Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best HT figures.
I even like the cape out of the box.

DhB36wH.jpg

Stock cape is not bad like everyone says as long as you what to do with it. Of course I?m not saying you shouldn?t get one. But it?s really not a necessity.

I was installing some lights in one of my cases an noticed the cape of this figure was speckled with whitish-grey marks. It looks like it could be deterioration of the material, or perhaps even mold. Has anyone seen this happen?

I was thinking of getting an Unreal cape. This might be a sign, haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

15a1b0e8a4eeb7bb59325a77d0cd91ed.jpg

Feeling this set this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: Wasn't paying attention and thought this was the Returns thread. Whoops!

Last edited:
I have an interesting find- My friend sold me his figure which was in an unfortunate condition where the PERS broke, one eye was literally sunken too deep in the eye socket, one of the boot connector cracked, a missing arm fin, broken batarang and the cape has deteriorated that it was shedding crumbs and felt light. He said he never played with it but it had broken down due to being in storage too long.

Since I'm very familiar with this figure (it was my first HT and I've handled several of them over the years) I've concluded that there are 3 common issues to look out for with this figure if you're planning to get one or if you're just inspecting yours after awhile:

1) Cape. The quickest part of the figure to break down. The suit is thick enough that vinyl cream applied once a year is more than enough to keep it in pristine condition, but the cape is made of pleather that will eventually become sticky due to deterioration. You can also use some vinyl care products on the cape.

2) The PERS, which most likely will break in time but it's not the end of the world. All you need to do it to unscrew the cover at the back of the head and disconnect one of the tabs so that the plastic doesn't link both eyes anymore. You'll loose the PERS feature but you'll now be able to manipulate each eyeball individually.

3) Boot socket. This is almost inevitable just like the Batman Begins figure. The boot socket cracks easily and I've seen this on more than 3 figures now. I'm planing to use epoxy on mine and just lock the boots to the feet peg.

I also saw a video on Youtube about applying products to the figure, however DO NOT apply any on the cowl, boots or arm guards/gloves simply due to how easily the plastic shines and make the figure look like ass because the actual cowl in the film was matte. Having a shiny cowl is just screen inaccurate.

My figure is still in great shape. Haven?t put anything on it at all.

I keep it behind glass though

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

My figure is still in great shape. Haven?t put anything on it at all.

I keep it behind glass though

Myself as well, except I don?t even keep it behind glass. Worst issue I?ve run into is a bit of dust.

mine just had the defective grey leather issue that happened when it came, out storage does matter, the plastic inside my Kyosho ferrari started to melt after sitting there, it?s just super sticky

Here's a question for veteran owners: Is it normal for the rubber suit on the elbow joints to completely hamper having any bend in them? I can bend the arms, but because of the rubber it moves them back down into place, as there's no locking joint like what the Returns figure has.

Here's a question for veteran owners: Is it normal for the rubber suit on the elbow joints to completely hamper having any bend in them? I can bend the arms, but because of the rubber it moves them back down into place, as there's no locking joint like what the Returns figure has.

Yes the rubber suit on the DX09 restricts articulation, the body has not got ratchet joints like the Return fig does.

Anyone apply any specific leather treatment to the suit? I'm worried about making it too shiny but want to keep it from breaking down over time

I use car vinyl care and only a few drops would do. The suit is surprisingly tough due to how thick it is. I personally wouldn’t worry about it compared to the PERS, feet holes and cape that deteriorates way faster than the suit would.

Mine is still perfect and I bought mine brand new when it first came out. I've always toyed with the idea of putting some sort of treatment on it to help prevent any deterioration but haven't done so.

i honestly had a spare batman returns figure that never used or display i opened it to check it out and was dry, i just use some good ole leather protectant to keep it al nourished so it doesn?t dry up

I would love that spare Returns figure.

Back