Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy-crap1.jpg

I'm in for WHATEVER HT puts out. If it's got the HT tag I'm in. The SSC version will just get passed onto my son for his own little collection. I cannot wait and am damn near giddly we'll see this before the end of the week!

The Mike giddy......whoa

check out this link and You'll understand what I'm talking about.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=26980&figure=lukeskywalkerjediexclusive

Please don't tell me that this is a detailed and well proprotioned figure on par with hot toys. (It's got the bobble-head syndrom)
When people mention SS, these are the figures I think of(as shown in the above link). That's why I stopped collecting them. If after viewing that link, you still think that SS is right up their with Hot toys, then let's just agree to disagree.

At first I was wondering strangly why everybody was raving about Sideshow's quality. The last time I collected a sideshow figure was when I bought a Luke Jedi knight figure, which was roughly 4 or 5 years ago. I haven't looked back until just now. I really dig the Hammerhead figure that Sideshow released. It does look pretty impressive. I also dig the new yoda body, and the points of articulation; but, I still think their paint job on the yoda head still is not up to par with hot toys. Sideshow has upped their quality since I last collected from them but still not up to Hot Toy's level yet.

Thanks for responding for me... but agreed where Sideshow has struggled is in painting human heads. The aliens are generally very well done... sometimes the paint is not as clean as HT, but still they come off looking much more finished.

But if you just compare the figures (apart from head paint) then you see pretty similar levels of quality.

I still think they'll have a newly developed body for Luke. Being Hot Toys' debut SW figure, and a Bespin Luke at that, I can't imagine them overlooking the fact that many people would love to have a Dagobah version they can display with a Yoda backpack.

Since this is a DX, I wonder what the chances are of them including an ESB Yoda. Yeah Sideshow just put out theirs and is still shipping some. Maybe this is why Sideshow didn't include the backpack with Yoda, maybe they knew this was coming for awhile and planned their Yoda to compliment the HT Luke.

LOL! I left Hasbro/Sideshow SW to collect HT after a 30 year journey.. about a year and a half ago. I just got burnt out. I cannot escape SW.:rotfl

As long as this doesn't interfere with other licenses, I'm cool with it I guess. Not really excited about it or anything though.

-yet

Can't wait for HT to make Anakin ep3 figure with switch out sith portrait! That would be cool! SS anakin is a failure!

:exactly: Then came the pics of IG-88, Boba fett and the Dx Bespin Luke announcement. Grevious announcement is cool but I can live without him.

:horror

I never come to this section. I didn't know those were even in the pipeline.:thud:

must resist..:lsvader

Back