Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY nice. That's a great looking display. :rock I may have to get one of those sabers. Really looks cool with a figure by it.

It did work out pretty well, it wasn't originally my intention to display it like this.

Now, to work out what to do with the BD Luke!

So, I mounted the weather vane on my wall and I'm not 100% sold on keeping it that way. It just feels like I'm wasting the figure with it sitting all by itself.

null-24.jpg

Wow, this looks awesome, how can you be in doubt about keeping it that way? Now I'm thinking where I have mine is kinda lame.

I have noticed one inaccuracy after watching ESB again last night! The weather vane had one red light and one yellow, whereas HT have done two red lights.

Open question about the blinking red lights on the weather vane:

How does yours function?

When I turn it on, they blink alternately and bright. Then they, after about 30 seconds, start blinking simultaneously. They keep doing that and they start to blink off faster while getting dimmer. They then start going slower and a bit brighter, and that cycle continues in waves.

Can anyone tell what color Luke's eyes are? I think they are grey but I can't tell. Aren't they supposed to be blue-ish?

Is that an unmodded Vader, height wise? Man, he is big. I'm still waiting for mine in the mail.

Yup. Modded height and dome and he's still pretty massive. The one scene I think of in Empire where Vader looks really huge is when Luke is going down that close to the end of the battle, it's dead quiet when Vader suddenly comes out of no where and takes a swing with his saber. You can really see how much bigger Prowse is than Hamill.

Wow, this looks awesome, how can you be in doubt about keeping it that way? Now I'm thinking where I have mine is kinda lame.

I worked on it a little last night. I added some Future to the BD Luke hair and that gave him more of a wet, sweaty look. I just poured it on, let it dry a little then wiped off some of the excess so it didn't look absolutly drenched. It really turned out well. I have him hanging upside down too, so all in all I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks now.

Open question about the blinking red lights on the weather vane:

How does yours function?

When I turn it on, they blink alternately and bright. Then they, after about 30 seconds, start blinking simultaneously. They keep doing that and they start to blink off faster while getting dimmer. They then start going slower and a bit brighter, and that cycle continues in waves.

Yes, from what I've gathered it seems to be common. If its on for a longer period of time (15 minutes or more), it continued til dim and almost off. Seems it runs down the batteries then charges overnight while off and starts over again etc.

People have said there is some uneven sequence but no one has listed it yet. Sounds interesting.

^^
^

Okay, that's all I needed to hear. Can't go sifting through this whole thread looking for past discussions about it. Thanks.

So, I mounted the weather vane on my wall and I'm not 100% sold on keeping it that way. It just feels like I'm wasting the figure with it sitting all by itself.

null-24.jpg

YEA I wish my CABLE guy would get here to fix my antenna still got to wait until monday.......:impatient::lol

Just ordered from SS, can't wait to get my hands on him, all the pictures you guys put up have got me excited. Looking forward to sharing my own.

Back