Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked mine up today, along with HT Tumbler and SSC Tusken Raider that were also waiting.

Cursory visual inspection shows everything in its place. A few minutes ago the weather vane was assembled, and with any luck it'll be mounted by tomorrow night. In the morning I'm going to try and create an image to mount on the ceiling under the vane to compliment the background that's already up on the wall. The tricky part will be getting it submitted to Costco's online photo center early enough so that I can pick it up around 11am while I'm shopping. ;)

I picked mine up today, along with HT Tumbler and SSC Tusken Raider that were also waiting.

Cursory visual inspection shows everything in its place. A few minutes ago the weather vane was assembled, and with any luck it'll be mounted by tomorrow night. In the morning I'm going to try and create an image to mount on the ceiling under the vane to compliment the background that's already up on the wall. The tricky part will be getting it submitted to Costco's online photo center early enough so that I can pick it up around 11am while I'm shopping. ;)

Congrats! Did you have to glue any magnets or parts of the weather vane like was mentioned earlier is a common issue with this figure?

I have this figure on my buy list and was wondering what I am in for when it do purchase it.

Nothing seems to have been bent nor broken with the weather vane. It went together perfectly. But now i've started taking the top apart trying to figure out the best way to wire it for constant power so that I can remove the batteries. ;)

The figures haven't yet been removed from the package, though I've pulled some of the accessories for a look.

Nothing seems to have been bent nor broken with the weather vane. It went together perfectly. But now i've started taking the top apart trying to figure out the best way to wire it for constant power so that I can remove the batteries. ;)

The figures haven't yet been removed from the package, though I've pulled some of the accessories for a look.

I would pull the figures out and inspect them if I was you, and test the joints on the bodies.

Thanks for the info. :duff

Makes feel a little better about the production quality of this figure.

really great photos...I just received my jedi luke today...now I must buy the besping luke to upgrade...probably this weekend. I'll just buy it here with my eyes closed while paying.

:gah:

Everything seems to check out OK, except I think I might have received an alternate head sculpt, one of the early protos of Luke in a beehive.

Both magnets on both hair pieces were unglued. Easy fix. Apart from that, joints are all OK, accessories OK, clothes and belt OK.

Everything seems to check out OK, except I think I might have received an alternate head sculpt, one of the early protos of Luke in a beehive.

You mean Beiber-hive Luke. :lol

justin-bieber-calendar.jpg

Ok, all this biebertalken is freaking me out. Time for some on-topic pictures.

In followup to my previous mention of hard-wiring the weather vane, here are a few select images from the process (which is detailed in my office thread).

These replace the batteries:

Wire routed from battery compartment:

And we have light from a 12v source stepped down to 4.5v with a DC-to-DC converter.

Last edited:
Well, this set has arrived. Haven't had the chance to do more than pop the box and have a look...so just some very basic, quick first impressions here...

First off...thank you BBTS...for still having this set for this ole procrastinating guy. Shipped quick after payment and came extremely well-packed...double-boxed and in perfect shape. Well done, folks...I'll be back!

Now the set...bottom line, this was put together by some true fans. Very classy package, beautiful presentation of the figures, easy access to the gear...just superb effort here...makes you slow down the unboxing just to take it all in.

Now the figures themselves... only taken one out so far...the "clean" version and...okay, I get it...I see what all the fuss has been about. Really handsome figure...fine sculpt (though I'll stick with my original assertion that it makes him come across a bit too stern)...well-applied paint apps, the PERS feature works well and the outfit along with the accessories are rendered to perfection (although I think the holster is missing a magnet).

Okay... enough prattling on for now... be back later with more impressions and a few pics...just excited to finally have this set!

Well, this set has arrived. Haven't had the chance to do more than pop the box and have a look...so just some very basic, quick first impressions here...

First off...thank you BBTS...for still having this set for this ole procrastinating guy. Shipped quick after payment and came extremely well-packed...double-boxed and in perfect shape. Well done, folks...I'll be back!

Now the set...bottom line, this was put together by some true fans. Very classy package, beautiful presentation of the figures, easy access to the gear...just superb effort here...makes you slow down the unboxing just to take it all in.

Now the figures themselves... only taken one out so far...the "clean" version and...okay, I get it...I see what all the fuss has been about. Really handsome figure...fine sculpt (though I'll stick with my original assertion that it makes him come across a bit too stern)...well-applied paint apps, the PERS feature works well and the outfit along with the accessories are rendered to perfection (although I think the holster is missing a magnet).

Okay... enough prattling on for now... be back later with more impressions and a few pics...just excited to finally have this set!

The figure set is awesome. One of my holsters had a magnet that fell off in the box and I had to reglue. Works fine now. I really can't say enough about how awesome the figures look. I don't have a preference in the 2 and I am glad they came as a set. Can't wait for sideshow's new Vader to go with Luke.

Back