Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why they couldn't have the PERS accessible through the mouthpiece. Have the layer with the magnet removable with a utensil, (maybe have a little plastic tab that inserts into a slot in the HS, with a slot at the top for the utensil to slide in and pry it open (like the battery covers on remotes) Then have the utensil go into the opening and control the PERS.

Or have a small pin sized hole where the pupil is that you could move individually with a plastic tool rod.

That's how I thought PERS worked with the DX01 Joker originally. That was kind of sneaky of them to completely avoid how to access the PERS in the promoting and marketing for this figure. They never showed how it worked, not once.

I know just a few weeks before DX01 and DX02 shipped they had those videos that showcased how it worked. It was late, but atleast they showed how it functioned.

Man you guys are so last decade.

Wireless PERS with a remote.

I would made his eyes go round and round :google

That's not even that crazy of an idea but that would just mean more things to go wrong. Not only would you have to worry about the lever or system breaking, you'd have the remote to worry about as well.

Not a fan of PERS. I would have gladly paid the DX premium price if this didn't have the PERS system (which I assume is what makes a DX a DX) and instead they focused on the base and box.

I prefer neutral, painted eyes. I haven't even moved the eyes on my other DX figures since the day I received them. I set them where I wanted (which was basically neutral) and left em alone.

Still though, great figure. I just wish we could somehow give HT more input that they'd listen to. I'll never pose it with the back of his head showing, but aesthetically, it's just not pleasing.

Excited for this one.

What sucks is now I want the Batmobile too.

But there's no way I'm getting one of those unless I have a nice little windfall of some sort... :(

Now, since this release was so awesome and pretty much well recieved (apart from the PERS panel and the tacky stand/base).....
Please work on BATMAN RETURNS, hot toys.

I think based on the reception of Batman today alone that a Returns Batman is inevitable. I don't know about Catwoman and Penguin but after all the hype and excitement for this release and the complaining about a lack of Keaton Wayne head and "gold belt", I could see them trying to capitalize on a V2 (armored version) of this '89 figure which is just the Returns Batman. Then again, this is Hot Toys and nothing is certain or predictable with them.

New gadgets/weapons/accessories, Bruce Wayne head, all new suit. Some reuses as well.

Wouldn't get ahead of myself though. I'm happy with this and have waited a long time for it. If Batman Returns is possible, surely it's a long way off. Though, they did release this '89 Batman line in record time since it's announcement . . .

the more im looking at the the base the less i dislike it...should have looked like the movie poster, but in the end its just a base and easily modded if one so chooses.

Now, since this release was so awesome and pretty much well recieved (apart from the PERS panel and the tacky stand/base).....
Please work on BATMAN RETURNS, hot toys.

If they do it in the future, I really want this HS...

url

But first, I want this HT Batman 89 NOW :gah:

I hate how you can see the seam of where the piece of the cowl comes off to access the P.E.R.S.

:(

But oh well, the figure looks spectacular.

Notice when takes his mask off he doesn't have the black makeup on anymore.

That's the one thing that bothered me in that movie, a quick cut to Selina then bam, Bruce has clean eyes. That being said that's the only way they should do a Keaton sculpt, it was the only time we saw Batman without his cowl was it not?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

HT will have a helluva time sculpting that hair in that pic. :lecture

:rotfl:rotfl

I hate how you can see the seam of where the piece of the cowl comes off to access the P.E.R.S.

:(

I want to see it in hand because part of the lid line is flush with his horn line so they did try to hide it as best they could.

You Blairwitch posing boys sure crack me up :lol

That's the one thing that bothered me in that movie, a quick cut to Selina then bam, Bruce has clean eyes. That being said that's the only way they should do a Keaton sculpt, it was the only time we saw Batman without his cowl was it not?

I think it was the only time but not 100% sure.

2.0??? What changes could they introduce???

I can't see it.

Can we ever really see it at the time? No, least not until the next figure showcases a new feature that 'woulda' been cool on the previous figure!

I'm only joking anyway....sort of.

Last edited:
Back