Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I find unacceptable is the lack of formal comment from either Hot Toys or Sideshow. Both parties have to be aware of the current s#it-storm brewing over this.

Most of us have to buy these figures through online retailers, and don't have the ability to pick them up and look at them in hand before deciding on a purchase, and at $300 there needs to be better marketing of the finished product before it ships, especially with the amount of uncertainty now from proto to finished product.

We depend on people like OMG and Kiddulttoys to show us what we are potentially getting, when in reality we should be seeing formal finished product announcements directly from Hot Toys/Sideshow/Enterbay/etc, especially at the current price points.

Say what you will about the quality of a Hasbro/Kenner figure, at least you've been able to see in hand what the quality (or lack thereof) of the finished product is before plunking down your money.

I assumed it was the prototypes in that upcoming releases group shot. I doubt those photos we've all seen are fake but I'd certainly be happy if that's the case.

Some good points, here, Chubs. I was thinking something similar, in that I might trim down my purchase from the full set to just the battle-damaged Luke and the weathervane, possibly, so long as at least the BD version is acceptable. Have been really looking forward to this release since February, so maybe that would be a good compromise.

ya they unfortunately are probably real pic's which sucks really. and i'm not that big on breaking up sets like others on here are. but if it's subpar then i will break bread with it. HT is a scary product right now because they cost so F'n much! and the value doesn't seem to be there anymore. or at least not as consistent.

i am right there with you on your anticipation with this figure! so close and it sucks to have this feeling of being let down. sparrow, b lee and the original t-800 are all awesome. the t-800 got me into this hobby... i have been a fan of 1/6 figures for a long time but couldn't pull the trigger on any of them because they always looked a little to "toyish" to me. but once i saw that t-800 in hand i was blown away! now the price is about $100 more and the value seems about $100 less?

The only thing I find unacceptable is the lack of formal comment from either Hot Toys or Sideshow. Both parties have to be aware of the current s#it-storm brewing over this.

they either "A" don't give a $h1t or "B" probably scared of the consequences if these pic's are legit.

sideshow is probably asking the same questions we are? HT are you serious?! THIS is it??

The figure looks almost exactly like the prototype minus the skin color which is most likely from the horrible photography skills. The prototype never looked like Hamill in the first place so that argument is moot.

So what is everyone's problem?

The figure looks almost exactly like the prototype minus the skin color which is most likely from the horrible photography skills. The prototype never looked like Hamill in the first place so that argument is moot.

So what is everyone's problem?
If you can't see any difference between the sculpt and tailoring on the prototype vs the production piece, there's really no sense trying to explain it.

This was just uploaded today for a store. Is this a new image? Seems the weathering matches with the production piece.

gargoylesanddarkactionfigures_2229_39170477

Which means you can't explain it yourself?
No, but you must be willfully blind to say there's no difference. The shape of the eyes, the hair, the jawline, etc., are all different. The clothing has gone from nice fabric to rough burlap. It's just kind of ridulous when there's 100 pages of people going WTF? to these production photos. What's your explanation for everyone's reactions, then?

This was just uploaded today for a store. Is this a new image? Seems the weathering matches with the production piece.

gargoylesanddarkactionfigures_2229_39170477
That's a prototype pic.

Back