Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One leg on mine is also a bit longer that the other as well, but not as bad as that. You can see it because the gap between the knee & the top of the boot is bigger on one leg than the other.

I thought it'd be to take a trip down memory lane with my fellow '89 fans who grew up on the movie.

I was 6 when this movie came out, but as soon as the movie was out on home video, my parents got it for me, after screening it for content. I grew up on reruns of the Adam West show and an old Batman cartoon, so I was excited for the movie. Being young, I missed out on noticing the hype, but I had books, posters, and of course, toys.

Even though I was really young, I wanted a figure that looked just like Keaton in the costume, it bothered me how the toy capes would attach over the cowl, hiding the design and of course, not looing right. Despite being innaccurrate, I did have 2 favorite '89 Batman figures that I loved to play with.

It took over 20 years, but I finally got the figure I wanted as a little boy, and finally having this thing in hand makes me feel like a kid again. While the Sovereign custom figure served the need for a time, it was nowhere near to this level, there is nothing off to me about the Hot Toys figure, it is satisfying on every level and couldn't be topped.

021612_1.jpg

021612_2.jpg

021612_3.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that Batman figure at the bottom in my life. That isn't the Toy Biz 12" one, so what the hell is it?

Applause had the license, they did a number of Batman '89 stuffed figures with vinyl head, though none looking like Keaton but for being all black.

There was the one I just posted, it's 8", there was a 10" window cling one with a really strange head that I have too, and there was a 10" free standing one.

This is the 10" standing one, the head is basically the same on the window cling version, just his hands are up over his head.

Batman8inch.jpg

Wow...look at the progress in quality that toys/collectibles have gone through over the years! Simply astounding!

Applause had the license, they did a number of Batman '89 stuffed figures with vinyl head, though none looking like Keaton but for being all black.

There was the one I just posted, it's 8", there was a 10" window cling one with a really strange head that I have too, and there was a 10" free standing one.

This is the 10" standing one, the head is basically the same on the window cling version, just his hands are up over his head.

Batman8inch.jpg

Ah, I recognize that one and am familiar with the merchandise Applause put out (they had that solid, large sized figure for '89 as well as Batman, Catwoman and Penguin for Returns) but I've never seen the headsculpt on the one you have.

Is that from your childhood?

Is that from your childhood?

Sadly no, around the time of Batman and Robin, I sort of lost interest in Batman for awhile and as I got older, I didn't hold onto those figures, when this HT line was announced, I got excited and went on eBay to get the Applause dolls and the Toybiz figure, I also bought the Ertl Batmobile and Batwing I had as a kid, rebuilt my childhood.

You can find the one I have and posted on eBay pretty easily, this window cling one, not so easily.

021612_4.jpg

It drove me nuts as a kid that Ertl put the logo on the vehicles, again, I wanted it to look like the movie and it looked silly to me.

021612_5.jpg

I don't know if my parents held onto, but when i was in scouts, my dad helped me make my derby car look like the '89 Batmobile, as best as you could out of blocks of wood.

First 1989 Batman "figure" I had....

hangj.jpg

These were my first Batman figures of any kind, though based on comics, I viewed them like Adam West show figures because of the colors. I didn't have this Batman though.

100_4635.jpg

This was the Batman I had, odd pose.

88batmanpvcsalute.jpg

I remember those too... especially the Joker with his hands on his head, the free-standing version of the suction cup one.

There was a great black and yellow Batman free-standing that I had that went with that Joker but was more 1989 but I can't see to google a pic.

I don't know if my parents held onto, but when i was in scouts, my dad helped me make my derby car look like the '89 Batmobile, as best as you could out of blocks of wood.

:lol

Oh man, I did the SAME thing when I was in scouts. One year I made the '89 Batmobile and then another, a purple and green "Joker car". I'm pretty sure the Batmobile is at home somewhere in a box. I might have to dig that sucker out.

As far as collectibles/toys go, I just had/have Kenner. The 1990 Dark Knight collection mostly.

Like you, those little logos bothered the heck out of me. I'm glad Kenner made it optional considering you had to apply them yourself. I never put them on the Batwing. I remember trying to scrape the logo off the ERTL diecast model as a kid and didn't expect to see a bunch of gray.

Back