Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, I thoroughly enjoyed your Luke review - great work! :clap

I pretty much agree with most of what you mentioned - except for the Jedi outfit part. I think when they get around to that version, it needs to be focused entirely on that version; so the right inclusions / amendments from top to tail - other than that.. brilliant stuff. :)

One other thing I had to mention; all your references to the Death Star in the review?

Swap them for Cloud City. :lol :peace

I really don't see HT doing a Farmboy Luke (in my lifetime)

Its the most iconic image of Luke and STAR WARS (aside from Vader). They'll do it, but theyll likely save it for the last version of Luke they do. So yeah, itll be awhile. :lol

Im down for all three

Farmboy
Bespin
Jedi

Just need those three. I know I have a long wait. :lol

Last edited:
Here's a couple more Ep IV looks for the clean head

IMG_2019.jpg

It doesn't look toooooo bad. It is a more mature sculpt for sure, but I'm content with it. If it wasn't PERS, the Stormtrooper sculpt would be the one to have. The neat factor of the HT head equals out the appearance for me, plus it's more available right now. I really don't see HT doing a Farmboy Luke (in my lifetime), so as it is, one more body and one more clean head for Yavin Luke and I'm done.

Looks like the hair piece from the UU Enterbay Medicom Luke.

Just got him in and wow.....just wow, what amazing figures. I absolutely love them, although I did have to re glue both head magnets and one holster magnet. But everything else is flawless and I can't wait to get him all set up. Will take some pictures soon.

I do have a few questions though,
1. How do you open the jacket?
2. What are some easy (noob) techniques to further weather the BD Luke's outfit?

Just got him in and wow.....just wow, what amazing figures. I absolutely love them, although I did have to re glue both head magnets and one holster magnet. But everything else is flawless and I can't wait to get him all set up. Will take some pictures soon.

I do have a few questions though,
1. How do you open the jacket?
2. What are some easy (noob) techniques to further weather the BD Luke's outfit?

I posted what I did to mine a few pages back. I just did some light dry brushing and black paint wet washes. I added a slight amount of more blood by his torn wounded areas.

DSC_1662-1.jpg

Just received my EX version 5 min ago - no 'UKE SKYWALKER' variant...drats!! LOL - initial impressions: WOW. Also, some of the pics in this thread do it true justice, but still nothing like seeing it in person - this is my first DX so what a way to do it

Glad I got the EX version - love the Dagobah head - though Hurricane's custom is much larger and way more detailed as far as the helmet and dome portion, that Luke head in the HT ones is truly haunted looking.

Update: Like a nucklehead, I managed to lightly tear the fabric on one of my Luke's boots, trying to get the darn baggie off them.......Toy Anxiety just got $18 out of me...ARGH!!!

Last edited:
My second set just hit my local post office this morning at 8:00. I may have it by tomorrow. :)

Best advice ever. This figure is incredible and worth it! (should not be passed up by any true SW fan.) Flex it, CC it, whore yourself whatever. True definition of a must!!
I hear ya buddy, don't worry. :lol

I was never planning on passing - by any stretch, Bespin Luke was a huge fave of mine growing up. I used to carry my little Kenner Bespin Luke in my shirt pocket everyday at school. :lecture

I just have a lot to juggle right now budget wise, that's all. I might use the CC to make a deposit with a local e-Tailer, then figure out what to do about the rest later. :lol

Did anyone's weather vane come in two pieces exposing wires. I know all u need is a little glue but still. Is it common ?

Did anyone's weather vane come in two pieces exposing wires. I know all u need is a little glue but still. Is it common ?

Your link to your collection shows nothing and is over a year and a half old. Considering you can't wait 20 minutes for a response to your questions I would think you'd update your own link.

Back