Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definately no custom cape needed.

*Psst...Lance, you have the material yet to show us, can't wait to see what it looks like.*

Yeah, definately custom cape not required.

haha Yeah I have the yard of material I bought yesterday and it looks great. I will take pics with the original cape and then with the custom cape once I have the figure in. After seeing the new pics I don't think there will be a need for a custom cape. It is a textured material much like the material on the hot toys version but it is much thinner and heavy if that makes any sense so that it would hang more naturally. I am in no way trying to convince people of a cape because honestly hot toys hit it out of the park. I am just stating I will be trying one with the material I bought. If it does not work out than hot toys already has done a great job with their own.

haha Yeah I have the yard of material I bought yesterday and it looks great. I will take pics with the original cape and then with the custom cape once I have the figure in. After seeing the new pics I don't think there will be a need for a custom cape. It is a textured material much like the material on the hot toys version but it is much thinner and heavy if that makes any sense so that it would hang more naturally. I am in no way trying to convince people of a cape because honestly hot toys hit it out of the park. I am just stating I will be trying one with the material I bought. If it does not work out than hot toys already has done a great job with their own.

Options never hurt, Rory has shown how nice the HT cape can look and it looks pretty damn good, hard to imagine how you could do this cape better, but I'd you pull it off, I'm sure folks will have interest, I want the best looking 89 Batman I can put together.

Like Maul said, options are good. :lecture

Looking forward to seeing it.

It's actually about time HT got the cape right anyways :thwak

But as much as I love the stock cape, I wouldn't mind seeing a custom that does only one thing, but that one thing is done 99% perfect, which is to hang heavy over his shoulders tight and flat to his body all the way down to the ground.

I see what your saying about thin yet heavy, makes sense.

But for now, the stock cape does kick serious ass!

Congrats HT! :clap

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional shots PJW and Rory, they all look great.

So, is the rubber better or not? Michael Crawford, OMG and a few other people that received it earlier this week said it was good stuff. I mean, even in photos it doesn't really look "rubbery". Is it tacky and thin or is it firm and dry? I saw some poses with some extreme ab crunches and the armor chest plate, especially near th abs didn't seem to bunch up like say, the OC Begins Batman.

Is that the case here?

Well, I have the DX02, The OC Bats and the new OC EX Bats. So I'm only comparing the suit to what I have experienced. It feels and looks like rubber to me. Very thin rubber in fact, it's not vinyl because it stretches. As far as Im concerned it's rubber. But it's not tacky like the OC EX. Nor is it matte like the original Bats. It's got a bit of a sheen to it.

As I mentioned earlier, there was a slight sheen/oil underneath the cowl when I unboxed it. Where the plastic cowl covers the rubber suit. This could simply be part of the boxing production. I hope. And of course the black tissue underneath the belt, causes a tiny bit of concern to anyone who remembers the DX02 tragedy. But I wouldn't panic about it!

Right now I don't care this is the best 1/6th figure I think I have ever seen, and wait till you guys see it inhand, it's more impressive than any pic i've seen.

:yess:

5ad86f04-6398-c739.jpg

Really liking the cape back option.

5ad86f04-63fa-decf.jpg

I'm starting to cave now. Those are great pics.

Is it too late to order this on ebay and get it here next week? Is that new year thing gonna mess up shipping?

I knew I should've stayed out a this thread til mine got here.

I'm guessing it's probably similar to the new muscle body rubber which is soft enough for posing but doesn't feel like you typically think rubber feels like, where the older Bat figures very much felt like rubber.

Well, I have the DX02, The OC Bats and the new OC EX Bats. So I'm only comparing the suit to what I have experienced. It feels and looks like rubber to me. Very thin rubber in fact, it's not vinyl because it stretches. As far as Im concerned it's rubber. But it's not tacky like the OC EX. Nor is it matte like the original Bats. It's got a bit of a sheen to it.

As I mentioned earlier, there was a slight sheen/oil underneath the cowl when I unboxed it. Where the plastic cowl covers the rubber suit. This could simply be part of the boxing production. I hope. And of course the black tissue underneath the belt, causes a tiny bit of concern to anyone who remembers the DX02 tragedy. But I wouldn't panic about it!

Right now I don't care this is the best 1/6th figure I think I have ever seen, and wait till you guys see it inhand, it's more impressive than any pic i've seen.

:yess:

Thanks for the reply.

What about the abs/chest plate, are those at least solid, not squishy? The muscle armor plate looks just like the film and I really haven't seen a single pic where it "bunches up" and folds like the TDK and Begins suit.

I love that HT have put wiring in the cape, it just brings the figure alive & gives you so many more options in posing him. I can't wait for mine to come :)

Hot Toys Version still better than Autobotjohn's LOLZ

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qanGl2rN4Q&feature=plcp&context=C3399a35UDOEgsToPDskLZ_pkg6RhvKPmNn9VShXaS[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8wnNzwJE-k&feature=plcp&context=C38cd4aeUDOEgsToPDskJnNDGYEZcALDiKrsceSS_j[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpeOUpBh8g&feature=plcp&context=C3ae3733UDOEgsToPDskJnC1RpSsVoA66EP73XcVrF[/ame]

Back