Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the sex change dude from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls?

"Z-Man? There is no Z-Man, varlet. And indeed, it's not a game we play. I am Superwoman!"

zman_boobs.jpg

(Presuming it's okay to post a photo of man-boobs!)

And, really...

attachment.php

...I doubt there's any difference between the proto and the figure shown in the latest pictures, apart from poor camerawork. The sculpts always did look dodgy. Best picture so far was the tiny promo one showing the latest releases.

I see more Hamill here

283547_285192521592160_1478995361_n.jpg

Than I do here.

HTREGLUKE1.jpg

But yes the pics suck and I ****ing hate PERS.

The lighting's so drastically different (sickly color, horribly flat that blows out or obscures all detail) than the proto pics (perfect soft studio lighting that captures every line of the sculpt,) these are far from conclusive.

markhamill1.jpg
starwars_l.jpg

Bespin fatigues are starting to look like pajamas to me. So smooth and soft....

They're "fatigues" - they are supposed to be dirty.:lecture

And you obviously never did the mail-away for the Bespin jacket. I know a hard wearing adventure garment when I see it.

"Z-Man? There is no Z-Man, varlet. And indeed, it's not a game we play. I am Superwoman!"

(clears throat of vomit) Boobs on a man are not man-boobs.

The lighting's so drastically different (sickly color, horribly flat that blows out or obscures all detail) than the proto pics (perfect soft studio lighting that captures every line of the sculpt,) these are far from conclusive.

No, I agree. The pics are atrocious. I was just saying what I see.

zman_boobs.jpg

And, really...

attachment.php

...I doubt there's any difference between the proto and the figure shown in the latest pictures, apart from poor camerawork. The sculpts always did look dodgy. Best picture so far was the tiny promo one showing the latest releases.

If you check the how the hair flows on the left side of the 'clean' HS, there's a difference between this and the proto

attachment.php

:goodpost:

I agree, I think it's a really really really bad photo from a camera out of a Cracker Jack box. I will wait for in hand photos before getting worried or panicking. I do not have this on PO (I already have to much on the way) but would like to pick it up later on.

if this is indeed the official Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, no camera on the planet will make it look good. one's only hope is that it is either a custom or some sort of mistake... thinking (wishing) it is simply bad photography is naive.

OK, so IF this figure just happens to be as bad as the pics show, I said "IF", how late can you leave your order with Sideshow before they go through with charging?

I really want this to have turned out awesome, but it is $300 we are talking about here.:pray:

We NEED more pics.

if this is indeed the official Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, no camera on the planet will make it look good. one's only hope is that it is either a custom or some sort of mistake... thinking (wishing) it is simply bad photography is naive.

He didn't look that good in the professional proto photos, so he's only going to look worse in crappy poorly lit ones.

He looked good here...

385760_10151057935677344_681081878_n.jpg

...because he was too small to see any details. With the sheen on the hair, you could almost say they photoshopped Mark's head onto the figure. :wink1:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so IF this figure just happens to be as bad as the pics show, I said "IF", how late can you leave your order with Sideshow before they go through with charging?

I really want this to have turned out awesome, but it is $300 we are talking about here.:pray:

We NEED more pics.

Well if you just pre ordered you lose your deposit if you cancel. On the other hand if you flex payed you may as well just hang on till the end and get it in hand to make a decision.

I may be wrong but I will stay on this "sinking ship" till the very end and hopefully will be very happy. The SSC GI Joe Crimson Guard is my recent prime example of people panicking about it being horrible even before it being released and now people wouldn't part with it for the world. So may as well hang around and see what happens. 300$ is 300$ horrible to waste it but would rather take a chance than end up spending 400$ for this figure a few months down the row if it knocks it out of the park on day 1.

yes...i am the same.On the sinking boat til the end.
I have to go through anyways,i sold my SSC Bespin luke earlier this yr.i know i know,blashpemy..lol.
Still,a set of crappy pics wont deter me....it is boba fett all over.
i will have Neyo and Tusken to tide me over til Luke gets here...

Back