Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a dremel to carve the damages and a lighter to get the burnt damaged effect. Then I used paint to make it look dirty and damaged.

Ah, I thought it looked melted, I just had no clue how you accomplished a controlled burn to achieve that look and not destroy the figure. Really clever technique and thanks a lot for the explanation! If I ever get my hands on another DX09, I'll have to give this a go.

Ah, I thought it looked melted, I just had no clue how you accomplished a controlled burn to achieve that look and not destroy the figure. Really clever technique and thanks a lot for the explanation! If I ever get my hands on another DX09, I'll have to give this a go.

I used the lighter to burn to suit in some area then some sand paper to add some texture to the burnt area.

elvis... that is a damaged bats worth of a crashed batwing diorama!!

superb work.

Actually i'm working on one but for the 7" Neca figure :)

Was the lighter used on the central Bat-symbol, or was that paint?

The bat symbol is just painted.
The lighter is aminly use to burn some area on the suit. I alos used a drmele to carve the damages on his chest then sandpaper to give it a bit of rough texture to it.

IMG_3178_zpsircsawoa.jpg

Kewl! :rock
The burnt effect is very-very good. How's the articulation tho?
_

I remember wantin' to buy one separate head and mouth piece for BD look...
The anti-Russian situation ruined it all, man! :lol

Kewl! :rock
The burnt effect is very-very good. How's the articulation tho?
_

I remember wantin' to buy one separate head and mouth piece for BD look...
The anti-Russian situation ruined it all, man! :lol

THe burnt effect didn't changed anything to the articulation.
My next plan is to cut all the armor pieces and glue them to a lycra bodysuit.

Amazing picture! Could easily be mistaken for an actual picture of Keaton. That's what I love about this figure, it's so life like.

They're amazing, most people are floored when I tell them it's an action figure
I'm looking forward to the Returns figure because I don't think it will have the removable part of the head which takes away from the sculpt on the 89 (I edited the crease out in the picture)

They're amazing, most people are floored when I tell them it's an action figure
I'm looking forward to the Returns figure because I don't think it will have the removable part of the head which takes away from the sculpt on the 89 (I edited the crease out in the picture)

Sorry dude, but I think it does have the same crease.

Sorry dude, but I think it does have the same crease.

Don't recall seeing one in the promo pics but maybe it's tucked back more, so at least it's not at the middle of the top of the head
It's fairly prominent on the 89 figure

I'll prob end up getting this guy back sometime after the new year. Regret selling him. But hey we all go through those kind of phases.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just finished my Battle Damaged Batman. My favourite scene and look from the movie.

IMG_3178_zpsircsawoa.jpg
Like I said on FB, I think this is brilliant. Well done! :rock

THe burnt effect didn't changed anything to the articulation.
My next plan is to cut all the armor pieces and glue them to a lycra bodysuit.

I remember someone doing somthing similar a few years back. I'm still looking forward to it though. :)

Here's a few pics I took a couple days ago.

I'm really digging this revival for the figure. The new pics are just as fresh and cool as they were when it was first released. I'm guessing the anticipation for Returns Batman has a lot to do with this.

Can't wait to see the two of them side by side.

^Won't this be your third DX09, Psycho? I hope you'll get him back. He's a keeper in my book.
Yes sadly.. but oh well I have every possible 89 Batman besides HT. So why not this time I'm keeping him. Since I'm pretty content with my other collections now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It was a pleasure to see these BD Batman pics Elvis, well done buddy.

Great pics as usual Fiend, the stock cape with the cut-out wire really is the best option I feel to make the cape look it's best.

I'm really digging this revival for the figure. The new pics are just as fresh and cool as they were when it was first released. I'm guessing the anticipation for Returns Batman has a lot to do with this.

Can't wait to see the two of them side by side.

89 Batman WILL NEVER DIE, IMO....

Thinkin after having 2 dx 09s and selling them I may go back and pick up one since I have the batmobile and the returns batman on order.
Anyone selling one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back