Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaky..................

Luke4freaky.jpg

I didn't want this post to get lost...

Wor that looks amazing. I didn't know you had a Dr. Evil custom. LOL

Looks great Marf. Next time grow some balls and do it yourself.

JK :lol Seriously looking good.

:lol:exactly:

He did a bang up job, I was too chicksheet to send it over before Thanksgiving. Great work unnamed artist.

I was hesitant as well, especially because I sent it the day I got the figure! Definitely glad I did, though.

Marf: :slap My BD Luke has been shamed by your Rory-mized one. VERY nice!

Thanks Wor, so stoked on it!

looks like a beam saber bit from a gundam model to me.

Yeah that is correct, I got it from a beam saber attachment from one of my many 1/100 scale MG Gundam model kits.

I saw the hole in front of the blaster and I figured I wonder if I can stick something on it to simulate a laser blast, after experimenting with different attachments I found that the beam saber looked the best, because of the clear colored plastic.

I was pleasantly surprised that the end peg of the saber fit easily on the blaster hole with little to no effort at all. :)

Which is ironic, because in ESB, even though Luke had that particular blaster, not once did he ever fire it. So I figured oh well, I'll try it anyways. I liked the result.

Last edited:
Also, I mentioned the separated weathervane and I thought I should show you guys where the thing separates in case you have your Luke hanging from the ceiling on HT glue...

LukeDX07OPENED12-3-12separated.jpg

It came in the box like this. Another member had this issue. It does not snap together, it's glued. Clearly the same glue used for the hairpiece magnets... and you know how those go.

Thanks for sharing the info! Will definitely come in handy.

Here's the Bespin weathervane background, hope this works. I tried to clean it up as much as I could. Enjoy!

Thanks for the pic!

Here's the Bespin weathervane background, hope this works. I tried to clean it up as much as I could. Enjoy!

Nice THANKS!!!
Another way to push me to finish my Star Wars display area :hi5:
Sometimes I think I am a lazy bump and need some deadlines and peer pressure to get me going :lol

Serious question and not trying to be funny, but the DX Luke seems to have long arms. On mine, his hands seem to go just below his crotch.......wheras most people barely hit the crotch area

Seriously wondering for a while now? Either I have little man arms or Luke is off? LOL.....

Last edited:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was even wondering if you should really have your own dedicated thread for these backdrop images. TBH it's easy and cost effective to get it printed and even framed and should be of interest to any of fellow collectors and having your work in a dedicated thread is deserving as much as any other custom if not even more so because of the above reason ;) I hope you will venture into other movies eventually (for selfish reasons :LOL eg TDK, IM, Avengers, Tron) :p

I will do background thread.
Doing other movies, hmmmm sounds good, I will look in to it.

I was even wondering if you should really have your own dedicated thread for these backdrop images. TBH it's easy and cost effective to get it printed and even framed and should be of interest to any of fellow collectors and having your work in a dedicated thread is deserving as much as any other custom if not even more so because of the above reason ;) I hope you will venture into other movies eventually (for selfish reasons :LOL eg TDK, IM, Avengers, Tron) :p

Serious question and not trying to be funny, but the DX Luke seems to have long arms. On mine, his hands seem to go just below his crotch.......wheras most people barely hit the crotch area

Seriously wondering for a while now? Either I have little man arms or Luke is off? LOL.....

Are you pushing the shoulders up all the way? If not he does have a bit of monkey arm.

Back