Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually swapped the lower legs on my DX Luke with slim TT shins to make him a touch shorter. It works pretty well and I was able to use regular foot pegs too. I just had to shave a bit of the opening of the boot connections down so the regular foot pegs would ease in. And the original DX foot pegs still work as well if I need to swap back.

If you have an extra slim TT that you can swap the legs for it works pretty well. Otherwise you'll have to buy the pegs separate on eBay probably.

Is there any substantial difference between Hot Toys male hands? (outside of gloved hands, kenobis wrinkly hands etc.) Or do they all look about the same?

Most HT hands are the same sculpts but it's the paint that differs. Some hands are paler, some are tanner. Some are a bit larger and some smaller. Depends on the figure.

I actually swapped the lower legs on my DX Luke with slim TT shins to make him a touch shorter. It works pretty well and I was able to use regular foot pegs too. I just had to shave a bit of the opening of the boot connections down so the regular foot pegs would ease in. And the original DX foot pegs still work as well if I need to swap back.

If you have an extra slim TT that you can swap the legs for it works pretty well. Otherwise you'll have to buy the pegs separate on eBay probably.

I have a couple of those cheapo bootleg ones. Would they still work?

I bought this set 4 years ago and it's still amazing. Took some pics tonight just to reinvigorate the life of this set. Lol. Sideshow's attempts have been scary at best.
3905e7e623bd16816aa86c37ff6ecfd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. They will.

I ended up just biting the bullet and getting the pegs, along with the battle damaged head sculpt. Asked the seller for a deal and he obliged which was cool. But in regards to removing the lower legs, what does it require? do they snap off like the fore arms or do you have to do some deconstruction?

My only issue with DX Luke was is the wrist joint. Extreme poses reveal wrist pegs and I “hate exposed wrist pegs Jock……I hate em!!"

ecaf5935f49aa6a94562136ea634adb9e58f9c97bb743ac9809da6012c0ac085.jpg

I bought this set 4 years ago and it's still amazing. Took some pics tonight just to reinvigorate the life of this set. Lol. Sideshow's attempts have been scary at best.
3905e7e623bd16816aa86c37ff6ecfd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! :clap

My only issue with DX Luke was is the wrist joint. Extreme poses reveal wrist pegs

Yeah, that kind of irks me as well. Very minor complaint though, as I have other figures that do the same thing.

This is without a doubt my favorite SW figure and is one of my favorite figures in general in my collection.

image.jpg

I ended up just biting the bullet and getting the pegs, along with the battle damaged head sculpt. Asked the seller for a deal and he obliged which was cool. But in regards to removing the lower legs, what does it require? do they snap off like the fore arms or do you have to do some deconstruction?

No deconstruction. Just pop them off like the forearms. Only modification is widening the hole on the plastic inside the boots. And just a bit on the outer edge to get the regular foot pegs in.

GREAT you got a deal for the original foot pegs. Much easier to have the original stuff and not have to mod anything. The same pegs are used on HT DX Jack Sparrow, DX11 Joker, and Tron Kevin Flynn. Sideshow HAN and Luke Hoth pegs can fit as well.

I had to sell my set last year to help pay for some medical bills. ( thanks useless insurance :wave) I regretted it so much, it actually hurt to box it up and send to the post office. I was fortunate enough a few months later to buy it back on Ebay for a decent price. I'm never selling this set again!

Last edited:
I had to sell my set last year to help pay for some medical bills. ( thanks useless insurance :wave) I regretted it so much, it actually hurt to box it up and send to the post office. I was fortunate enough a few months later to buy it back on Ebay for a decent price. I'm never selling this set again!

Was it the exact same one?? :monkey3

I'm still looking for a replacement display stand since the metal plague on mine got scratched :(

Hey does anyone know which neck peg/plug I should get for a DX07 head? I only have one Luke so I bought the battle damaged head online, but it has no neck peg/plug, and the standard spare ones I have are too big to fit. Any ideas?

Back