Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Well mine hasn't shipped yet I don't think. I wonder what I'll get.

Me too...I rushed and bought one thinking it was the last run for a while :dunno I'll be happy with either version as I believe it's all down to good futzing. After all, I'm just grateful to be getting Another cape that's better than HT's version....

I'm waiting for the "my cape is leaking and it burned through my rubber suit and melted my Batman".

Like a JLA movie, it's coming.

All this time and all these pics and I never heard once that the ****ing cape was sticky. Everyone was too busy fapping about it. Honestly, I kinda wish that I'd known.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:(:(:(

Re: Help with michael keaton Batman

Welcome to the forums! And I see that's your first ever post!

I don't know how to make those poses, but I am sure someone on the forum will help!

WELCOME!!!!!!:clap

@ haytil. It's frustrating because (as I said in the actual cape thread) Tony and Crystal have busted a nut to get this v1 out. And brilliant it looks too. They also made a second run of original fabric to satisfy our rapacious desire to make our figures better.

But sadly there has been an element of thinking nought of the people that do this and a back-wave of complaints about the length of the cape, so as to more-or-less force Tony to produce a third (?) run of fabric for the v2 longer cape. All of which has ended up with a v2 cape which, to me, is now too long. But he did it for the moaners and complainers when he absolutely did not need to.

What is the ultimate frustration is that there seems to have been an automatic assumption that this will be done for us, and the taking for granted two people's good nature and desire to please.

In his last post in the actual DX09 Cape thread Tony makes it clear that what he does from now on...is what he does from now on and that that is all there is to it.

Well done people, he is now clearly rather pissed off.

Last edited:

Welcome cheekys :wave

I will move your thread through to the DC section.
There are many Batman collectors in there so I'm sure they will be able to help you quicker than here in General.
All the best
x :duff

I find the fight pose quite easy to do, could it be the joints on your figure that are the problem? The costume is quite restricting and limits the poses you can make, so that second pose is trickier to get right.

Welcome! Those poses can be tricky as the suit will naturally want to return to a more neutral pose therefore pulling the arms out if the position you want. Leavi g your figure in that pose for a long time could also damage the suit.

With regards to the cape, a lot of patience is required to adjust and fold it. But you could buy a custom cape from Tony Meis in the customs sections.

It was only a matter of time until some sort of rift developed over this 'short cape syndrome'.

There seems to be divided opinion on the matter.

I think it's a tricky one: people want accuracy and are paying a lot for these things (I'd have bought a V1 but I can't justify that price for a cape) whereas, Tony doesn't NEED to create a longer version; he doesn't need to sell these capes at all.

It's a tough one and I can see both sides or the argument. However, the demand for accuracy, as we know, is extremely high on this forum so by supplying a custom piece you are running the risk of unhappy customers but then again those buying a custom piece run the risk of it never being exactly what they want.

If people thought it was too short, then it could be argued that they shouldn't have bought it in the first place. However, if the capes were being sold for $10 then I don't think this problem would have reached its current level.

Tough one.

All this time and all these pics and I never heard once that the ****ing cape was sticky. Everyone was too busy fapping about it. Honestly, I kinda wish that I'd known.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

When you take it out of the shipping envelope the fabric is stuck to itself so you basically have to pull it apart and stretch it open before you put it on the figure. It's not sticky on its own so much as the material sticks to itself when you press it together. This actually helps with posing the cape as you can bunch it up and it won't automatically billow back out. I'd almost say it's by design, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was a happy accident.

Either way, I think it works for the cape. It allows you to pose it without having to rely on a wire. And as far as a reaction with the rubber goes, the interior of the cape is basic fabric, so anything that comes into contact with the suit isn't the treated part.

The v1 cape is fine as it is, people are just way too picky and expect something that can't be achieved by an actual multimillion dollar operation, let alone a couple of people making capes on the side from their homes. People have paid more for simple fabric capes from other members that could have been made by themselves with a damn $5 investment, but for some reason they've singled this one out despite it being a far better product than HT has given us. If you want to ***** about something, ***** about paying $50 for a cape cut from $4 fabric easily available at JoAnn Fabrics. Don't ***** about something that had 20x the work put into it and force the maker's hand because you think it's too short when in fact it's accurate.

i got the v1 cape, and i am more than happy with it, i cant see why people are complaining about it. it improves the figure so much

The v1 cape is great, tony and crystal are great artist, and i'm happy and thankfull with their work.
I also think that the 2.0 is too long, not movie accurate, but it also looks amazing. I don't need and upgrade, but those who want a longer cape must be VERY VERY greatfull of this 2 artist. And make them know....

When you take it out of the shipping envelope the fabric is stuck to itself so you basically have to pull it apart and stretch it open before you put it on the figure. It's not sticky on its own so much as the material sticks to itself when you press it together. This actually helps with posing the cape as you can bunch it up and it won't automatically billow back out. I'd almost say it's by design, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was a happy accident.

Either way, I think it works for the cape. It allows you to pose it without having to rely on a wire. And as far as a reaction with the rubber goes, the interior of the cape is basic fabric, so anything that comes into contact with the suit isn't the treated part.

The v1 cape is fine as it is, people are just way too picky and expect something that can't be achieved by an actual multimillion dollar operation, let alone a couple of people making capes on the side from their homes. People have paid more for simple fabric capes from other members that could have been made by themselves with a damn $5 investment, but for some reason they've singled this one out despite it being a far better product than HT has given us. If you want to ***** about something, ***** about paying $50 for a cape cut from $4 fabric easily available at JoAnn Fabrics. Don't ***** about something that had 20x the work put into it and force the maker's hand because you think it's too short when in fact it's accurate.

Im going to go ahead and assume that last paragraph with the expletives wasn't necessarily directed at me? Keep in mind I don't even have the cape yet. Im just going what everyone else is saying. As far as the shortness goes, in some pics it seemed a bit short and others it seemed perfect. So I guess I don't know what to think of it until I get it in hand.

Isn't this pretty much all subjective? :huh

I mean one man's accuracy is another man's flaw. Particularly when viewing something like these figures blown up on computer monitors with camera distortion and weird angles (sometimes).

So really, out of 30, 40, 50 capes, there's bound to be a few guys who think. "This ain't how I remember it!" Or a few guys who maul over film stills and want it to look just like their favorite scene in the film which happens to look different from any other part of the film.

Bottom line, I wouldn't make too much of it. Kinda comes with the territory, don't cha think? If T & C are willing to oblige, that's mighty kind of em. And those who are happy with v1, aren't you still happy with it? And those that want v2, it's available. And for those with v1 who want v2, T & C have made provisions for them too. Why start fighting amongst each other or critizing each other for having a subjective opinion about what they bought when chances are, there's going to be different opinions? :huh

Just saying...

C&P of what I said in the cape thread:

I don't understand why the people who think the V1 cape is perfect as it is are upset with the people that prefer a slightly longer V2.

You have the cape YOU WANT and you are completely satisfied with it, what is the problem with other people getting the cape THEY WANT? If you like the cape you have at the length it is, why is the existence of an even longer cape even an issue for you? It should be irrelevant to your satisfaction. You're not missing out. In fact, from your opinion, you already own the best version of the cape, right?

----

And to add some more...this is not about entitlement. NO ONE is getting a cape, any cape, for FREE. If you like the V1 cape as it is, great for you, you can PAY for that. If you wanted a slightly longer one, and you voiced your opinion, now you have an option to PAY for that too. In fact, if you already have the V1 and want the V2, Tony is generously offering it to you at a discount, which he certainly doesn't have to do. People that PAY for are V2 because that's what they want to spend their money on are no more "entitled" than people that PAY for a V1 because that's what they want to spend their money on.

It's curious that feedback to Tony is interpreted as whining and moaning now, even though every post I've seen about it was actually complimentary to Tony's cape quality, and mentioned the length as a critique....it's called constructive criticism people. I dare you to find a post that says anything like "Tony's cape sucks because it's too short!" The overwhelming majority, if not all, of the criticisms of the cape's length are more like "Tony's cape is awesome, and I don't want to take anything away from it because I appreciate the hard work and talent etc.....but I wish it was a bit longer."

C&P of what I said in the cape thread:

I don't understand why the people who think the V1 cape is perfect as it is are upset with the people that prefer a slightly longer V2.

You have the cape YOU WANT and you are completely satisfied with it, what is the problem with other people getting the cape THEY WANT? If you like the cape you have at the length it is, why is the existence of an even longer cape even an issue for you? It should be irrelevant to your satisfaction. You're not missing out. In fact, from your opinion, you already own the best version of the cape, right?

----

And to add some more...this is not about entitlement. NO ONE is getting a cape, any cape, for FREE. If you like the V1 cape as it is, great for you, you can PAY for that. If you wanted a slightly longer one, and you voiced your opinion, now you have an option to PAY for that too. In fact, if you already have the V1 and want the V2, Tony is generously offering it to you at a discount, which he certainly doesn't have to do. People that PAY for are V2 because that's what they want to spend their money on are no more "entitled" than people that PAY for a V1 because that's what they want to spend their money on.

It's curious that feedback to Tony is interpreted as whining and moaning now, even though every post I've seen about it was actually complimentary to Tony's cape quality, and mentioned the length as a critique....it's called constructive criticism people. I dare you to find a post that says anything like "Tony's cape sucks because it's too short!" The overwhelming majority, if not all, of the criticisms of the cape's length are more like "Tony's cape is awesome, and I don't want to take anything away from it because I appreciate the hard work and talent etc.....but I wish it was a bit longer."

:exactly:

Well said, finally some common sense.

LOL :lol Crystal and I take critique very well so no worry too much about us :lol

Our goal is to make a good cape before 2.0 actually releases, now that comes Down to a few points

- we want to make sure every cape we make is better than the previous one

- before we actually complete the 2.0, no cape is being release. Last thing I want to hear is.... I want that instead of this, :lol

- Lets put these valuable comments on the cape interested thread instead. And also please provide some really good images from the movie. With all the time talking and making opinion, some body can really help me by attaching some good official movie promo images so I know what I'm aiming or. Because instead of Crystal and I kept on reading this, we rather be working on it and make the cape better.

- last, critique only make us better and we never thought our design has reach its limits. So lets help each other freaks, I'm sure we know 89 Batman better than anyone out there right? Lets make a good one together :hi5:

Post those great pictures at the link below to guide us with and let's leave this DX09 Batman thread as complete pictures to share with everyone together. It suppose to be about 89 Batman DX09 not just about a cape :slap :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104832

Thank you all and appreciate everyone's great opinion

Tony

I've not used the HT cape yet, but, when I finally get around to displaying this guy, I think I'll just futz the **** out of it before considering custom options; it worked for cr0w.:lol

Too much stuff on the way; that being said, Tony and Crystal's capes look fantastic, and I hope there are still some around once I, inevitably, change my mind.:lol

Back