Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to cry, I had to cancel this figure and the joker from SS, due to current financial reasons. Hopefully in a few months I can get it from an Australian site.

So I must ask the die hard 1/6 Batman collectors, you know who you are:

Are you happy with the cape so far or are you waiting to have it in hand before giving it a passing grade?

Anyone can answer really, even noobs, :lol

What, I value all opinions.

In Hand...

"...and where, and where is the Batman?"

Just arrived..
photocopy2-1.jpg

photocopy-3.jpg

Just got mine too and it's amazing. Better in hand than in pics.

A few things;

Some were annoyed that the Batmobile advert was plastered on the side of the box. Good news, it's a separate piece of card so it can be removed.

The cape. Very light, very puffy, but it is wired so it is infinitely fuztable. The only downside is, unless you take some pliers to the corners of the cape, you're not going to get those sharp edges.

The bodysuit does feel rubber to me, certainly a different rubber to the TDK suit, so it could be vinyl, but it still feels rubbery. The texture doesn't seem as extreme in hand either. Which by the way is very inaccurate, the 89 cowl was textured, not the body armour (I know, I have some original pieces of the suit in my collection).

The Belt. Bang on for colour since the 89 belt was yellow, not gold. However, the 89 belt was made from a tough black rubber and then painted yellow, this gave it an extra depth of colour, which made it seem more than just a bright yellow. Hot Toys seem to have replicated this too.

Yes, forget about the reports about the body suit being vinyl. It is rubber. Not sure if Michael Crawford was smoking something when he did his review or was being kind cause he got a freebie ( only joking Michael ) but it is rubber, very light rubber in fact. But it has been sealed in a way that makes it more gloss to touch, no worry about dust.

And yes, the Batmobile poster isn't in the box, just an attachment. The head is absolutely stunning. I don't think you could take a bad photo of it. Complete win so far HT!

I'm not gonna post any pics until I have the whole thing set up, as you have seen so
many pics of this set by now, everything looks the same!

Last edited:
5ad86f04-45c4-4580.jpg

Cape back can be done

By the way, no Nike swish on the boots.

great figure, bro..congrats :clap
anyway, one small request...back of the head, please? :pray:
i just want to know how noticeable the panel if the picture taken by usual lighting like yours

many thanks :hi5:

What does he smell like, Rory???

Expensive batty rubber..
A rich bouquet of paint and paper, with slight undertones of fake pleather.
:lol

Seriously though, when you pop the head/shoulder off to put the cape on there was a very VERY slight wet/oil residue underneath, I hope this is just a packaging thing. Obviously we are all a little paranoid after the Comedian/DX02 plastic meets rubber problem, also to note is the fact that HT have black paper separating the plastic belt from the rubber torso.

It's a beautiful figure. Don't want to panic anyone, just something I noticed..

5ad86f04-4989-41ee.jpg

Not too bad. More annoying is the top of the seam is visible from the front.

5ad86f04-49f3-6c88.jpg

Minor complaint though compared to the overall quality of the figure

Back