Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with Alter Egos on this one. I used my rewards points and it came out to $475 with shipping...........can't wait. :rock

I just hope the Batmobile doesn't come out till at least summer time.

I went with Alter Egos on this one. I used my rewards points and it came out to $475 with shipping...........can't wait. :rock

What was the shipping quote from AE?

Aside from being a great company... they do double box. My Spider-Man came in a pretty large second box which helped to insure the actually packaging would arrive undamaged.

If you factor in shipping costs (guessing a combined of $20) and rewards points you are looking at the following prices for the set:

BBTS: $495
Alter Ego: $481 ($9 in RP)
Sideshow: $479.75 (Free shipping and $25.25 in RP)

Of course if you live in CA Sideshow will hit you with tax and I think that might hold true for different AE and BBTS locations. But just on final cost (assuming my shipping estimate is close) then Sideshow just edges out the others... but does have an NRD on Joker.

how do you get 479 with SS? $265 + 240? Then I would have sales tax, which would put me at about $530 with SS.

How accurate is their shipping? Is that what they will charge you, or just an estimate?

If so that means they're a bit cheaper, although I know a lot of people are spooked about ordering through them given the past credit card security issues.

Accurate. They have set prices for shipping. Also, I got my Iron Man Mk VI from them, and I don't recall a different shipping cost between order and shipment.

Aside from being a great company... they do double box. My Spider-Man came in a pretty large second box which helped to insure the actually packaging would arrive undamaged.

It was $20 for shipping, but I used 14 rewards points so it put it at $475. AE always packs figures very securely and I've have never had any problems with them. I order from them almost all the time unless theres a sideshow ex I really want.

I think I read someone on this forum orders from Sideshow and has his stuff double-boxed.

man i think I like this Keaton better than Joker. Definitely more psyched about these than Nolan's upcoming Bat figures from HT

BBTS is still $2 cheaper and has no 10% cancelation fee. You decide.

Just a heads up to all potential BBTS customers. They do allow you to cancel preorders without penalty, plus they have great customer service, and they pack their products safely and securely.

BUT... It occasionally takes a long time for them to ship out a new product. For example, We BBTS customers received our Hot Toys T-800's (MMS 117) about a month after everybody else on this board....

but even when they didn't have competition, they were still affordable...well, reasonably affordable.

most of their products for a LONG time didn't go past 130-150.

but now we're jumping from $180 to $250 in less than half a year.

i agree...they need competition. and i don't wanna end up hating HT. seriously talented in what they do. but...ugh...it's getting frustrating.

I think one of the big reasons no one has mention yet is the terrible US dollar. :dunno

On top of that like others have said the likeness rights for this one were no doubt costly and Hot Toys knows this is a popular, highly sought after line. I got a set myself through SSC. I wish I had the cash for 2 Keatons but I need to save it for the Batmobile :panic:

man i think I like this Keaton better than Joker. Definitely more psyched about these than Nolan's upcoming Bat figures from HT

I was shocked how much it actually looks like Keaton. When Joker was first shown at SDCC, I was for sure Bats wouldn't even come close to him. Now after seeing the pic of Keaton bats, I thought it was a movie still :lol. It's a good time to be a Batman fan.

Now Bale and Routh (likeness could have been better) would have matched up good together, because of the era just like Keaton and Reeve, alas I cannot afford a Routh Superman.:monkey2

At least you got the Zack Snyder "Man Of Steel". I think it makes more sense since they're both under the Nolan camp. I'm glad I missed out on the Routh as it looks too identical to Reeves.

Back