Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure it’s a lot of work, but personally I cannot justify or fathom spending that much money on a figure right now or ever really. Not sure I could spend that much on any collectible to be honest.

And looking at it, it honestly doesn’t look at good to me. Perhaps it’s the painting but the face just looks sloppy to me. So does the clothing, it doesn’t seem to have the level of precision that Hot Toys does.

Every collector has their own spending limit for the hobby. Some are willing to spend more, some aren't. We all have to respect that.

About the sculpt, yeah it depends on personal preference. I can't argue with you.

About the paint, dude these Highground's Luke is done by Yelim for Christ's sake. [emoji23]
Remember when everyone was blown away by the prototype photos of Blitzway's Hannibal Lecter? It's Yelim who did the painting.

About HT's Luke dx07 clothing, it's far far away from precision. I know this because I own one. The material feels cheap & wrinkles also the stitches are not really precise. I also own several outfits made by Kato, addblue, & yunsil, so I can tell great tailoring and mediocre tailoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f46azqiqcg411.jpg

Definitely not seeing what you guys are in that sculpt.

Have to agree. Certainly not at that price either. But to each their own [emoji119]

Anyone seen this before? Wow this luke really blow my mind

9381d675e67b139ad0c633fa5f5cc8e8.jpg

Just looked this up in facebook to see what all the hoopla was about.
This really isn't the most flattering photo...

The head sculpt looks pretty amazing, but I don't really like the look of the outfit, there's something odd about it. It probably looks a million times better in hand. However, 2.5K? Yeah, no thanks.
I'm assuming it comes with a standard 1/6 HT clone body?

Every collector has their own spending limit for the hobby. Some are willing to spend more, some aren't. We all have to respect that.

About the sculpt, yeah it depends on personal preference. I can't argue with you.

About the paint, dude these Highground's Luke is done by Yelim for Christ's sake. [emoji23]
Remember when everyone was blown away by the prototype photos of Blitzway's Hannibal Lecter? It's Yelim who did the painting.

About HT's Luke dx07 clothing, it's far far away from precision. I know this because I own one. The material feels cheap & wrinkles also the stitches are not really precise. I also own several outfits made by Kato, addblue, & yunsil, so I can tell great tailoring and mediocre tailoring.

When wasn’t I respecting that? I just find that to be an insane price tag for a figure.

Okay? I still think this painting looks weak. However the bigger problem is the head sculpt, it’s just very off. Nope I don’t remember that, nor is that relevant. I’m not doubting the artistic work of that person but this one doesn’t look good.

You’re right, it’s not perfect, but those clothes are much better looking than the prototype we’ve seen of this. It looks very cheap and poorly cut.

Has anyone actually asked Yelim herself? After the M8 debacle with sculptors and other artists not being paid I wouldn't take anyone's word for who is doing what with a figure. No matter who has done the proto it means nothing if these prestige artists themselves don't confirm they're working on the final product.

Has anyone actually asked Yelim herself? After the M8 debacle with sculptors and other artists not being paid I wouldn't take anyone's word for who is doing what with a figure. No matter who has done the proto it means nothing if these prestige artists themselves don't confirm they're working on the final product.

Yelim posted the proto headsculpt on her IG account. M8 is a company that do mass production, could be hundreds or thousands figures for a character. Therefore the proto will only be used as sample for the factory painters.

However Highground only produce 20 pcs of figures, so I think Yelim will be the one who paint all 20 sculpts. It's quite a similar case like Shumi arts who hires Kjun to do the sculpt & painting all Warhol figures or like Gesus who hires Rainman to do Jack Dawson figures.
You can contact Highground and/or Yelim and get the answer from them.

This latest photo looking pretty good.

fb8d9bb90866f436991a7bc99ecd81be.jpg

What’s been bothering me since the first time I saw this sculpt is it looks too jowl-y.

Hamill’s jawline is one of the many downfalls most sculpts suffer from.

What’s been bothering me since the first time I saw this sculpt is it looks too jowl-y.

Hamill’s jawline is one of the many downfalls most sculpts suffer from.

I can see your point and you are right, many sculptors have tried but failed to get Hamill's likeness.
This Highground's Luke is not perfect, but it's still the best looking sculpt of Luke in 1/6 scale so far IMO.

Are they re-releasing the figure?

Eventually, doubtless. But if it were planned for the near future surely they would have teased it in the product shots for epV Vader instead of just using the old DX Luke.

Thinking of picking this set up some time in the near future, but I have some questions before committing to it. Can the weather vane be made to fit into a Detolf if one of the shelves is removed? If so, would it need to be attached to the top wooden panel or is it possible to attach it to a glass shelve? If anyone has any pics of it in a Detolf it'd be very much appreciated. Cheers.

I believe some people have gotten the weather vane in a detolf with a shelf removed. The vane does come with a base to make it stand up instead of mounting.

I believe some people have gotten the weather vane in a detolf with a shelf removed. The vane does come with a base to make it stand up instead of mounting.

Ah ok, no need for modifying it then. Having never seen it in hand I didn't know whether the weather vane was adjustable in height or not. Cheers for the response.

Eventually, doubtless. But if it were planned for the near future surely they would have teased it in the product shots for epV Vader instead of just using the old DX Luke.

Makes for a bigger reveal later just sticking the old one in those pics.

Even when they do, it’s still worth having the battle damaged Luke in this set. I doubt they do two versions again.

Back