Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen pics here with the weather vane actually ceiling mounted? Thinking of doing that.

Check my office thread or my photo stream on flickr for ceiling mounted weather vane. I'll be updating the background on it today and will hopefully post new pictures soon as well.

Here's the ceiling mount installed along with wiring that powers the LEDs on the weather vane:

And here you can see the new background image installed and the vane along with Luke clipped onto the mount:

What kind/size of screws are people using to mount this? I can't imagine anyone wanting to use the ones that HT sent with the figure. I doubt they even penetrate past drywall. :lol

What kind/size of screws are people using to mount this? I can't imagine anyone wanting to use the ones that HT sent with the figure. I doubt they even penetrate past drywall. :lol

I used some small wood screws to attach the mount to a 1/8" piece of masonite (aka hardboard, mdf) which I had laminated with the ceiling image, and then attached that to the ceiling with 4 longer screws going into 4 EZ Anchors (screw-in kind meant for walls) that I had already inserted into the ceiling.

Drill pilot holes in the masonite, line it up on the ceiling, mark the holes with a pencil, then you know where to screw-in the anchors.

The whole thing is relatively light and each of the anchors has great pull-out strength. There's no way this will ever come down with four of them in there.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

My set-up....just for viewing pleasure.

Very nice production - I thought about removing the base plate of the antenna to make it more movie-like.

If you have an extra non-sweaty hair piece you should use that on this Luke. Luke's hair was dry by the time he hit the antenna. ;)

eBay on a very lucky day, or here in the forum in the for sale section on an equally lucky day. Keep a vigilant eye on the for sale forum. Maybe try posting a WANTED in the appropriate section as well.

Back