Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a member who will remain nameless (unless he wants to chime in and make himself known) agreed to weather my BD Luke clothes. I had planned on taking a stab at it, but his work was so damn perfect...Needless to say, when he agreed to do mine I was pretty damn stoked! :) He didn't charge me a thing, and even payed for return shipping. The guy is a champ in my book, very grateful.

Here are some pics of Luke, the way I've been wanting to display him since day 1. :rock

_MG_6353.jpg

_MG_6348.jpg

_MG_6360.jpg

_MG_6358.jpg

_MG_6355.jpg

_MG_6354.jpg

Awesome!!!

BTW which Yoda is that?

Nice. Very nice. He looks pissed.

Thanks, yeah it's amazing the range of looks you can get out of the BD sculpt depending on the angle of the sculpt/PERS. :exactly:

Thanks for posting shots Marf. I had a great time weathering it for you. You're very welcome.

Thanks again KD, you da man! :lol :pfft:

Yeah, nice custom weathering there - the facial expression seals it. :clap

:hi5:

Awesome!!!

BTW which Yoda is that?

Thanks, that's a medicom VCD Yoda that has been repainted and had hair added. :duff

the more i look at mine the more i realise how much detail and the amont off facial expressions that can be achieved,the more glad i am for getting him.just an awsome action figure best in my collection!

One thing that still amazed me is the "glistening" hair on Luke... how HT did the 'gold' or whatever they did to make it shine like a shampoo commercial. Really looks terrific...

Also, I mentioned the separated weathervane and I thought I should show you guys where the thing separates in case you have your Luke hanging from the ceiling on HT glue...

LukeDX07OPENED12-3-12separated.jpg

It came in the box like this. Another member had this issue. It does not snap together, it's glued. Clearly the same glue used for the hairpiece magnets... and you know how those go.

My lights seem to work fine (at least I assume so) so I'm not sure if I should bother to ask SS for a replacement.

Freaky..................

Luke4freaky.jpg

I didn't want this post to get lost...

Also, I mentioned the separated weathervane and I thought I should show you guys where the thing separates in case you have your Luke hanging from the ceiling on HT glue...

LukeDX07OPENED12-3-12separated.jpg

It came in the box like this. Another member had this issue. It does not snap together, it's glued. Clearly the same glue used for the hairpiece magnets... and you know how those go.

My lights seem to work fine (at least I assume so) so I'm not sure if I should bother to ask SS for a replacement.

Mine was also like that in the box.

I checked and couldn't even see any residue of glue.

The thing is though, that this section ought to have some form of clip, otherwise you'd never be able to change a dead bulb. I don't know what HT were thinking.

1. I really want this guy!
2. I hate you people who are making the ROTJ luke... that is I wish I had the skills to do said things to my figures. I just don't have it in me. You guys rock and I wish I had your skills.

Made last flex payment today. Ex should be here next week! :yess: May wait until Christmas to open...maybe I'll take a peek just to inspect the figure.

I planned to take a peek an have had it on display for a week :lol I'll try to get myself to box it back up tomorrow.

So a member who will remain nameless (unless he wants to chime in and make himself known) agreed to weather my BD Luke clothes. I had planned on taking a stab at it, but his work was so damn perfect...Needless to say, when he agreed to do mine I was pretty damn stoked! :) He didn't charge me a thing, and even payed for return shipping. The guy is a champ in my book, very grateful.

Here are some pics of Luke, the way I've been wanting to display him since day 1. :rock

_MG_6353.jpg

_MG_6348.jpg

_MG_6360.jpg

_MG_6358.jpg

_MG_6355.jpg

_MG_6354.jpg

He did a bang up job, I was too chicksheet to send it over before Thanksgiving. Great work unnamed artist.

Yeah these customs are truly impressive, I think I might take a crack at the BD suit.

My trio

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

Just a crazy idea I had :wink1:

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

Back