Hot Toys DX01 The Joker (with cop disguise) full review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
detail4-3.jpg

Love this pic!

Great review and as with others I agree that the top of Cop joker's lips are meant to be that way and I think Yulli did a phenomenal job of capturing that split second facial expression.

Also, I disagree on the PERs eyes - I massively prefer the look of the PERs eyes to JC Hong's painted eyes! Simply because they look a lot lot more lifelike and the closer you look at it the better it looks!

Quick question wookster: How come your base looks different? Yours seems to have a sticker or something for the name plate..

review_gstdxjoker_27.jpg

And the others I've seen seem to have a metal/reflective plate!?

IMG_2074.jpg

wookster said:
It sometimes seems that people have discussed this garment more than the meaning of life itself, and have got apoplectic when others disagree with how it should be!

Should it have two tails, three tails, four tails… should the lining be red, rust, orange, should it be bigger, smaller, bluer, purpler, longer, shorter, thicker, thinner, cleaner or dirtier!!!

:lol:lol:lol

wookster said:
The front also has an engraved metallic plaque, it has a sticky tape cover to protect it from scratches, but once this is removed its mirror glossy. The support clips into the back edge and is of the ‘crotch hammock’ variety, but you’ll get both figures to stand just fine on the base without it

Ok that answers my question. Guess I should've read your review first. :duh

Wookster,may I ask where you got the evidence bag?
It was sent to me by HT, a few other reviewers and other bloggers got them as well. It seems there are someting between 10 and 20 in existence.

Quick question wookster: How come your base looks different? Yours seems to have a sticker or something for the name plate..

review_gstdxjoker_27.jpg

You already answered it, but I tried to find an angle that would show the engraving off the best.

great review as always, but I must say, in the comparison pics, I think the BRJ head is just a lot better than this new one, and it is in the eyes. the PERS is a great feature, but, its obviously not perfected yet

Awesome review. I've actually going to that site for reviews for a very long time. Never disappoints.

Is there a reason why there is no shots of the back of the head? I have a hunch its a very ugly seam where his hair comes off.

the eye rolling system looks good to me but i dont like his head to much. the BR one had a better likeness i think

actually,they said that you probably couldn't find a seam if you didn't already know where it was.It's snugly hidden in the hair.

Nice review mate. I agree i still like BR head more than this one, and it IS in the eyes. They seem too wide and big eyed. Esp since Heath put on that whole squint/fainted out/half closed/crazy eye man thing throughout the film, and naturally had medium to small eyes, i feel the Pers eyes are just WAY too big and not shaped properly. There's something that is just off with it. It looks mad, but it doesn't look like Heath

Is there a reason why there is no shots of the back of the head? I have a hunch its a very ugly seam where his hair comes off.

the eye rolling system looks good to me but i dont like his head to much. the BR one had a better likeness i think

It's horses for courses, but so far (I think, but don't quote me on this) that everyone I know who has compared them in hand prefers the new one, the expression is just pure Joker!
And the back of the head seam is actually very good, as batfan08 quoted. When you know it's there you see it, but at a glance it virtually disappears.

backhead1.jpg

backhead2.jpg

backhead3.jpg

backhead4.jpg

Nice review mate. I agree i still like BR head more than this one, and it IS in the eyes. They seem too wide and big eyed. Esp since Heath put on that whole squint/fainted out/half closed/crazy eye man thing throughout the film, and naturally had medium to small eyes, i feel the Pers eyes are just WAY too big and not shaped properly. There's something that is just off with it. It looks mad, but it doesn't look like Heath

BR head is a great piece of work, but I do prefer the DX by quite a big degree. And I love the PERS eyes; they look spooky real when in hand. The super blown up photos tend to show things you just don't notice with the naked eye.
All I was saying is that when it comes to painted eyes JC Hong has set an incredibly high standard that other companies have to live up to... including HT themselves. The PERS has definitely lived up to the challenge, but it's a different aesthetic, that’s all.

Back