Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking a 3 in 1 Indy is what we will get. All of the different parts for his main looks in each of the original films.

Says its Raiders specific. Which is great. Leaves hope for more down the line.

I'll be curious to see how successful it is. Again, MANY just dropped hundreds getting their Indys up to par. With the Trevor sculpt a superior one (unless he does HT's also), repainted by Boot25, Commtech, etc., and all the Sovereign jackets, Fisher's belts and holsters and Newline boots, I'd really be surprised if they bite on a HT Indy which won't even really be able to compete. And if it doesn't sell well at the $250 mark (any less is :lol), and it isn't already just a planned one-off, you can pretty much guarantee it'll just be a flash in the pan and HT will move on to the next line without looking back.

I hear HT put together a team of Photoshop experts so they can use the absolute latest in red line and arrow technology to avoid another embarrassing disaster of inaccuracy like every figure they've ever released. :yess:
Can't wait for pics.

Hot Toys def has big shoes to fill when it comes to the sculpt. Trev is the Indy master. Unfortunately i heard he didnt have a hand in the process of the HT Indy. :slap

Hot Toys def has big shoes to fill when it comes to the sculpt. Trev is the Indy master. Unfortunately i heard he didnt have a hand in the process of the HT Indy. :slap

That'll possibly be the biggest disappointment.

Yup, the HT sculpt has a lot to live up to. If only Trev's work could have been given an HT quality paint.

The stubble paint should be awesome on this figure, and ultimately that's the detail that really hurt the Sideshow, no stubble at all would have looked better.

I just hope the hat comes out more uniform, the Sideshow brim really seemed mangled up in production, a bit lopsided and just wasn't as sharp as it could be.

I'm glad Sideshow and Hot Toys don't display the attitude towards competition between them the same way a number of their respective fans do... we'd miss out on half the awesome toys we get. This is business, not a sports rivalry.

(This is not to say that discussion of relative strenghts and merits of both companies' works are not vital, but really, neither company particularly sucks.)

If that is the case, I have little faith that HT can even deliver an accurate sculpt. Kim's pales in comparison to Trevor's, and charging $250 for a "Wolverine" sculpted Indy will condemn the line before it even starts. I suspect the HT fanboys will see nothing wrong with it, and the Indy diehards who add the DX to their collection (despite the $500+ customs they already own), will pop a repainted SSC head on him (the irony :lol), but most will pass.

OK, pie in the sky that we'll likely never get, but how cool would a Ark-opening ceremonial robes Belloq be; I imagine if HT were going to do a Belloq that is the outfit they'd go for. Add in an ark with electronics and a melting headsculpt....

Yup, the HT sculpt has a lot to live up to. If only Trev's work could have been given an HT quality paint.
:lecture

SDC12218.jpg

OK, pie in the sky
What kind of pie? A Little Debbie sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back