Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like that cape too, Sidious. Would be interested in one depending On the price if that seller makes more.

I have not received any notification emails of new posts for the last 12 hours....anyone else having this?

EDIT: My email provider (paid subscription...they provide my cable TV, telephone and broadband, not a free web based one) suddenly decided to put all my Sideshow Freaks email into my SPAM folder...weird!

Last edited:
Excellent pic and futzing! I see you took the wire out. That what I did. IMO that's the only way to go.

Brilliant photo & set up Ian - looks like the promo pic of Keaton!! :clap :rock

Awesome buddy. Yeah doing the mod to the original cape is the way to go but I left mine stock and bought Tony's cape and another from Italy. If I had a spare cape I may do that mod one day.

Thanks! :hi5:

Yes, I removed the wire and the inner layer. The downside is the grey color inside but the way the cape hangs now makes up for it.

I'll wait for HT's Batman Returns to see if the cape is improved and can be used with 89 Batman.

That would be mega-helpful, if it's not too much trouble. I like the stock cape for what it represents, I have a Tony v1 cape, but I would also like another option if possible.

Thank you. :duff

Well I sent him and email and he said that he was going to do another 40-60 capes probably in a month's time so that is great to hear. I will assume that they will be available via eBay so I will keep checking. :hi5:

I quite like that cape too, Sidious. Would be interested in one depending On the price if that seller makes more.

Well I was roughly about £35 for it and that included P&P so I think that is roughly about $55.

Yes, I removed the wire and the inner layer. The downside is the grey color inside but the way the cape hangs now makes up for it.

I'll wait for HT's Batman Returns to see if the cape is improved and can be used with 89 Batman.

Yeah seeing the returns cape will be interesting to see what they do with it, if anything at all.

Here is more pics from the custom cape from Italy, still not finished with it but it is coming along -

I have a feeling the Returns cape will be much of the the same. But like you, I'm anticipating its reveal in hopes that they make a better cape.
What the hell is it with these companies anyway? Why can't they make a decent cape? Its so easy. I make my own capes and its dirt cheap to buy a length of fabric and cut it out, so I know they can do it for even cheaper by buying fabric in bulk. All the HT capes with the exception of the Keaton cape are crap. And even the Keaton cape had to be modded to hang naturally. :lol. I hear EBs cape for their BB figure sucks too. What the hell.

Anyway, about the gray inner part of the cape- it sucks. :lol Many people have tried different things and none are universally accepted as "the way" to darken it. Personally, I used black magic marker. :lol I believe Coco did too. I went over it about three times and it looks about as good as I think I'm going to get it. I did this several months ago and it doesn't rub off on the suit or anything. Others have tried dye, shoe polish(?), and watered down acrylic. Magic marker was the fastest and easiest I figured so I tried it.
I works for me. :)
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
5e457a3991ab26f96fe078c449ef3daf.jpg

251f22aab7fd0f09ba568d155578211f.jpg

That Italian cape looks fine. Less dark and shiny than Toney Mei's and it seems to hang about the same way.

I have a feeling the Returns cape will be mire of the the same. But like you, I'm anticipating its reveal in hopes that they make a better cape.
What the hell is it with these companies anyway? Why can't they make a decent cape? Its so easy. I make my own capes and its dirt cheap to buy a length of fabric and cut it out, so I know they can do it for even cheaper by buying fabric in bulk. All the HT capes with the exception of the Keaton cape are crap. And even the Keaton cape had to be modded to hang naturally. :lol. I hear EBs cape for their BB figure sucks too. What the hell.

Anyway, about the gray inner part of the cape- it sucks. :lol Many people have tried different things and none are universally accepted as "the way" to darken it. Personally, I used black magic marker. :lol I believe Coco did too. I went over it about three times and it looks about as good as I think I'm going to get it. I did this several months ago and it doesn't rub off on the suit or anything. Others have tried dye, shoe polish(?), and watered down acrylic. Magic marker was the fastest and easiest I figured so I tried it.
I works for me. :)

I don't have many hopes as for Batman Return's cape but seeing how fast HT's improves and how far this figure is pushed back... :lol

I might try the marker. Thanks for the tip!

I dont like to post other's pic's but saw this was on FB 1/6 repubic a week or 2 a go and stealing the idea for a batcave display.

I had my sister print me out some of the joker pic's but was unable to shrink some of pics down so small and print for the smaller monitors

I just want thank who ever for the idea not sure if is a forum member here or not ,but A BIG THANK'S for the inspiration hope mine turns out half as good. I also found this pic yesterday may need to print some time.

That Italian cape looks fine. Less dark and shiny than Toney Mei's and it seems to hang about the same way.

I don't have many hopes as for Batman Return's cape but seeing how fast HT's improves and how far this figure is pushed back... :lol

Yep the cape is superb. :clap

I dont like to post other's pic's but saw this was on FB 1/6 repubic a week or 2 a go and stealing the idea for a batcave display.

I had my sister print me out some of the joker pic's but was unable to shrink some of pics down so small and print for the smaller monitors

I just want thank who ever for the idea not sure if is a forum member here or not ,but A BIG THANK'S for the inspiration hope mine turns out half as good. I also found this pic yesterday may need to print some time.

Man that rocks. Top marks to the owner and good luck highlander1.

Had to glue all of my face plate magnets, all came off when I tried to remove from head

So i got all my pics and foam backing cut out for my pics of joker and think may try and add some small mini digital frame's when can. I think would work awesome with a bunch of mini digital frames playing in the background if can do it. The digital frame's could do a slideshow of all batmans enemys playing. For now need to find my damn tape measure to fit my mini pics with some frames or sticker frames...

Here's my thoughts about HT Keaton figure. Amazing likeness of Keaton, in general I just love it. But Batman's pers feels very fragile when moving or at least so I think. Also today I was to trying to change the pose (I don't do that often) and as I just touched the figure, the middle wing in the right gauntlet arm armor fell off. It's ok I will use glue to put it back in. The face part is extremely hard to remove. It seems like it has glue in the back instead of a small magnet. I'm afraid to use force to remove it.

FInally I tried to put him in the batmobile seat and it seemed almost impossible with this cape. Maybe with the canopy removed it would be much easier. I guess that the boots must be removed also?

Here's my thoughts about HT Keaton figure. Amazing likeness of Keaton, in general I just love it. But Batman's pers feels very fragile when moving or at least so I think. Also today I was to trying to change the pose (I don't do that often) and as I just touched the figure, the middle wing in the right gauntlet arm armor fell off. It's ok I will use glue to put it back in. The face part is extremely hard to remove. It seems like it has glue in the back instead of a small magnet. I'm afraid to use force to remove it.

FInally I tried to put him in the batmobile seat and it seemed almost impossible with this cape. Maybe with the canopy removed it would be much easier. I guess that the boots must be removed also?

You can use force to remove the faceplate, I had to, but the magnet stayed on the head so I had to glue them back on
Also, my left foot peg broke, have to order another one online
Love the fig, but it does seem fragile

:lol

For maybe 30 seconds I was looking at that thinking, "uhh, what did you photoshop/change"?

One more thing. When I said it was the fastest method that doesnt mean fast. :lol Just fastest in relation to the other methods posted. It still took a bit because you want the different marker strokes to blend.

1385237_540004592745100_1255381773_n_zps420513b8.jpg

Cool. Something different and unique.

Back