Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is above the $250-260 mark I'm not sure if I'll grab it. I love it and don't have a Luke representation in my collection yet, but I honestly only want 1 head, 1 outfit so I might try and find a boardie here who wants to do the same and then split the cost.

Even if this thing cost $400 people will buy it. The only difference is that they'll just _____ about it while it's on order as if someone made them do it. People are raging against the Joker DX yet it's still on order. If you want HT to change things you have to vote with your wallet the thing is that people aren't willing to miss out and so you get a vicious cycle, them raising costs, people _____ing, people ordering, people _____ing, people justifying, figure releasing, people lamenting they missed out and so on.

$250 would be great but that is only one part of the equation. Release quarter depends on it as well. There is so much stuff running around that if this releases in the wrong quarter then it's out as well.

I love this figure but Jedi Luke is definitely the Luke on the top of my HT wishlist and I'd gladly pass on this just for the chance that they might do that one.

Even if this thing cost $400 people will buy it. The only difference is that they'll just _____ about it while it's on order as if someone made them do it. People are raging against the Joker DX yet it's still on order. If you want HT to change things you have to vote with your wallet the thing is that people aren't willing to miss out and so you get a vicious cycle, them raising costs, people _____ing, people ordering, people _____ing, people justifying, figure releasing, people lamenting they missed out and so on.

$250 would be great but that is only one part of the equation. Release quarter depends on it as well. There is so much stuff running around that if this releases in the wrong quarter then it's out as well.

I love this figure but Jedi Luke is definitely the Luke on the top of my HT wishlist and I'd gladly pass on this just for the chance that they might do that one.

:exactly: We have the Power dont buy it. If this thing is 300 I'm out.

Ok so they are even there. People keep saying it's just the difference of a head ( I agree $25 for that) but that would mean Indy and SW license are the same price wise and well there is now way that's true. So add in that extra cost and hasbros cut and $300 seems very likely.

Okay, the license thing...

If SS themselves can do a Grievous figure, which will be a feat of 1/6 engineering and production, for $200; if they can do a light up IG-88 with a fancy display base or an ESB Boba Fett with deluxe light up base for under $200; if they can do a battle droid 2-pack for $120; I see NO reason why a HT Bespin Luke should be in the ballpark of $300, no matter that SSC gets to take a cut, no matter how well done it is. All those aforementioned SSC figures are extremely well done also. It's like you're saying you want this thing to be extra expensive because it's Star Wars??

If SS themselves can do a Grievous figure, which will be a feat of 1/6 engineering and production, for $200; if they can do a light up IG-88 with a fancy display base or an ESB Boba Fett with deluxe light up base for under $200; if they can do a battle droid 2-pack for $120; I see NO reason why a HT Bespin Luke should be in the ballpark of $300, no matter that SSC gets to take a cut, no matter how well done it is. All those aforementioned SSC figures are extremely well done also. It's like you're saying you want this thing to be extra expensive because it's Star Wars??

This man raises an interesting point.

too much on po to even think about picking this up ,maybe some time i will buy ... But I have Had so many versions of a bespin luke growng up kinda of sick of buying... glad hot toys has finaly made a decent mark hammil sculpt ..and this one is bad ass! but each luke out I had seen is tolerable but still crappy ,sick of 10 skywalkers versions waiting for the one bad ass rotj luke to buy.....

Very logical, Grievous point especially.

I could be wrong, but I would bet that HT's sweatshop workers get paid better. The materials they use with their figures also tend to feel like they are of a higher quality than what Sideshow uses (putting aside joint breakage issues, oily rubber, etc.).

No I am saying I know it will be more because it's Star Wars.

i really hope that this Luke is the first of a long series...
i'd love to see many more STAR WARS figure from Hot toys, like darth vader, Han etc etc... and a Jedi outfit luke, of course ^_^...
no release info yet?

A billion starving Chinese can't be wrong. :lecture

Until they charge $300 for a Star Wars figure. Then they can eat cake.

(I'm just kidding. I know Hong Kong is not Chinese; China stole it with the blessings of Al Gore and Tony Blair.)

Can't you use that HT jones compared to the SS jones for price inflation? SS was under a $100 and HT is like $250. So wouldnt the price for a DX Luke be similar? At least $250?! I'm scared honestly that it will be more! I just preordered the joker and that price is really making me feel like I need a new hobby.

Let's keep politics out of Star Wars threads unless we are talking about the Trade Federation. Never trusted those Nemoidians.

Back