Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a good hi-res pic of the proto. You can see that the fabric has been downgraded as well. The proto jacket had a softer texture to better replicate the actual costume.

up_9.jpg

LukeESB1.jpg

Last edited:
^ :lol

It seems I've dodged a bullet at this stage. NRDs are never fun - feel for you guys if you're conflicted. :lecture

SSC Tusken Raider - you're my only hope. :pray: :lol

Jake Starstalker in his burlap sack uniform is big kahkah.

What happened to the Luke Skywalker release?

I can't believe I complained about the proto looking like Paul McCartney... :slapI would gladly take any of the Beatles rather than this..:lol

OMG was freaking out over in the DX12 thread.

I can't tell if he's freaking out over the DX12 or Luke, Batman looks even worse than Luke. :lol

I won't cancel Luke because, well, it's ****ing Luke Skywalker. But I don't think I'll be settling for whatever it is the DX12 turned out to be.

Well, if the quality is going downward (truly, after seeing them in person and it is the case), it may push me out of this market, sad to say. :(

New sculpts are looking Jor El era Hot Toys, which where great at the time, but don't cut any more. Especially since its a step backward when we have seen what HT is capable of.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but right now, at $300, it feels like a kick to the nuts...or being told Darth Vader is your father.

Adjusted the color levels to make up for the horrendous lighting.

I didn't change anything except the color balance to bring it back to what should be the correct skin tone.

28354728519252159216014.jpg

It's still a step down from the prototype, but not near as awful.

...since everyone already hates me, I'm just gonna say it once more to make myself smile.

I did predict this yesterday.:lol

I can't tell if he's freaking out over the DX12 or Luke, Batman looks even worse than Luke. :lol

I won't cancel Luke because, well, it's ****ing Luke Skywalker. But I don't think I'll be settling for whatever it is the DX12 turned out to be.

:lol:rotfl

Leaving aside the sculpt entirely, I'm really disappointed with the clothing. I think HT maybe made this package a little too rich and ended-up taking a bunch of shortcuts to try and trim down on the cost. Can't recall tailoring this poor on any other character. It's almost like they feel SW is a franchise they can take for granted.

Edit: Damn you, Rorywaaaaaaan!

Leaving aside the sculpt entirely, I'm really disappointed with the clothing. I think HT maybe made this package a little too rich and ended-up taking a bunch of shortcuts to try and trim down on the cost.

'Ya think? :slap

Back