Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all current DX figures share the same PERS chassis for the head?

I think that's where the problem is, it looks like the sculpts have to be compromised in order for them to fit that.

Other sculpts look better because the whole thing is sculpted and there are no compromises. Future DX figures should concentrate on the quality of the sculpt and the paint and NOT goofy gimmicks!

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly:

Are you seriously suggesting that the _____ing and moaning had anything to do with the result we have now? Nup. What we have now is a result of piss-poor sculpting. Blame Kim. Or blame HT for pumping out so many figs they can't keep a lid on their quality. But don't blame collectors who want to know that their hard-earned is being spent on a figure that matches the price and are prepared to be vocal about what they feel is a poor sculpt :dunno

I'm being facetious in that I spent too much time over in the Superman HT area moaning and groaning and not enough time here..which may have made a difference in them changing this sculpt..lol. Obviously no amount of this would have worked because there was plenty of people screaming over here the past many months and nothing was done. I think they added a thicker mascara around the eyes though lol..

More and more in hand pics out now. It shows that no matters what lens you use, this headsculpt is the total failure, it's rare failure from HT. I really regret po it. Hopefully can let go as soon as I get it.

Maybe HT didnt want to tell Arnie Kim his sculpt sucks because they
fear he might go crawling back to Enterbay.

More and more in hand pics out now. It shows that no matters what lens you use, this headsculpt is the total failure, it's rare failure from HT. I really regret po it. Hopefully can let go as soon as I get it.

Why not cancel?

IndianaJones.gif

Do all current DX figures share the same PERS chassis for the head?

I think that's where the problem is, it looks like the sculpts have to be compromised in order for them to fit that.

Other sculpts look better because the whole thing is sculpted and there are no compromises. Future DX figures should concentrate on the quality of the sculpt and the paint and NOT goofy gimmicks!

Pretty sure Reeve Supes was going to be a DX but Kim said the PERS was compromising the sculpt so they canned it for a regular MMS. If this is the case it makes one wonder why they didn't do the same here. I think DX Lee's eyes are pretty good, and that figure definitely needs PERS. But Indy? Where the hell does he need to look? I don't think that the sculpt expression is enhanced by changing the direction of his gaze.

Why not cancel?

IndianaJones.gif

Can't as preorder wf deposit with a local shop.
Many says Bruce lee dx04 lack of likeness, but the HS are beautiful sculpted and paintjob is nice, as this Indy it really ruins my mood. Sigh...

Last edited:
Pretty sure Reeve Supes was going to be a DX but Kim said the PERS was compromising the sculpt so they canned it for a regular MMS. If this is the case it makes one wonder why they didn't do the same here. I think DX Lee's eyes are pretty good, and that figure definitely needs PERS. But Indy? Where the hell does he need to look? I don't think that the sculpt expression is enhanced by changing the direction of his gaze.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

Wow, I'm a huge Indy fan, but I'm so glad I didn't pre-order this...

More pics!? Put 'em up!

If this is true, why did he not speak up when they asked him to do Indy? Maybe it's bad management by HT and not Arnie we should be blaming!?

Ha guess it goes to show that a figure is all about the head sculpt these days. Nobody is praising the cool outfit or accessories.

Can't as preorder wf deposit with a local shop.
Many says Bruce lee dx04 lack of likeness, but the HS are beautiful sculpted and paintjob is nice, as this Indy it really ruins my mood. Sigh...

That stinks. No wonder they waited so long before releasing any new pictures of this. Hot Toys new if they did, there would have been mass cancellations.

IMGP9924.JPG

Someone photoshop this hair on indy.

118049-ae4b7d46f20c391ef8e3392e9fe6619a-large.jpg

Looking at the video, I feel a bit better about this figure. All the stuff you get is really cool.

I honestly couldn't care less about moveable eyes and i think it doesn't help with the look of the figure.

Need a few more pics I think. Still trying to stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back