Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch out for loose magnets. The magnet in the folding gun fell off, and I have to re-glue it. Quite a small thing so be careful not to lose it.

Also, the hard protective shield on his left glove/gauntlet got loose as well, so I have to re-glue that too.

Other than that, there is no other Michael Keaton-Batman figure out there that can top this.

Or, until Batman Returns arrive? :D

Cancelled, sick of waiting, the pics over the MONTHS ruined the buzz. This company is lost.

Other than that, there is no other Michael Keaton-Batman figure out there that can top this.

Oh I don't know about that...

41DmZGKaPBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watch out for loose magnets. The magnet in the folding gun fell off, and I have to re-glue it. Quite a small thing so be careful not to lose it.

Also, the hard protective shield on his left glove/gauntlet got loose as well, so I have to re-glue that too.

Or, until Batman Returns arrive? :D

YEs, that little magent on the grapple gun became loose on mine as well and i had to use a dap of super glue on that as well. beyond that, ive had no problems, though there is this weird red paint thats inbetween the cracks of one of the gloved hands that i will have to remove, i guess a bit of paint slop but its weird cuz its red. the muscle body is amazing because you can bend it and it doesnt tear or anything. they must have upgraded that since the HT rambo body days.

Finally getting around to looking at mine.

It's an amazing figure.

Does anybody else find the face plates are a bit difficult to take on and off? I don't want to use my nails to get a grip and I feel I am rubbing it too much with my thumb!

i just got mine today, i dont think words cant really describe how supermely awsome this guy is. i think instead i will just post some pics. forgive the quality, they were taken quickly but i tried to be creative and use outdoor elements. SO happy to finally have this guy!!!

my question is, what is that little chrome-silver communicator-looking thing? i dont remember that from the movie. also, has anyone tried to make a B89 batsignal? like, do they make any 1/6 scale flood lights?

If you mean the thin silver black communicator it's supposed to be the remote for the Batmobile. If you man the round silver gadget, with the zero readings it's a batbomb. As for as I know every accessory included was used in the movie, except the ninja stars, I stii can't find where he used the stars. :dunno

It's an amazing figure.

Does anybody else find the face plates are a bit difficult to take on and off? I don't want to use my nails to get a grip and I feel I am rubbing it too much with my thumb!

Yup, I find the same thing on both of my Batmen.
:monkey3

If you mean the thin silver black communicator it's supposed to be the remote for the Batmobile. If you man the round silver gadget, with the zero readings it's a batbomb. As for as I know every accessory included was used in the movie, except the ninja stars, I stii can't find where he used the stars. :dunno

A BATBOMB?

seriously, when did he used that device in the film? not the batmobile remote, the all silver thing. i dont remember that from the film, can anyone post a pic if it was in the film?

I ordered today HT Captain America so Im come back to this thread when I maybe have this Batman.Bye bye DX09 thread for awhile. I dont care when this comes in stock to BBTS yes.

It's an amazing figure.

Yes, it is a little difficult to remove, but just follow the owner's manual and you'll be OK. Don't ever use your nails or anything sharp to pry it off, one scratch of the paint and you'll be regretting it forever.

A BATBOMB?

seriously, when did he used that device in the film? not the batmobile remote, the all silver thing. i dont remember that from the film, can anyone post a pic if it was in the film?

Hey man, awesome bat suit, anyhow I wondered this as well and here is the absolutely fascinating discovery I made. I decided to pull out my special edition 89 DVD the other day in anticipation of this figure, when I did, I watched a special feature about the gadgets. Therein is a photo of the propmaster in front of a table with all of batman's gadgets. Included are the ninja stars and even the batbomb. So what was the batbomb for anyway? Why make it? The answer I have been able to come up with (I'm an 89 scholar lol) is that in the original Sam Hamm script, the ending is very different. They changed the script on the fly while they were filming to create a different last third of the movie, the original film would've featured a duel to the death between batman and joker but with a different hook: Batman has a suicide bomb in the cathedral where he and the joker are fighting and manages to evade the explosion at the end, by throwing it at one of the Joker's choppers as the Joker has already fallen to his death. This absolutely must be the purpose of the bomb as it is described vividly in the script as the exact same item the hot toy comes with, and since the script was changed so hastily, I'm sure the prop department had it built long before the changes took place. As for the ninja stars, here's the excerpt from the script where it would've been used at Axis chemicals to free commissioner gordon, they're also used many more times during the script.

The moment's distraction is all BATMAN needs. He hurls a
NINJA WHEEL -- a small, ratcheted, razor-sharp disc -- at
the FOREARM of HOOD V. One jerk of a thin filament WIRE --
a sudden SHRIEK -- and GORDON IS FREE.

Excelsior bat fans! lol :lecture

Last edited:
Back