Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can wait 50 years, HT will NEVER get around to the breadth of characters which SS is at right now. There will never be a HT Rex or Gree or Snowtrooper or Bib Fortuna or Ki Adi Mundi or Kit Fisto. We DO have the ideal situation right now.

See I don't care about those characters so it makes no difference to me. I'll stick to collecting Hot Toys over SS.

You can wait 50 years, HT will NEVER get around to the breadth of characters which SS is at right now. There will never be a HT Rex (no sweat) or Gree (no sweat) or Snowtrooper or Bib Fortuna (no sweat) or Ki Adi Mundi (no sweat) or Kit Fisto (no sweat). We DO have the ideal situation right now.

None of that would remotely bother me. SideShow appears to have made a very nice Snowtrooper.

Hot Toys should update the core characters. Let SideShow have the rest. A Hot Toys Boba Fett would be light years ahead of the SideShow version.

None of that would remotely bother me. SideShow appears to have made a very nice Snowtrooper.

Hot Toys should update the core characters. Let SideShow have the rest. A Hot Toys Boba Fett would be light years ahead of the SideShow version.

Thank you.

A HT Fett would probably run us a pretty penny though but it would have to be able to actually fire a rocket and include a functioning flamethrower for me to buy it LOL.

See I don't care about those characters so it makes no difference to me. I'll stick to collecting Hot Toys over SS.

I'll collect the best versions of the characters I like. Whichever company makes them gets my business. I'll buy a SS Ki Adi Mundi a long time before I contemplate a HT Predator.

Mine turned up yesterday! :hi5: Really nice set, only messed around with the clean fig. I'm lovin this DX!

Weather vane question. Any Info appreciated please.

Anyone notice the red flicker sometimes going faster (immediately on/off) and spreading out time between coming on, to the point of almost not working?

Or are yours constant for a short or long period of time?

(I also noticed when turned on, the red starts as a back n forth with the 2 red lights, then gradually becomes and stays as a both reds on and off at same time) anyone else?

Thanks

They are set up to be random, I think it has to do with capacitors and resistors, each light has a pattern of it's own. When you turn it on again the pattern changes. Just simple electronics.

Great pics karamazov!

I was pleasantly surprised tonight to find that my Luke was delivered!! I thought I wouldn't get him until next week due to Sandy here but alas today is a good day. Super pumped, this set is amazing. Love everything about it. I weathered up the battle damaged outfit a bit because that was the only lacking thing with this set,....which was good because it gave me something to do haha.

Here's my setup. Don't mind the horrid pics.

file-1.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

Now I'm absolutely dying to get a HT Han Solo. I need this announcement like yesterday.

I'll collect the best versions of characters I like. Whichever company makes them gets my business. I'll buy a SS Ki Adi Mundi a long time before I contemplate a HT Predator.

Okay... great. To each his own. I prefer quality above all else, Hot Toys has really ruined me. I'll collect the versions of characters that meet my own standards.

Ended up displaying the BD on the weathervane and gave the clean sculpt the lightsaber. After watching ESB tonight, it just works best in my eyes.

Sure. That specific aside, I think we both agree that we have the ideal situation now: SS keeps making lots of characters and HT slowly re-makes the core.

I guess that depends on what the "core" is. I want a HT Vader!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was assuming he was one of the core characters!!!

Okay!!! :rotfl

This is what I'm lookinf for:

Episode I - Darth Maul DX with two heads, Qui Gon Jinn
Episode II - Mace Windu, Count Dooku DX with two heads.
Episode III -Anakin Skywalker DX with two heads, Obi Wan DX with two heads, Yoda.

Episode IV - R2 D2 & C3PO
Episode V - Han Solo DX with two heads and light up Solo in carbonite.
Episode VI - Jedi Luke DX with two heads, Darth Vader DX with two heads, Emperor Palpatine.

I also want a Leia DX, but I'm not sure which one. :(

Okay!!! :rotfl

This is what I'm lookinf for:

Episode I - Darth Maul DX with two heads, Qui Gon Jinn
Episode II - Mace Windu, Count Dooku DX with two heads.
Episode III -Anakin Skywalker DX with two heads, Obi Wan DX with two heads, Yoda.

Episode IV - R2 D2 & C3PO
Episode V - Han Solo DX with two heads and light up Solo in carbonite.
Episode VI - Jedi Luke DX with two heads, Darth Vader DX with two heads, Emperor Palpatine.

I also want a Leia DX, but I'm not sure which one. :(

My priorities are:

Han Solo DX Bespin and Hoth 2-pack
Leia DX Ep IV and Slave 2-pack
Chewbacca
Lando
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep IV
Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep III
Ep IV Luke
Ep VI Luke

I don't need them to do the droids. Other people are capable.

Anything else, considering we'd be lucky to get two a year, is bonus.

Last edited:
This is my first (will be, hopefully later today) Star Wars figure in my collection sinc giving it all up, and, week, starting again.
I have avoided all the SS Star Wars figures, and medicoms, and will continue to do so.
Now, if a Han figure got released from HT in a similar pack style (2 figures) then, I would have to go for it.

Back