Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpts aren't great, but the Han sculpts HT have done are much, much worse in my opinion.

I agree.

ANH Luke is the worst, followed by Han.....

And in my humble opinion we still do not have a Chewbacca figure.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I only own CHewie and Obi Wan. I passed on the rest. I really like my Obi Wan and feel the sculpt is terrific. Tom Cruise (oh sorry Luke) is hopeless!! Han is just to plain for me.

I also really like Obi Wan, but ANH Luke is a stunt double, for sure. At least he looks human, though (glares at their Storm Trooper Han sculpt. . .or worse yet, HT Indiana Jones).

With the new reveal of the 2.0, just thought I’d post my DX battle damaged Luke in his current spot. I plan on getting a framed print of Cloud City to put behind him.
7ba76c684d87048132d954a7fccfe13b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m sure I’m in the minority on this. While it seems the majority of people think the BD sculpt is the best OT Luke sculpt, it’s always kind of struck me as having a drunk, surprised expression to it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good sculpt indeed, but I just feel that in order to bring life to it you have to use the PERS function and have it gazing to the side because when looking straight ahead, it to me looks too wide eyed, which to me doesn’t combine well with the slightly open mouth. I mean I suppose that was his mood in that particular scene and that the sculpt captures that, but I don’t know, like I said, it just makes the sculpt to me look like he’s dazed and drunk if you have him staring blankly ahead.

I’m sure I’m in the minority on this. While it seems the majority of people think the BD sculpt is the best OT Luke sculpt, it’s always kind of struck me and having a drunk, surprised expression to it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good sculpt indeed, but I just feel that in order to bring life to it, you have to use the PERS function and have it gazing to the side because when looking straight ahead, it to me looks too wide eyed, which to me doesn’t combine well with the slightly open mouth. I mean I suppose that was his mood in that particular scene and that the sculpt captures that, but I don’t know, like I said, it just makes the sculpt to me look like he’s dazed and drunk if you have him staring blankly ahead.

To be fair, if Darth Vader kicked the crap outta me and cut my hand off, I'd probably be dazed too.

So I jut pulled this set out of storage since I first bought it. All the holster magnets, and saber hilt hooks fell off on both figures. Whats the best glue for these? Any ol' super glue? Hot glue?

Back