Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Had chance to have a quick look on my lunch hour. I'm blown away! Absolutely brilliant! Didn't have chance to get the stands out or anything but I'll post some pictures of them later. So glad I sold my ANH Luke to get this, it's 100 times better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but the Bespin arm can be stubborn to get off. I found it best if you extend the arm straight and bend it backward to pull at the same time. Helps loosen how tight it's in there. It will come out at the lower elbow and upper elbow joints so make sure you get the whole thing out.

The clean version jacket is a bit tricky too. The cuff doesn't open so you have to modify it by snipping the one or two threads that hold it together. Then attaching it somehow to keep it closed. I used the tiny magnets from my SS Bespin Luke belt to secure it. Very easy to open and close.

The battle damaged jacket is much easier and a straight swap because the cuff is already open.

Thanks for that. Damn I didn't think of the whole cuff problem, since you can't remove the hand to slide it in. I might actually abandon the idea of doing this just so I don't need to do anything to it.

Finally had chance to get the set out properly. It's just brilliant. Had the glue on the magnets of my clean Luke fail but otherwise spot on!
Here's a few pics, it'll look much better when I get my detolfs back up!
1edebcbd3bf7938bf2225b36d6c5fbf8.jpg
e5e2fd5122e05c0446f04be8399df3d6.jpg
d7ae4d9f5e42ae45164a06a6fab498cb.jpg
684eab5d96080cc794b3941dfb3e2abf.jpg
016ab9d54c1972a2f73170294e55462c.jpg
9b965fbd7b5f161887b2526246600142.jpg

That 2nd to last shot ,looks fantastic,,, love the weather vane. I'm attempted to attach mine to the top of one of my display cabinets

Thanks! I imagined that pose as when he first ignites his lightsaber to face off against vader at cloud city. And yeah the weathervane is awesome, I'm just gonna take a shelf out of my detolf to display it. Don't trust myself trying to screw it in. I'd be scared of breaking it!

Thanks! I imagined that pose as when he first ignites his lightsaber to face off against vader at cloud city. And yeah the weathervane is awesome, I'm just gonna take a shelf out of my detolf to display it. Don't trust myself trying to screw it in. I'd be scared of breaking it!

I removed one shelf and lowered another with 4 U shaped clamps. The probe droid fits above the bespin setup now. It's a great option if you have 2 oversized pieces to display.

Awesome pictures, rogers. Congrats on getting him!

Doesn't sound like you had to glue too much then, which is good. With mine, I had to glue both thigh straps back together, the metal saber hook on one of the belts and also a strap for one of the pouches that attaches it to the belt. It also looks like like the thigh strap on the belt of your BD figure is like mine in where it appears to be missing one of the two adjustment holes. It was initially on my clean figure, but I figured it'd conform better to the look of the BD figure and think of it as the missing component was suffered from "battle damage". :lol

I removed one shelf and lowered another with 4 U shaped clamps. The probe droid fits above the bespin setup now. It's a great option if you have 2 oversized pieces to display.

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. I've actually got some U clamps spare too

Awesome pictures, rogers. Congrats on getting him!

Doesn't sound like you had to glue too much then, which is good. With mine, I had to glue both thigh straps back together, the metal saber hook on one of the belts and also a strap for one of the pouches that attaches it to the belt. It also looks like like the thigh strap on the belt of your BD figure is like mine in where it appears to be missing one of the two adjustment holes. It was initially on my clean figure, but I figured it'd conform better to the look of the BD figure and think of it as the missing component was suffered from "battle damage". :lol

Thanks man! Yeah not too bad, and I never even noticed that adjustment hole missing! Keen eyes there haha I might swap the belts about, like you say, battle damaged and all that jazz!

Thanks man! Yeah not too bad, and I never even noticed that adjustment hole missing! Keen eyes there haha I might swap the belts about, like you say, battle damaged and all that jazz!

No problem. :duff

No need to swap the belts if you want the one with the missing adjustment hole to be on your BD figure; it already appears to be on your BD figure. The one that had the missing adjustment hole for mine was on the clean figure, but I switched it to the BD figure.

Back