Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the "lifers" (what I call the grumpy long time users here) really ganged up on him. I wanted to say something, but decided to stay out of it. It was a futile battle.

Guys, no big deal. I have had a pretty good relationship with SSC's for the brief time I've been a collector. Just a few issues. And yes, there are outspoken folks on here but everyone's opinion counts.

I'm gonna pass on these. I love 89 but I'll stick to the Nolan verse myself. I'm real excited for the guys who are gonna get these on the same day though! What a day that will be for you big Burton fans.

I have to say these two are magnificent. I was a huge fan of the Burton Batman and Keatons portrayal. Ordered them both at BBTS. You would think SS would be able to do as good or better and still offer free domestic shipping.

Just ordered a set through AEC. A little pricey, but They come with a ton of stuff. and, individually, aren't too far off from the original DX releases, which had less accessory and license fee wise. Oh well, bye-bye bank robber joker. that'll fund these and CR supes almost lol.

why are HT prices rising? not to sound condescending or anything, i'm pretty rich, but looking at these price tags has me scratching my head.

look at reeves supes, begins/wayne, the iron man figs. seriously what the hell is going on here?

HT's better be careful, when these figs start hitting $300, many people are gonna bail, along with myself. yeah, i can afford them, but i'm not gonna support them if they continue raising their prices because they're the only ones rocking the 1/6th world.

what i loved about HT's was that their products were amazing for their value. now they're heading into premium format pricing and that's ludicrous.

can anyone shed any light on this? what the hell is going on?

Can you buy me one ?, haha

So SSC's has Free shipping and points of course...but the prices are higher...so what to do, what to do.

If you factor in shipping costs (guessing a combined of $20) and rewards points you are looking at the following prices for the set:

BBTS: $495
Alter Ego: $481 ($9 in RP)
Sideshow: $479.75 (Free shipping and $25.25 in RP)

Of course if you live in CA Sideshow will hit you with tax and I think that might hold true for different AE and BBTS locations. But just on final cost (assuming my shipping estimate is close) then Sideshow just edges out the others... but does have an NRD on Joker.

BBTS is still $2 cheaper and has no 10% cancelation fee. You decide.
Alter Ego Comics offers the bundle for 469.99$
Big Bad Toy Store has them individualy at 249.99$ and 224.99$.
Thats a couple bucks cheaper on AAC, unless I missed something. You can spend the extra 5$ on celebratory snacks, once the figures arrive.

Hot Toys are really counting on the Nolan customers lapping these up, but with these prices, folks'll just say, "why is this worth more than this (Nolan) with much more going for it."

Ordering this was a no brainer, I almost did it with thinking.:yess:

He will be the bomb standing next to Reeve Superman; to me they just go together.:hi5:

Now Bale and Routh (likeness could have been better) would have matched up good together, because of the era just like Keaton and Reeve, alas I cannot afford a Routh Superman.:monkey2

If you factor in shipping costs (guessing a combined of $20) and rewards points you are looking at the following prices for the set:

BBTS: $495
Alter Ego: $481 ($9 in RP)
Sideshow: $479.75 (Free shipping and $25.25 in RP)

Of course if you live in CA Sideshow will hit you with tax and I think that might hold true for different AE and BBTS locations. But just on final cost (assuming my shipping estimate is close) then Sideshow just edges out the others... but does have an NRD on Joker.

Thanks, man, I went with SS. I've only used two companies...HCG and SSC's and despite some thinking I hate SSC, Mike and others have been helpful with some returns and other credits, etc.

Yep, my total with shipping was 477.43

How accurate is their shipping? Is that what they will charge you, or just an estimate?

If so that means they're a bit cheaper, although I know a lot of people are spooked about ordering through them given the past credit card security issues.

I just got them both from BBTS, now I just need the batmobile to be released. Just wont know where to display it all!! The problems of collecting!! haha

Back