Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh! I want my Reservation to be filled for the EX version. I hope it doesn't sell out before I get the reservation!!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. :wave I'll have another review up in a week or two. I'll keep posting little things and thoughts on the blog until then.

Bought a second clean Luke off of ebay to convert over to Jedi Luke and this one actually arrived first.

This is only the second figure ever to actually make me gasp when I first set it up- the other one being the first Joker DX. It is basically impossible to take a bad picture.

IMG_0287 by bilbo070, on Flickr

IMG_0250 by bilbo070, on Flickr

IMG_0257 by bilbo070, on Flickr

IMG_0283 by bilbo070, on Flickr

IMG_0266 by bilbo070, on Flickr

Dio used is Sideshow's old Reactor Station Alpha, which even though is not official Star Wars, it was clearly made for this purpose.

I just got Luke on the mail. but I just somehow aren't able to put the weathervane in the plastic stand. the metal black end seems to be to thick for the hole. can someone give me advice on this?

thanks!

I just got Luke on the mail. but I just somehow aren't able to put the weathervane in the plastic stand. the metal black end seems to be to thick for the hole. can someone give me advice on this?

thanks!

It is "normal",i had put some dish liquid on the weathervane,and arrange the plastic on the table.You need some power,but be careful!!!

It is "normal",i had put some dish liquid on the weathervane,and arrange the plastic on the table.You need some power,but be careful!!!

Thanks! its in. tight fit :goodpost:

Edit: I did had another question. I was wonder if it is wise to remove to boots. The pants way to baggy at the knees, and I want to tuck them in a little :)

Last edited:
Thanks! its in. tight fit :goodpost:

Edit: I did had another question. I was wonder if it is wise to remove to boots. The pants way to baggy at the knees, and I want to tuck them in a little :)

The boots are easy to take off and snap back in. Fear not this figure was made beautifully to customize, strip and futz with. :lecture

That's why you see so many customs and different outfits used on this set, it's that easy!

The boots are easy to take off and snap back in. Fear not this figure was made beautifully to customize, strip and futz with. :lecture

That's why you see so many customs and different outfits used on this set, it's that easy!

haha ok. yeah I am always a little scared when pullig joints. it has only been a year since i started collecting 1/6th so I dont have alot of experiance in this.
probally need to pull harder for the boots, and the forearm. :gah:

I am loving the figure so far. did had to reglue a leather pocket, and 1 magnet. but could be alot worse :lol

Totally remember those days. :panic: The guys on here were extraordinarily patient with my questions. Keep asking.

Any advice on the right forearm removal of the battle damaged luke?
I am pulling the arm as hard as I can, but no luck to getting it of yet.

I am loving the figure so far. did had to reglue a leather pocket, and 1 magnet. but could be alot worse :lol
Yeah, it seems that a lot of folks so far (me included), have had either hair piece magnets, holster strap magnets, lightsaber hilt belt hooks, or jacket pocket flaps come off with these Luke figures. :lol

As you say though, this set is excellent nonetheless. A truly value packed release with so much to be satisfied with & enjoy owning. :cool:

Any advice on the right forearm removal of the battle damaged luke?
I am pulling the arm as hard as I can, but no luck to getting it of yet.

Remove his jacket. Bend Luke's top elbow so his arm is in an "L" shape. Then hold the bicep with your right hand, and pull Luke's forearm with your left hand. It's a tough pull but that's how I switched his arm

1/6th is so much better now, and I don't mean just the sculpts. I STILL hate those days of switching out plastic boots off Dragon and Sideshow figs. Or switching their heads by heating everything first. Ridiculous.

I love these newer molded-shoe-feet. Just pop them into the leg. Done.
Whoever utilized that for mass production is a genius

Remove his jacket. Bend Luke's top elbow so his arm is in an "L" shape. Then hold the bicep with your right hand, and pull Luke's forearm with your left hand. It's a tough pull but that's how I switched his arm

I tried that. I was thinking of dipping it in hot water for a few seconds and see if it makes it more easy. it is just that I pull so hard my hand cramps. have been trying to get that arm of for the last 2 hours:dunno

Guys, not sure where to post this info, so I am doing it here:

Keep away from seller smail-shopping on eBay. He's based in Guangzhou, China and is a devious little man. Even though his feedback is private, you can still see that he has had 28 negatives in the past month.

This mongrel has rorted me out of $200.00 on an Exclusive 12" Bespin Luke Two-Pack.

Instead of receiving the Luke twin-pack, this cretin sent me a pair of men's socks in the mail - what a guy!

Since starting a claim with Paypal, the seller is now offering me a partial refund of $40.00 and is asking for his item to be returned!

He's offered no return address and oddly enough, the jiffy bag had no return address either.

Can you believe the Kahunas on this guy?

I know I should have done my research on this seller, what a fool I've been.
I was just so amped about Luke, that all sense of logic went out the window.

haha ok. yeah I am always a little scared when pullig joints. it has only been a year since i started collecting 1/6th so I dont have alot of experiance in this.
probally need to pull harder for the boots, and the forearm. :gah:

I see :lol what works best for me in this particular case is hold the knee cap and thigh joint firmly while this is happening just try to twist the boot off rotating it left and right (not up and down) until it gradually pops off, now granted it is a ball joint to the boot so you have to use some subtle muscle. You can always try a hair dryer, but it's unnecessary in this case.
:lecture

If you feel around the boot you can tell where the ball joint is, so grasping that area and twisting it (with caution as always) is one way to pop out the boot.

Guys, not sure where to post this info, so I am doing it here:

Keep away from seller smail-shopping on eBay. He's based in Guangzhou, China and is a devious little man. Even though his feedback is private, you can still see that he has had 28 negatives in the past month.

This mongrel has rorted me out of $200.00 on an Exclusive 12" Bespin Luke Two-Pack.

Instead of receiving the Luke twin-pack, this cretin sent me a pair of men's socks in the mail - what a guy!

Since starting a claim with Paypal, the seller is now offering me a partial refund of $40.00 and is asking for his item to be returned!

He's offered no return address and oddly enough, the jiffy bag had no return address either.

Can you believe the Kahunas on this guy?

I know I should have done my research on this seller, what a fool I've been.
I was just so amped about Luke, that all sense of logic went out the window.

I also was had by a disneeds he sells comic books, Disney items and Hot toys. At least you got a set of socks I got nothing and he is from Florida. Been over 44 days it was a preorder scam, so Ebay is investigating it but I think I am screwed. I feel you man not only am I not getting the ex they are holdout of the regular ones.

sent from my R2 unit

What us collector's have to go through in order to buy these figures. Not only do we have to fork out insane amounts of money, but now we're at the mercy of these charlatans who circle us like vultures.

It's disgusting!

Last edited:
I tried that. I was thinking of dipping it in hot water for a few seconds and see if it makes it more easy. it is just that I pull so hard my hand cramps. have been trying to get that arm of for the last 2 hours:dunno

I used a hair dryer the problem with water heated is it doesn't stay set and you have to act fast before it cools, and that joint is stubborn. The hair dryer is the best because you can maintain the temperature.

It does take practice, but try using a hair dryer for a 10 to 12 seconds, and then try to twist the joint left and right in a continuous motion almost like you are trying to pull something out, don't yank it, because that can cause a break in the upper forearm.

Be patient, the hair dryer method will work, but you have to keep heating the arm joint as well as twisting it off at the same time.

Once you figure out the timing on how long it feels comfortable to loosen it, then it will be easier to take it off and put it back on. :lecture

Got to spend some more time with these guys today and take a few shots. Still haven't assembled the weather vane, that's next on my lists. Really, really love these figures!

IMG_1312_zps72e5f1fd.jpg

IMG_1317_zpsca3a5402.jpg

IMG_1318_zps9a838997.jpg

IMG_1321_zps40743f10.jpg

IMG_1322_zps8f7b2a98.jpg

IMG_1328_zps36078386.jpg

Back