Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and preordered. I am really looking forward to getting this one.

Without flexible ankles all other leg articulation is pointless. If the ankles don't flex I will only ever pose the legs straight up and down.

Patience. This discussion happened with Spider-Man. Look what the final outcome was.

I don't agree with the $3,000 Joker comment. If you like something, and you have the dough, do what you want. If I had the money, I'd buy a life-size bust of Heath's Joker. With that being said, I would do the same for Jack, Keaton, or Bale... because I like the characters. I don't think that people should be chastised for how much they're willing to pay for something or be called fanatics, because in the end, it's something you like. Hell, the same is probably being said about us on some Mattel board.

I agree. It somewhat detracts from the realism and definitely from the stability of a figure. I remember one of the things I loved about the Takara Batman when it came out was the ankles articulation compared to HT's.

I liked the Burton movies when I was younger and didn't know that much about Batman. They were moody pieces and for my 8-year old self, the action and gadgets and general eye candy was pretty damn exciting.

I don't understand the defense of them as being closer than Nolan's because they present a more "mysterious" interpretation of Batman.

What exactly is mysterious from the omniscient viewer's perspective? You go into both movies knowing right away Batman's identity, that he's rich, that he's a human with no powers, and that he is a good guy. If you are somehow totally green to the character and you knew none of that at the beginning, it is all revealed pretty soon into each film.

Now if the argument is that Burton's Batman is more "mysterious" from the point-of-view of the non-omniscient other characters in his universe than Nolan's Batman is to the characters in his, well, that argument doesn't hold water either. Burton had "I heard he drinks blood." Nolan had one of scarecrow's punks wondering "Is it true he can fly?" In both versions, the non-omniscient characters are just as in the dark about who or what Batman is...he is just as "mysterious" in both Nolan and Burton's worlds.

Wait so you guyz are saying that he has no ankle articulation?^_^

Not yet. :dunno

I agree. It somewhat detracts from the realism and definitely from the stability of a figure. I remember one of the things I loved about the Takara Batman when it came out was the ankles articulation compared to HT's.

Yeah, although they look terrible the Takara boots give that figure the best stability of my collection.

Patience. This discussion happened with Spider-Man. Look what the final outcome was.
Having said that, Spidey is a figure that, by his nature, demands lots of articulation, so that really needed to be fixed IMO. Keaton Batman has the rubber (or possibly PVC) body on the figure that is gonna restrict maneuverability a lot more than Spidey's spandex suit of course. DX02 couldn't be moved around much at all. It is possible this figure will be no different. And if the legs really aren't very poseable, then. . .I hear what Maglor is saying--pointless to have articulated legs without articulate ankles, but the reverse is also true.

I got a lot more pose-ability with the DX02 that just straight leg poses. Even now I have it with a straight leg pose, but it's a wide stance that would be unacceptable without articulated ankles.

You're taking your hatred of the Nolan lovers out on Nolan's films. Don't do that :)

Kinda hard when it's shoved in your face. My intro was a ____ing ****** who spritzed me in the eye with a squirt gun wearing a TDK Joker Halloween costume. I told him to ____ off as I was wiping off my face and he said, "Why so serious?" He took the fast way down from my stairs. But the douchery has continued ever since. It's one of the fundamental issues with this very section of the boards. I can take a joke just like the other guy, but how many times do you have to hear it before it gets bad? Before you're sick of hearing it?

so is it fair to call the ones that like and defend the burton films burton acolytes? or the ones that will ONLY accept chris reeve as the one and only superman reeve acolytes?

not starting s#(t, but like nam who has the right to defend his likes, 'nolan acolytes' should be no different. i'm just irked by nam's comment on how only people with low IQs can enjoy nolan's movies. i mean, i enjoyed the hell out of the nolan movies, but according to nam, i'm no smarter than someone who enjoyed twilight. or according to you, if i stick up for nolan...you get the point.

i'm all for debating and such, but damn man, is it so hard to keep things civilized? i know i'm on a forum that mainly discusses about toys, but we're all adults here.

in before someone says "looking for intelligent debates? and you're here??".

That's not what I said. You're "putting words in my mouth" to unnecessarily fuel a rant. Go back and re-read the posts. :wink1:

And nobody's saying it's not okay to like the Nolan movies. Nobody's saying you can't get his name tattoo'd on your moobie. But you guys shouldn't be dry humping each other and dogpiling those who feel differently, especially outside of Nolan-verse threads.

I got a lot more pose-ability with the DX02 that just straight leg poses. Even now I have it with a straight leg pose, but it's a wide stance that would be unacceptable without articulated ankles.

Yep. Even if this doesn't have much range of motion in the legs, to me, it doesn't take much movement to lift a foot from being flat on the floor. Even a slight step forward will do it. Ankle articulation is one of those small aspects that can add a lot to a figure.

Kinda hard when it's shoved in your face. My intro was a ____ing ****** who spritzed me in the eye with a squirt gun wearing a TDK Joker Halloween costume. I told him to ____ off as I was wiping off my face and he said, "Why so serious?" He took the fast way down from my stairs.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Did he look like this?

100_6011.jpg

:monkey3

Yep. Even if this doesn't have much range of motion in the legs, to me, it doesn't take much movement to lift a foot from being flat on the floor. Even a slight step forward will do it. Ankle articulation is one of those small aspects that can add a lot to a figure.

Indeed. I've seen people talk about fear of posing a figure without a stand, or how they can't get figures to stand well on their own. The key is in the ankles. Once I get a pose I like I spend a ton of time tweaking the ankles. Once you get the center of gravity right the ankles are where all the stability comes from.

Indeed. I've seen people talk about fear of posing a figure without a stand, or how they can't get figures to stand well on their own. The key is in the ankles. Once I get a pose I like I spend a ton of time tweaking the ankles. Once you get the center of gravity right the ankles are where all the stability comes from.

Exactly. For the entire time I owned the Tak Bats I never used a stand. The ankles were always tight and held the figure just fine in most every pose. If HT can do that here I'd call it as close to perfect as 1:6 figure can be.

Maglor if his boots in the move had Nike Swooshes on them why wouldn't you want them on the fig wouldn't it add to the realism?

Nam I someone squirted me in the eye and said "Why so serious" I too would be pissed when I heard it in the future...funny story though.

Maglor if his boots in the move had Nike Swooshes on them why wouldn't you want them on the fig wouldn't it add to the realism?

Nam I someone squirted me in the eye and said "Why so serious" I too would be pissed when I heard it in the future...funny story though.

It all ended well. He came by on crutches a few days later and apologized for the joke and wanted to see if we were cool. I didn't know he lived in the same complex at the time, but he didn't want me bent at him. :lol

I caved and got this Batman. He'll be my second HT figure after Classic Predator gets in!

Back