Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This image was sent to me by another board member recently and I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here. IMO, one of the best photos of Luke and Vader together that I've seen yet.

attachment.php

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...l-lightsabers-photos-figures-ccfl-sabers.html

That's a great photo! :clap

Yeah, I just went to re-glue mine, when the magnet inside the holster fell off as well. . . which is going to be a huge PITA to glue back inside. On top of that the backing has split away from the leather. To make matters worse, I bought an extra set when Hastings was blowing them out, but I sold off all the parts except the slim bodies and heads.. Kicking myself for selling those belts.
:slap
The little part that held the light saber hilt on the belt of my figure came off. Now I can't find the part or the hilt :(

Finally got my hands on a Luke :D
Strangely, on the clean version the head is a bit loose. It wobbles around. Just doesn't sit as firm and nice on the body as the battle damaged version.
I exchanged the heads and it seem the clean Luke head just is not as firm as the other. So you always see a little gap below the neck, when gravity pulls the head somewhere else.
Is there a method to keep a loose Hot Toys head "down"? :p

The little part that held the light saber hilt on the belt of my figure came off. Now I can't find the part or the hilt :(

My brand new Luke came with every magnet in every head loose, and one blaster strap magnet loose. Right after that the saber hook fell off the clean figure. I thought I'd never find it so I ordered a whole new belt from TA< which showed up with the strap magnet and saber hook loose in the bag.

Then I found the saber hook on the carpet (the one on my floor, not Chewbacca).

It's reusable adhesive putty, that most people use to hang up posters, without damaging the poster or the wall.

It's reusable adhesive putty, that most people use to hang up posters, without damaging the poster or the wall.

Is that a special characteristic of blu-tack? I have used similar puttys - not sure if it had the actual name blu-tack or not - and that left fatty/oily stains on the paper and walls.

Is that a special characteristic of blu-tack? I have used similar puttys - not sure if it had the actual name blu-tack or not - and that left fatty/oily stains on the paper and walls.

That's what I experienced in the past as well. It wasn't Blu-Tac though... but something that is advertised in the same way. Is Blu-Tac a brand? Here in Germany I only found Blu-Tack with a k.

Sorry about that it's Blu Tack with a K made by Bostik. Never noticed it to leave oily residue.

I've got a chance to pick up this set, new for £265. To me that's a lot if money for two figures. Do you guys think I should get it for that price?

I would like this set once I have the funds (this and Cody). I think the price is highish but roughly the going rate.

I've got a chance to pick up this set, new for £265. To me that's a lot if money for two figures. Do you guys think I should get it for that price?

If you can wait another 2 years, this fig will almost certainly have been re-released in a slightly different form. But hey... who wants to wait 2 years.:lol

Remember that this set is two COMPLETE HT figs plus a pretty nice dio w/lights so - given today's HT prices for a single fig - US$350 is the range it "should" be.

I just got a "perfect" one from a seller, I think I can improve on it by running it over with my car...

Question, are the pocket flaps on the figure supposed to be glued down at all? Or are the loose and just pop up a lot?

Back