainly his eyes. I think he chose wisely based on that. Even his facial gestures lend a lot to the character.

:exactly: Also i remember Burton saying that Keaton looked like someone who needed to dress up as a bat in order to be menacing. Like, if it was some big scary looking dude he wouldnt need a disguise. Something along those lines.

:exactly: :goodpost:

In Batman Returns when he is flying through the sewers in the boat...something flys over him and the look in his eyes and his facial features are classic....

:exactly: Also i remember Burton saying that Keaton looked like someone who needed to dress up as a bat in order to be menacing. Like, if it was some big scary looking dude he wouldnt need a disguise. Something along those lines.

Yes, he sure did say that. Which I thought was an interesting take on the Batman character as well.

:exactly: :goodpost:

In Batman Returns when he is flying through the sewers in the boat...something flys over him and the look in his eyes and his facial features are classic....

Never noticed that part before. I'll have to look for it next time I watch it. Not as big a fan of Returns as I am 89 but I still think Keaton did a great job in it.

Both sound like pretty good reasons to me. I really wish Keaton was still getting more work.

The fact that Bruce witnesses both his parents murder (something most of us would never recover from) sets the precedent for a dark movie/story. Nolans Batman films are easily the more appropriate route to take when telling the story on the big screen.

89' Batman is just fun. This is coming from someone that considers Jack Nicholson the best actor of all time.

Both Keaton and bale manage to deliver a good Bruce Wayne and that's the key for me
After all they have to play 3 people bruce Wayne billionaire idiot, public batman and real Bruce/ batman

Both versions are different but bale delivered those 3 whilst Keaton was less billionaire idiot he was vague when needed and showed us that damaged bloke mr Wayne very well - less so in returns thou

Both Keaton and bale manage to deliver a good Bruce Wayne and that's the key for me
After all they have to play 3 people bruce Wayne billionaire idiot, public batman and real Bruce/ batman
But as Rachel pointed out--isn't Bruce Wayne the mask, meaning public Batman is, in fact, REAL WAYNE/BATMAN??

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Prices are up at OSB in the UK !!!
Very competative :yess::yess::yess:

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/hot-toys-2-c.asp

89' Batman £169.99 +£14.00 P+P £65.00 layaway/pay balance later
89' Joker £179.99 +£14.00 P+P £65.00 layaway/pay balance later
OSB Bat/Joker pack £340 +£16.50 P+P £130.00 layaway/pay balance later

(Hope you don't mind me posting these WaiMan,but for the UK these are great:hi5:)

Thanks dude,I knew you wouldn't let us down :clap

Kindest regards
Tys

£14 for shipping? what courier? it's not far off the prices for a Saturday delivery.

340665_205448652850466_138228759572456_594686_330952_o.jpg
Getting back to the figure, I'm curious how the plate-on-a-stick (behind the batarang) is going to attach to his arm/hand, as there doesn't appear to be anything on the opposite end to connect it.

The fact that Bruce witnesses both his parents murder (something most of us would never recover from) sets the precedent for a dark movie/story. Nolans Batman films are easily the more appropriate route to take when telling the story on the big screen.

True but I don't think his Batman is as psychologically damaged or driven as he should be. I have no problem with it, because I like the Burton and Nolan interpretations for different reasons, but there are a few things I'd change with the Nolan version, whereas, with the Burton version, I'd just leave it alone. (I'm talking the characterization of Batman himself, not all of the film. The Burton films problems, especially in the plot department).

It kind of bothers me that the Bale Batman is driven by ideals and legacies, and isn't too keen on actually being Batman. It's always "my father built this, Gotham needs that" and it just comes across as preachy nonsense. The Bale interpretation of Bruce always seems to want to hang up the cowl and cape, live a normal life and I guess I just don't really like that. To me, Bruce's persona changes the night his parents are brutally murdered in a dark alley, not from falling into a well and being afraid of opera shows or getting slapped and lectured by Katie Holmes about "justice".

Batman shouldn't be a temporary gig for Bruce Wayne, Batman isn't some pill that will magically cure the crime in Gotham and he sure isn't some savior pseudo-martyr.

I love the line "a guy that dresses up as a bat clearly has issues" and that disgusted expression he makes afterward (like, ____ these rich snobs, I am the ____ing Batman) but unfortunately that's really all we get. Just a hint of "psychological problems". For the most part the Bale/Nolan/Batman is a sane guy. He dresses up for effect, not because he desires to but because he feels he has to "for da city". Batman is a thing to Bruce Wayne, a tool, a device in these modern films. He even refers to it as a monster in the third person instead of actually BECOMING Batman.

Now, I realize that's one interpretation, and I do enjoy it but I prefer the '89 version myself. To me the Batman/Bruce Wayne character is dark and brooding, an outcast. He's not a sane guy because his parents were gunned down in front of him. He fights crime because his parents were murdered and he hasn't and will never recover from it. His ideals and view of justice IS Batman, that's why he created it. Batman isn't a mask, it's who Bruce Wayne is. He has no friends, he wants no friends. His only ally is Alfred. He doesn't care if he has a life other than Batman and would rather patrol the mean streets instead of helping fund a Harvey Dent political rally. He refers to himself in the first person, not third because he IS Batman. He's so obsessed with crime he has countless monitors surveillance his home and Gotham. In his spare time he doesn't even bother with his alterego's public image he just sits in his gigantic mansion waiting to be needed, waiting for the signal to go up and brooding about how he's the only one that can make a difference, cause, well he's Batman.

To sum it up, my favorite interpretation of Batman is one that subconsciously desires Gotham to still be filled with crime just so he has a function in society. To me, that's pretty complex ____. Much better than becoming a symbol to inspire a city to take the reigns so he doesn't have to fight crime anymore. Batman should have a sickly, obsessive mind about eradicating crime, that's his mission.

Whiny, moral ___ that makes long speeches about cleaning up the city while yelling at punks < Stone cold, butt hurt vigilante that doesn't say a word but communicates through appearance alone, knows the city is a festering wound that will never heal, and will fight it anyway.

Nolan Batman is like a bleeding heart liberal while the Burton Batman has no political views. He's pissed and he's just ____ing Batman.

Don't witness your parents getting gunned down at the age of 8 folks.

Last edited:
Back