Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gets me is I have no interest in the weather vain. I would rather that money go toward the quality of the figure itself.

Adjusted the color levels to make up for the horrendous lighting.

I didn't change anything except the color balance to bring it back to what should be the correct skin tone.

28354728519252159216014.jpg

It's still a step down from the prototype, but not near as awful.

It looks better, but those PERS... maybe the light makes a weird shadow on them

I really hope that the guyliner can be fixed ie. Indy. That will take care of my major gripe with the sculpt. The outfit is starting to irk me as well though (in relation to the proto), the more I look at it.

New sculpts are looking Jor El era Hot Toys, which where great at the time, but don't cut any more. Especially since its a step backward when we have seen what HT is capable of.

Everything about this looks like an older, 2007/2008 figure. It's not just the sculpt, the clothes and tailoring look like crap too.

It'd be fine if this came out 4-5 years ago, but now, it just doesn't look right.

im just going to wait for in hand, i have this on flex and my uk seller doesn't get him in for atleast 6-8 weeks after us. so after reviews and pics i'll decide then. If it turns out i don't like it im pretty sure you can sell it just as quick and still make a decent buck back.

There is no doubting the sculpt is way off like compared to the proto and this is actually one of the only figs i can see what rory keeps chirping on about. In the end im pretty sure i'll still be picking it up.

im just praying they don't co.ck up Loki's sculpt :pray::pray:

Im hoping they just put this one in the shop window,or wherever it was just to be displayed,and the better quality ones are still coming:pray:
If not,this will stop me PO'ing,if this is the way HT is headed.

"Dear Paul,

If you remember I sold you my SIDESHOW Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker on Craigslist 4 months ago........yeah I would like it back now!!!"

It's days like this that make me glad I don't PO.
Yeah, have to agree with that logic. No more pre-ordering for me. There really is no rush and these things pretty much never sell out. Best to wait for inhand pics before committing $300.00. That said, losing the $30.00 NRD is much preferrable to spending another $270.00 + shipping, duty and tax if these pics are close to accurate. Really don't mind SSC keeping something for their trouble (since I flexed).

yikes. just yikes.

never cancelled a figure before... never had to put a down payment on one either.

Boba fett thread again.....
I'm holding.
no way will i let ****ty pics let me cancel.
Inhand first and then i will decide....I can always return it to Sideshow..

Yep, agreed it's too early to panic, FLOSI. Looking forward to OMG's pics. Like I said, though, leaving aside the sculpt entirely, it does seem to me they've cut corners on the fabric and tailoring.

Yep, agreed it's too early to panic, FLOSI. Looking forward to OMG's pics. Like I said, though, leaving aside the sculpt entirely, it does seem to me they've cut corners on the fabric and tailoring.

They also cut corners on the packaging for Jake Sully. This is what happens when you release a figure 1 year after you put it up for pre-order. Costs go up. Hot Toys should just be better about closing the gap between pre-order and shipping.

Back