Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Arnie's custom Indy's miss the mark on many levels in my opinion and the same "flaws" have been carried over into the official Hot Toys offering.
Fedora should be narrower and more styled to match the VERY distinctive Raiders Fedora. Colour is completely wrong too.
Lower face should be longer. Ford has got a "long oval" shaped face which is why the costume designer chose the tall Fedora crown for Raiders because it suited his face shape the best.
Eyebrows should not be so tall and they should be lighter.
Here's a quick manip I did with all of those points adjusted. Sure, it's still not perfect, but it looks better (to my eyes anyway).

Hot-Toys-Indy-Manip1.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
The one hot toys has made is better than any photoshop customs. Be grateful for this fantastic collectible. I'll buy 3.

I thought this guy was being sarcastic. I don't need a figure of my dad in the 90's dressed up as Indiana Jones.

That looks really good. The more I see these PS adjustments the more I believe HT can/will make the necessary changes, meaning that I'm entertaining the idea of ordering one.

Hmmm. Arnie's custom Indy's miss the mark on many levels in my opinion and the same "flaws" have been carried over into the official Hot Toys offering.
Fedora should be narrower and more styled to match the VERY distinctive Raiders Fedora. Colour is completely wrong too.
Lower face should be longer. Ford has got a "long oval" shaped face which is why the costume designer chose the tall Fedora crown for Raiders because it suited his face shape the best.
Eyebrows should not be so tall and they should be lighter.
Here's a quick manip I did with all of those points adjusted. Sure, it's still not perfect, but it looks better (to my eyes anyway).

Hot-Toys-Indy-Manip1.jpg

Chris

wow that is pretty good.

I don't think the sculpt is that far off and what you said sums it up for me.

More than anything else I think its the head shape.
They are using quite a square head shape where as Ford is a 'long oval'.

They are using quite a square head shape where as Ford is a 'long oval'.

I wish as many people who've recognised this point about the Indy sculpt would have done likewise on Yulli's Schwarzenegger sculpts. All her Arnies are too square-headed. Granted everything else about those figures had far less wrong than Indy here. But still, with longer faces Dutch and the T-800s would be absolutely unquestionably definitive.

I am no Indy expert however, the hat is the least of this guys problem. I'll wait for the production piece and if it still doesn't do it then I'll pass. Not dropping $250 for something I just don't "feel".....

Love what you did there Chris! Hot Toys should definitely take note.

All it looks like they really gotta do is make the face less scrunched and fix the hat color and shape so it fits naturally on the head.

Guys, I think the only thing can help to Arnie Kim is a Raiders portrait of Ford :rotfl Nothing else

5382245545_fe82e76de6_b.jpg

Well yes - you make a good point there! :rotfl
However, I'm sure they've used reference pics to get to this stage but they don't seem to have nailed it yet. I was trying to show some of the things that need to be tweaked on their current sculpt before the face shape and hat details appear more "Raiders".

Guys, I think the only thing can help to Arnie Kim is a Raiders portrait of Ford :rotfl Nothing else

That is some great stuff. Love the hat.

I hope you don't mind but I tinkered with the lines on either side of the nose and pronounced his jaw more,

Hot-Toys-Indy-Manip1copy.jpg

So basically, so far the headsculpt needs to be elongated instead of being so squat and also a little bigger to look in proportion to the body. The lines on either side of the nose needs to be more subtle. The hat looks better when it's lowered. It should be brown and longer like cking's manip.

And he needs a gold belt instead of silver.

indyhottoys.jpg

HTIndymanipfinal.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back