Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are up at OSB in the UK !!!
Very competative :yess::yess::yess:

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/hot-toys-2-c.asp

89' Batman £169.99 +£14.00 P+P £65.00 layaway/pay balance later
89' Joker £179.99 +£14.00 P+P £65.00 layaway/pay balance later
OSB Bat/Joker pack £340 +£16.50 P+P £130.00 layaway/pay balance later

(Hope you don't mind me posting these WaiMan,but for the UK these are great:hi5:)

Thanks dude,I knew you wouldn't let us down :clap

Kindest regards
Tys

(Hope you don't mind me posting these WaiMan,but for the UK these are great:hi5:)

Kindest regards
Tys

That's awesome - ordered a pair and cancelled my Batman from SS. Kept my Joker order though with SS due to the NRD, so i guess i'll be having 2 jokers :dunno

:yess:

289614_205448416183823_138228759572456_594669_4429088_o.jpg

That middle one could fool me for a film still no question.

Incredible. :monkey2

Nolan's films (all of them) are traditionally darker and no exception from Batman. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say "man, it was good, but why did it have to be so dark" I'd be a millionaire. I guess with the nickname "The Dark Knight" being dark is par for the course, but what makes Burton's Batman classic and fun is that it balances the dark and the light (comedy aspects/romance/etc.) I mean no darker moments than when Nicholson's Joker fries the mob guy, reimages his girl with acid, etc. It has it's moments and the whole backstory, etc., but it also has light and for the audience they don't feel completely smothered by dark, depressing scenes like with Nolan's Batman.

Maglor if his boots in the move had Nike Swooshes on them why wouldn't you want them on the fig wouldn't it add to the realism?

Do you recall seeing the Nike symbol on screen? Did the costume designers want you to know that they were modified Swooshes, or were you supposed to believe they were boots - all in one piece?

Surely Bruce Wayne would have the means to create some decent boots without having to make a stop at Payless Shoes.

I want the look of this figure to emulate what we are led to believe he looked like, not what prop photos reveal to be the truth.

It all ended well. He came by on crutches a few days later and apologized for the joke and wanted to see if we were cool. I didn't know he lived in the same complex at the time, but he didn't want me bent at him. :lol

I find it amazing that you are able to break a guys ankle and he comes to apologize to you! :lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't the 'swoosh' make this figure even more expensive? Yeah, we don't need that...

From the pics i've seen of Keatons boots from this movie, the Nikes are completely black with just Nike going across the front strap of the shoe, might be a yellow swoosh on the outside of the pair in some pics it seemed as well.

l.jpg

I'm cool with no Nike logo or swoosh on the shoes but, keep the exact same shoe design for the figure. The Batman Returns boots will be much easier to execute.

He gets a piece of EVERYTHING from Batman. Not just his likeness. :wink1:

I actually agree with what he said. Nolan stripped the characters of a LOT of their comic heritage in favor of a more modern, Bay-type action flick.

did you just call the dark knight a bay type action flick? :slap.

there were more nods to the actual comic books in begins and the dark knight than in all previous bat films combined. i wonder if anyone actually reads batman comics because that is so far from the truth its scary.

Kindest regards
Tys

Hrmm. Doesn't seem to help me much in Ireland. Pretty much as well to stick with ordering from Toys2 and BBTS

did you just call the dark knight a bay type action flick? :slap.

there were more nods to the actual comic books in begins and the dark knight than in all previous bat films combined. i wonder if anyone actually reads batman comics because that is so far from the truth its scary.

Yeah, that's what I thought too when I read that.

Not only was that intended to illicit a response, but the comparison had nothing to do with the actual movies. I wonder if you actually read the posts following or find something you want to rant about and go for broke. :wink1:

I've read a lot of Batman comics, and most of them do not have much humor in them. Even the early ones Bob Kane did are pretty dark for the time period of 30s & 40s, etc... He's always been portrayed as a dark character. in the 80's & 90's especially with Frank Miller and Doug Moench, Denis O'Neil, Grant Morrison, Loeb & Sales, Alan Moore, and all the people that wrote Legends of the Dark Knight series, etc etc all wrote very dark and violent Batman stories and those guys are considered the best of the Batman writers. Tim Burton's 89 had a balance of humor & dark, but I never liked his origin where Napier killed Bruce's family or him being a mob boss. Begins & Dark Knight used more elements of some of the best comics and thats why I like them so much more than Burton's interpretations. Burton basically took the idea of Batman, and did his own thing with it, put Batman is his own wacky gothic world, very much like Beetlejuice was. I see a lot of similarities with Beetlejuice and his two Batman's. That wacky gothic cartoonish world. Not saying its bad by any means, I still love Batman 89, but much prefer Nolan's movies as they are two of my favorites of all time!

I agree about the origin of 89 Batman vs. '05 Batman--'05 is truer to the comic and I believe uses the real thug name.

Back