Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1wA6v.jpg

The BD looks amazing. The clean one still reminds me too much of Rob Lowe.

The eye position in this pic completely changes the entire look of the sculpt in my eyes. Money right there. I'll go full BD setup (with 2 hands), unless the clean sculpt gets significantly improved. Cant wait to PO this! :rock

Hope the color of his hands is just because hes a proto. I dont want Jersey Shore orange hands, with a pale white face.

I want to preorder this yesterday. I will probably sell one,( I'm kinda poor) unless i totally fall in love with both when it arrives (likely). As of right now i'd like to display the BD one in a saber stance.

I really like this figure. The BD sculpt is great. I have faith that HT's will tweak the regular. Of course it depends also on Lucas and their approval.

The eye position in this pic completely changes the entire look of the sculpt in my eyes. Money right there. I'll go full BD setup (with 2 hands), unless the clean sculpt gets significantly improved. Cant wait to PO this! :rock

Yep, that's what I'm thinking as well...
The full BD with both hands seems much more interesting than the pristine one.

Well since Hot Toys has a history of revising/improving head sculpts (except Indy dammit), and these new pics are of the same prototypes from SDCC, I hope they take another shot at the non-battle damaged Luke sculpt. Come on guys you can do better. It's freaking Luke Skywalker.:lecture

The face looks right on the BD head but the hair looks goofy to me. Hair looks right on the clean version but the face is wrong.

Wonder if the whole hairpieces detach so you could just switch them?

I hope the bd version has the ability to switch hands | arms to allow both hands be available. I plan on posing this bad boy similar to the cover on The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. I just need Vader to complete the scene :)

Should be able to 'operate' on the TT to do this, or just chageover the costumes. :)

Well since Hot Toys has a history of revising/improving head sculpts (except Indy dammit), and these new pics are of the same prototypes from SDCC, I hope they take another shot at the non-battle damaged Luke sculpt. Come on guys you can do better. It's freaking Luke Skywalker.:lecture
Yeah, Mark Hamill's likeness has had a bad run with collectibles over the years, in pretty much every format & company - with the SSC PFs perhaps being the exception.

Let's hope HT makes Mr Hamill proud in the end - & us too!! :pray:

Any one have any idea of when we can start pre-ordering this bad boy?

Hmmmm...the fatigues are obviously different in both the BD presentation and the "clean" presentation, I can't tell with the boots or belt. I wonder just how many extra parts outside of a TT will we have to do to get both looks...

It's two COMPLETE figures. Howard stated that in the interview he put up on facebook. two heads, two bodies, two outfits, belts, etc .

you get everything shown in in this picture

g8FOl.jpg

short version. tis going to be expensive

It's two COMPLETE figures. Howard stated that in the interview he put up on facebook. two heads, two bodies, two outfits, belts, etc .

you get everything shown in in this picture

g8FOl.jpg

short version. tis going to be expensive

If I get it then, I'll prolly just keep the clean version and pawn off the rest.

I'd do the same, but i fear once i have it in hand i will want to keep both even though i don't need to......We'll see.

Back