Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing what Hot Toys can do with a 1.6th scaled leather jacket (the T2 T-800 work of art), I sincerely hope that they go back to the drawing board for the Indy one.

What is really hurting the Indy sculpt most of all is the PERS. Those eyes are killing any resemblance to Harrison Ford. Everytime I see the HT sculpt, I'm reminded of this painting:

It's Indy but not Harry Ford as Indy...

Hot-Toys-Indiana-Jones-p-4.jpg

OK, fair enough a lot of members feel these are old pics, but what is strange is that these were uploaded at the same time as all the other new pics of new products that I have shared in the respective threads, with the same lighting and saturations, etc.

Which leads me to believe these are new pics that I shared, however hopefully of just the old piece, prior to revisions IF it is getting any.

It's old mate
Check the date when I posted the picture

I skipped the Sideshow Raiders Indy and now I'm not sure whether to go for that one or this new Hot Toys version for $100 more. A question to the folks in the know: How great a difference do you see between the Sideshow and new Hot Toys versions? Personally I am not a fan of the creepy eyeball movement and am wondering if that is what I am paying for ...

I still have faith in Hot Toys and in this figure... I'm certainly not regretting having a pre-order:D

But how much better is the HT than the Sideshow? How do they compare?

But how much better is the HT than the Sideshow? How do they compare?

Seeing as no one has the HT Indy in hand, it's really hard to make an honest comparison. Pictures are all we have to go by so far:

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

Box fresh the SSC Indy leaves a lot to be desired. However, there are enough of the right elements there for a very nice custom figure. It depends on your skills and what you can afford as to what you get out of a custom Indy, but, many of the ones I've seen on here leave the HT one standing.

CHEERS!

I'm not much of a customizer so I wouldn't buy one just to give it a new paint job. I'll probably wait for the Hot Toys. They're just so pricey, especially compared to Sideshow. But they do look a hell of a lot better, even if the sculpt is not spot on. I had a HT Superman that had an excellent headsculpt but looked nothing like Brandon Routh. I also had some Sideshow Lord of the Rings figs and the best sculpt of that entire line was Faramir, while the main characters looked pretty bad. The HT Perseus from Clash of the Titans is pretty awesome and also looks spot on.
Even though the HT Indiana Jones may not look exactly like Harrison Ford, he's still a fine looking fig. Just the way the body stands compared to the rest, the figure is a cut above the others. I'll probably wait for the HT. (Maybe it's supposed to be Tom Selleck? Was Tom planning on sporting the mustache in 'Raiders'?)

I'm not much of a customizer so I wouldn't buy one just to give it a new paint job. I'll probably wait for the Hot Toys. They're just so pricey, especially compared to Sideshow. But they do look a hell of a lot better, even if the sculpt is not spot on. I had a HT Superman that had an excellent headsculpt but looked nothing like Brandon Routh. I also had some Sideshow Lord of the Rings figs and the best sculpt of that entire line was Faramir, while the main characters looked pretty bad. The HT Perseus from Clash of the Titans is pretty awesome and also looks spot on.
Even though the HT Indiana Jones may not look exactly like Harrison Ford, he's still a fine looking fig. Just the way the body stands compared to the rest, the figure is a cut above the others. I'll probably wait for the HT. (Maybe it's supposed to be Tom Selleck? Was Tom planning on sporting the mustache in 'Raiders'?)

For the money you'd spend on the HT one you could kit out an SSC one and afford to commission a repaint of the sculpt. There are some great artists on here that would be only too happy to do it for you.

The thing with Superman and LOTR is that you could capture the essence of the characters without needing to be totally movie accurate. In terms of Indy, Harrison Ford is synonymous with that role, if a figure doesn't look like him then it's not Indy.

CHEERS!

You got a point there Rogerbee. But I see so many people swapping out the body on the Sideshow, and it's something I'd probably want to do at some point if the joints really are all loose as many reviews say.
I haven't been on the boards in a while. I'll have to research, see who's offering nice repaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back