Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been telling myself no to Keaton Batman. I gave in.

Studio Session-902-Edit rz.jpg

Congratulations Auel! He was my first Hot Toy and probably the hardest to resist. Glad you caved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Auel! He was my first Hot Toy and probably the hardest to resist. Glad you caved!

I kinda have buyer's remorse at first as I don't really remember him that much.

Watch the movie again felt all nostalgia moments in me :lol

So glad someone near me is selling the cape, I'm so happy right now.

I agree, this piece doesn't need a remake. It's perfect imo.

It holds up perfectly well and is probably better than a few recent releases. That said, there is *one* thing they could do for a 2.0, and that's construct the suit like the actual costume. Besides ultimate accuracy it would have been more poseable.

Mezco's ONE:12 prototype actually did it, but then they switched it to mimic the HT construction.

All the same, one of the greatest figures of all time. I sold mine to get the Returns which I display with a customized Sean Dabbs Catwoman, but I'm sometimes tempted to go back and buy it again -- I don't like displaying multiples of the same character which is the only reason I don't. Aftermarket is nuts too, but even so, what a figure.

It holds up perfectly well and is probably better than a few recent releases. That said, there is *one* thing they could do for a 2.0, and that's construct the suit like the actual costume. Besides ultimate accuracy it would have been more poseable.

Mezco's ONE:12 prototype actually did it, but then they switched it to mimic the HT construction.

All the same, one of the greatest figures of all time. I sold mine to get the Returns which I display with a customized Sean Dabbs Catwoman, but I'm sometimes tempted to go back and buy it again -- I don't like displaying multiples of the same character which is the only reason I don't. Aftermarket is nuts too, but even so, what a figure.

Just curious, how much would you pay for a loose Returns Batman complete without Bruce Wayne or box?

Just curious, how much would you pay for a loose Returns Batman complete without Bruce Wayne or box?

Quite some time ago, but after it had sold out (I think??) I paid $298USD for one MISB. They're now listed at around $735USD on eBay which is way too much ... a quick perusal of completed listings shows one sold on June 28th for about $656USD.

If I was really after one in this current market? If it were in perfect condition I'd probably go as high as $300USD, but that's because boxes don't mean much to me and the aftermarket has apparently gone completely insane. I don't know when that happened but I'm glad I have mine. :horror

*EDIT: What I mean by "way too much" is that the figure is awesome but at that price it wouldn't be fun to own anymore. There has to be a point where value-for-money kicks in.

Quite some time ago, but after it had sold out (I think??) I paid $298USD for one MISB. They're now listed at around $735USD on eBay which is way too much ... a quick perusal of completed listings shows one sold on June 28th for about $656USD.

If I was really after one in this current market? If it were in perfect condition I'd probably go as high as $300USD, but that's because boxes don't mean much to me and the aftermarket has apparently gone completely insane. I don't know when that happened but I'm glad I have mine. :horror

*EDIT: What I mean by "way too much" is that the figure is awesome but at that price it wouldn't be fun to own anymore. There has to be a point where value-for-money kicks in.

Yep I paid $220 for mine at retail, I would also probably go to $350 for one now (it's a great figure) but not much more above that.

Patience is a virtue in this hobby, wait long enough and you can find great deals on most things.

Yeah, I could see $350USD even without a box; I?m still talking like someone who already has one. :lol

Yes to patience. This isn?t a figure you?re going to find at retail, but that crazy price surge either won?t last or someone will eventually take a lower offer when enough time passes and they don?t sell.

I?m not sure why they?re so high right now...maybe it?s the lack of DC offerings? Or the impending Pattinson Batman film??

Or has everyone just lost their damn minds?

Yeah your definitely right about insane prices. I'm looking into buying this and the DX08 and I think it's going to cost me around $1300-$1400 to get them brand new. I would much rather get them used from someone who babied them at a much lower price.

Yeah, I could see $350USD even without a box; I?m still talking like someone who already has one. :lol

Yes to patience. This isn?t a figure you?re going to find at retail, but that crazy price surge either won?t last or someone will eventually take a lower offer when enough time passes and they don?t sell.

I?m not sure why they?re so high right now...maybe it?s the lack of DC offerings? Or the impending Pattinson Batman film??

Or has everyone just lost their damn minds?

The Burton figures have always kept their value extremely well. The DX08 and DX09 have always been expensive on the aftermarket, and the Returns figure is there now too.

Yeah your definitely right about insane prices. I'm looking into buying this and the DX08 and I think it's going to cost me around $1300-$1400 to get them brand new. I would much rather get them used from someone who babied them at a much lower price.

Stay vigilant and patient, I got a DX08 within the last few months for $350 in perfect condition. I hate to say it, but COVID is also causing people to need money quickly and these collectibles is often where they start when selling.

Back