Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for that head, I think this was a quick cast taken off the prototype so SSC had a figure to use for the Map Room promos. They probably took the original out of Toy Hunter's window in order to make one for SSC.

CHEERS!

Hey, is that a tweaked sculpt on the Map Room Indy ?

Sure looks like it!

indylulz2.jpg

:monkey5

Dammit, these made me almost choke on my soda.

Just emailed toys2 to see if I can cancel this.

This is not worth $276 shipped.

I'll probably lose 10-15% but that's still better than paying the full amount.

Way to ____ up one of the most important figures ever Hot Toys!

Just heard they were making an Indiana Jones figure so I'm really late to the party. What's the general take on it so far? Seems people are upset, but why?

Some feel the facial sculpt and quality of the clothing isn't quite up to snuff.

This show is asssss so far.... only guy who had a good time is that "scalper" guy who walked off with a truckload of Pred figs.

No Indy reveal makes me so angry. :(

I'm a new collector so I'm still a bit confused. Are all the pictured we have seen final versions? Or are these all still prototypes that will be modified?

I'm a new collector so I'm still a bit confused. Are all the pictured we have seen final versions? Or are these all still prototypes that will be modified?

Many people, myself included, refuse to believe that HT won't revise this sculpt at all.

Many others have lost hope that it will be revised because the version shown at SDCC wasn't an updated one, and they thought this was the last chance for HT to reveal an updated one.

Then when no new sculpt was shown at ani-com, that sealed the deal for most and some people have been cancelling their POs.

So yeah, the pictures you see could very well be what ends up being released. But there are some precedents for new sculpts not being shown until release, which is why I remain optimistic and why I'm keeping my PO.

(Of course there are those who are happy with the sculpt as is, but there aren't too many of them :))

...regardless of all the musing over the sculpt, I don't think anyone really expects that the issues with the tailoring will be fixed.

I'm sure they will tweak it as well.

They perfected Blade before shipping and didn't release any updated pics.

Thanks guys for the quick info/feedback. Filled me with enough confidence to put in my own preorder. :) If they did last minute updates to other figures, I'm sure they'll do the same for a DX figure, as DX figures are supposed to be cream of the crop, right? I'd also love to get that map room diorama, but man is it pricey. I'll probably have to pass it up and save the money for the upcoming DX Joker 2.0.

I am keeping my pre order on this one. I have a feeling it will become the highlight 1/6 figure of my collection. I refuse to lose faith in a company that has not let me down yet. Take your time HT and get this right!

I was actually wondering what all the fuss was about as I had only seen the Crystal Skull movie. My friend and I watched the Raiders of the Lost Ark this morning... and I was like "ooooh, so that's why people love Indiana Jones". :D

I was actually wondering what all the fuss was about as I had only seen the Crystal Skull movie. My friend and I watched the Raiders of the Lost Ark this morning... and I was like "ooooh, so that's why people love Indiana Jones". :D

Last crusade was always my fav of the series. But I love the look of Indy in the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back