Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the photos from rebelscum I can see a small rode inside so I think that saber can litup.

I mean if Medicom can do it so it's no brainer for HT :dunno

Medicom did it... but not all that efffectively. So far the only ones that look good required either a wired figure, or wires coming out of the hilt.

At this point I'd be fine with it not lighting up if the alternative is a half-lit blade or wires.

It's not lit up.

:lol

The batteries on the Medi/EB one are so tiny I reckon it would last about 20 mins left on. If this is gonna light i would imagine it will be similar.

Medicom did it... but not all that efffectively. So far the only ones that look good required either a wired figure, or wires coming out of the hilt.

At this point I'd be fine with it not lighting up if the alternative is a half-lit blade or wires.

I dunno, I don't think it's too bad. Apart from the novelty factor though whats the point? you can't leave it on very long or the batteries will die. The wired ones are great for display.
Do they get hot?
DSC02996.jpg

I personally think the lightup sabers are cool. They add a nice extra touch to the figure, sort of like the lightup eyes in the terminator endo-skeletons.

Agreed, saying you were coming off like an idiot was a bit harsh... but I really could not find a more suitable word :huh

But, again comparing wildly different figures and only basing your opinion (which you seemed to have to repeat ad nauseam) on just two figures is ridiculous.

Ah, ridiculous... that was the better word I was looking for :lol

But no worries, my panties are fully unbunched :yess:

Comparing 2 figures around roughly the same time period(same time period meaning a year or less apart) seems perfectly reasonable to me, but let's CIVILY agree to disagree. No hard feelings taken buddy - :wink1:

My Cathode sabers look awesome. If you need to see for yourself check out my collection thread below.

In the photos from rebelscum I can see a small rode inside so I think that saber can litup.

I mean if Medicom can do it so it's no brainer for HT :dunno

It is a no brainer for HT to have a light up saber. I dont know why that is so hard for some folks here to grasp that. :dunno

Medicom/Enterbay did it. Means HT will do the same.

I think a light up saber is a given. I agree they're mostly pointless though, except for the occasional photo...similar to the IM light up eyes/arc. I don't think I have ever turned my Mk IV electronics on, and I've had him for months.

Medicom also makes Hasbro looking figures, should HT do that too :lol

Yes Medicom has done a light up saber, but as has been pointes out, it's a short lasting novelty. HT may do it, but i think it's a waste, especially if it affects scale of the hilts and blades.

Now it must have light up saber, but still think it will be $250 right?:rotfl

I think it's nice to have the option to know that you can light your saber up. And yes, most people probably won't have it on 100% of the time because of the limited life of the battery. But as mentioned earlier, it is perfect for photography.

These little extra options just serve only to enhance the look and feel of the figure. I'd rather at least have the option to turn on the saber light, or lightup eyes, or arc reactor light rather than no options at all.

I admit though that I hardly turn on the light up eyes on my endos, but once in a while when I do -if even for only 30 secs- it makes him look that much more menacing and enjoyable with those red light up eyes glaring at you, especially in a dark room. just my 2 cents

The problem i have with lightup sabers is the blades are thick like a Hasbro toy, so unless it's lit, to me it lpks cheap, i find the Sideahow blades look much nicer. The blade at SDCC looks Sideshow style, if they can make it light up cool but if the only way for them to do lightup is Medicom style, pass.

:lol

The batteries on the Medi/EB one are so tiny I reckon it would last about 20 mins left on. If this is gonna light i would imagine it will be similar.

I dunno, I don't think it's too bad. Apart from the novelty factor though whats the point? you can't leave it on very long or the batteries will die. The wired ones are great for display.
Do they get hot?
DSC02996.jpg

Good point, I'm for adding options to figures that serve to enhance the ascthetics of the figure. If the option makes the figure look more cheesy or cheap, then yeah, do away with the option.

I honestly don't see the point of any light up saber unless it has an AC cord. Nobody in their right mind is going to display a battery powered lightsaber. It'll burn out after a day and batteries aren't cheap. I say they should never include light up sabers to reduce the cost.

A lot of the enjoyment folks get from their figures is photography-based though. You don't have to have it lit all the time, but it will be fun to take photos of it.

A lot of the enjoyment folks get from their figures is photography-based though. You don't have to have it lit all the time, but it will be fun to take photos of it.

I'm huge into photos of figures, and yes, light up features enhance that and it's my biggest joy in collecting, but it is a small perventage of my time owning a piece, the rest is display time. I am against photo friendly features if to get then compromises the display look. Again, if HT can make a Sideshow style saber light up, go for it, but if it's fat Hasbro style, that'll look silly on the shelf to me.

I'm huge into photos of figures, and yes, light up features enhance that and it's my biggest joy in collecting, but it is a small perventage of my time owning a piece, the rest is display time. I am against photo friendly features if to get then compromises the display look. Again, if HT can make a Sideshow style saber light up, go for it, but if it's fat Hasbro style, that'll look silly on the shelf to me.

My feelings exactly. I've never liked cathode sabers for that very reason. They look awful unlit and I'm not going to leave them on even if they were a/c powered.

Back