Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to fight over who'll end up with a better figure and who makes the better figure.

We already got the Sideshow Indy which had it's plusses, now we're getting the HT Indy which has it's plusses. We have lots of custom parts out there.

The bottom line is, I think between Sideshow, customs and Hot Toys, all the parts are floating around for everyone to make themselves a Raiders Indy figure for their collection that is everything they could want it to be.

:rock :rock:goodpost::exactly:

Yea I am a big Indy fan, and while pretty much every part of this figure looks to beat Sideshows hands down, the head sculpt is a problem. I was expecting more from HT. I know the heavily doctored official release photos haven't come out yet, but this does not look like HF. it looks like HF likeness was attempted, but thats about it.

My 2 cents - he could be improved in the likeness and clothes weathering but this is as good as bought, I have no Indy and I want one. I wonder what extras we'll need to complete that second figure.

If the likeness stays as is then the gulf between HT and SS certainly won't be as big as I thought it would be.

Like most threads this will turn into some kind of weird internet tough-guy contest where everyone accuses everyone of having a hidden agenda for their opinions. And then the photoshop "helpers" will invade.

That's why I just take a peak and peace out!:peace :wave

The photoshops. The horror! The horror!

Looking at it again I noticed that the belt has a leather keeper instead of a metal one.. so his belt is more accurate for LC.. possibly TOD if it is long enough... I will never understand how companies land such an awesome license but fail to pay attention to details... you'd think there would be at least one serious Indy nerd over there that would QC these things before they go into production... in the end we do have more fodder for building up a very fine Indy figure... but right out of the box nobody has gotten it right... which to me, is part of the fun with this hobby.. I like building my figures to make them just right.. makes it a personal project...

My 2 cents - he could be improved in the likeness and clothes weathering but this is as good as bought, I have no Indy and I want one. I wonder what extras we'll need to complete that second figure.

Judging from the full display pic, it looks like you'll need a second body, head and full outfit minus the jacket (you could also get away with not having the gun belt and stuff under there). I would hate to see what the head and boots are going to go for on the secondary market. :thud:

Ultimately, there's usually something wrong with EVERY figure, be it inaccurracy or something not done as well as it could be. We might feel some figures we get are 100% right to us personally, but, with unbiased scrutiny, something can ALWAYS be found wrong.

Really a let down, to me. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice. But I don't give a crap about cardboard cheesy backgrounds, and those odd angular bases. And I think it's a big slap in the face to do another version of the pedestal when most of us who bought sideshows already got it to go wit him.

Then there is the headsculpt, which better get improved on..

And really? That's all they could come up with for accessories?

This was gonna be a sure buy for me.
Now, I'm seriously reconsidering. For the price it will fetch, I might just settle for my sideshow version.

I'll have to see more pics, but yeah, a bit of a let down for me.

Yeah thats like saying this:

I know its Reeve because its supposed to be Superman....FAIL !

s2waox.jpg

If its been made to look like Indy and it does then thats not good enough...in this case HT's Indy does look like Indy and down to the details...unlike the sideshow version which even though its been made to look like Indy, doesn't...maybe because of paints or sculpt...it doesnt matter...anyways people need to stop _____in and wait for the official photo's....am pissed because this happens most times without fail when a product is released by HT !

No fail man. Sorry.

HT details look really good as far as outfit and all that but the likeness right now are not what they need to be at all.

Actually the only thing that needs to stop is people coming in with your attitude.

Hot Toys
Dear Fans, one day to go for the public opening of our highly anticipated 10th Anniversary Exhibition at Tokyo!

We've just celebrated with the industrial leaders and friends at the private party!

As promised, the greatly expected MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, a project collaborated with Sideshow Collectibles, is first unveiled here!
Here're photos taken at the event for our fans! Hope you'd like them!

Let's share the joy with us & have a wonderful Christmas!

16614347489405234358690.jpg

16463347489410234358690.jpg

Ah-HA! Arab gear!

AND the idol pedestal? Didn't HT know we got that already?

Looks good...BUT.........

Holy crap, Metal Gear? Wowee! But the more I look at Indy the more I like it, does it blow away Trev's sculpt? No. But I am not digging the fedora so much, I was hoping for a Chris Taylor type of hat situation. Oh well. Also I wish his nose was a little crooked like the Trevor sculpt which is accurate to Ford's actual likeness. This may require two purchases. Also to the ****** ____ting on SS's Indy ON A SIDESHOW forum, you're sounding stupid. So stop. Merry Christmas to those that can be constructive and remember their wouldn't be a HT Indy without a SSC Indy! :lecture

If the likeness stays as is then the gulf between HT and SS certainly won't be as big as I thought it would be.

agreed! I initially never bought the SS version. Not b/c I didnt want it, but b/c I never really new it existed haha but once I found out and saw all the extra things needed to do to make it "right" it was something I wasn't looking forward to. So luckily HT saved the day fir me when they announced the DX :D from the pics it's looks great, yea too clean and not enough Ford YET but we know HT if not more than usual, goes back and tweaks the sculpt. But that's all I'm going to say. Now to wait and see what else they'll show :D

Don't mean to hurt your feelings but I know its Ford because its supposed to be Indiana Jones. That being said it looks like right now every generic Indy figure I've ever seen. SS figure paint apps may have not been great but it looks like a nice figure I love mine but it at least "actually" looks like Ford.

In my opinion, the Hot Toys version blows anything before it away, including every custom i have seen. Sideshow's has always been a bit underwhelming, including Trevor's sculpt. I have seen so many repaints of Trevor's head and not one looks as good in my eyes. The tailoring of Hot Toys outfit, the fabrics chosen all look fantastic. This is the Indiana Jones to get. Once again, I am glad Hot Toys was able to get this license and do it justice.

I'm, reallywilling to bet it's a lot closer to what you see below than anything else:

- Hatted head with the top magnatized to reveal PERS
- Alternate Hatless Head
- Sculpted spare Hat
- Indiana Jones Outfit (standard)
- head scarf and robe (Ark extraction disguise) (i find it unlikely we get any other outfit, not prof outfit and ESPECIALLY not German disguise)
- real whip
- lots of different hands
- gloved hands
- shovel
-crate
-snake (s)
- Base with Fertility idol

I also don't think you will see any figure other than Iindy. Perhaps TOD Indy would be another non-dx release

Hahaha look! I told you so! and I had only one felow agree with me.

I'm surprised how much I don't love it so far. I probably would have if i did not already have my custom... which I think has a better ovrall everything thanks to the guys who worked on him.

another shameless plug ;) :
indy1.png

In my opinion, the Hot Toys version blows anything before it away, including every custom i have seen. Sideshow's has always been a bit underwhelming, including Trevor's sculpt. I have seen so many repaints of Trevor's head and not one looks as good in my eyes. The tailoring of Hot Toys outfit, the fabrics chosen all look fantastic. This is the Indiana Jones to get. Once again, I am glad Hot Toys was able to get this license and do it justice.

Too each there own but in my opinion HT will never come anywhere close to the customs on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back