Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't fathom why anyone wants an 'Anakin' figure? He wasn't a great character, mostly poorly acted, and his 'great tragedy' in transformation was rushed onscreen to say the least. I guess people want him more for what he represents than what he was. Better off, just get Darth Vader.

I just can't fathom why anyone wants an 'Anakin' figure? He wasn't a great character, mostly poorly acted, and his 'great tragedy' in transformation was rushed onscreen to say the least. I guess people want him more for what he represents than what he was. Better off, just get Darth Vader.

When it comes to Star Wars I actually look past the acting and try to see it from a more "global" perspective. I want an Anakin figure for his meaning in the story, not for the acting done by the actor.

Hell, IMO Mark Hamill wasn't exactly top notch either but we still all love him (I'm probably going to get hate for this one..)

****in' A.

When it comes to Star Wars I actually look past the acting and try to see it from a more "global" perspective. I want an Anakin figure for his meaning in the story, not for the acting done by the actor.

That's why I said people must want him for what he represents. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't just look at Star Wars as a toy chest, but I know a lot of people do, especially the younger ones. It has all this neat stuff in it, and when you've seen it a thousand times on DVD or BR you can really get past the acting and, like a song you've heard a hundred times, it may even become pleasing to you.

And you're right, Mark was not the best actor by far; for that matter neither were Carrie nor Harrison back in the day. But I don't think they delivered cringe-worthy dialogue either. Maybe Luke's "Noooooooooo" was as close as it got. But I blame Lucas for the later dialogue mostly. That said, Mark, Carrie and Harry got thru it... I can't say the same for Natalie and Hayden. The two of them are almost unwatchable for me.

Better off, just get Darth Vader.

That's the reason I want an Ep III Anakin. Before ObiWan f'd him up on Mustafar, he was at his peak as DarthVader:D Aesthetically, I liked his brown outfit/tunic too and I just want an Ep III Anakin next to the new ROTJ Vader figure. If they make an updated Jedi Luke too, that would be the only three SW figures I'd ever need as far as non armored troops/figures go.

:lol :lol :lol

That's the reason I want an Ep III Anakin. Before ObiWan f'd him up on Mustafar, he was at his peak as DarthVader:D Aesthetically, I liked his brown outfit/tunic too and I just want an Ep III Anakin next to the new ROTJ Vader figure. If they make an updated Jedi Luke too, that would be the only three SW figures I'd ever need as far as non armored troops/figures go.

Also true. Imo during the fight on Mustafar we really see Darth Vader at his peak.

I liked him and like the look of the character. A purchase. If he is ever made.

At his peak and yet Obi-wan defeated him? Not much of a chosen one was he.

Anyone powerful can still snafu it and get beat. Just ask the Denver Broncos.

I'd buy an Anakin figure, sold off my SSC one.

Anakin was more exciting than Grievous. That was a waste of what was supposed to be a villainous character, poorly executed, hardly menacing, that stupid cough and that crab walk thing, laughable.......

I totally agree. I enjoyed the subtle changes in Anakin over the years in the Clone Wars, its sad that a children's cartoon captured the character much better than the films. I realize they had more time to pull off the changing personality, but it was more than that; in the series he comes off as more disillusioned/disappointed with the system and angry whereas the movies painted pure angst/crybaby. Fine line maybe, but I just think the character was mishandled in the films.

Noone is going to argue that the character had onscreen problems...
Despite what you think of the character and the on screen antics, the costume design and entire 'look' is pretty awesome.
In fact if Anakin had said nothing during the prequels most likely be a more popular character. Take Darth Maul...said like two lines in the entire movie...result being very popular due to his appearance.
That being said if you don't want this then that's fine but yes there are people out here that do want this, some of us have made that pretty clear throughout the thread so enough with the hate ok?

Good grief....how many years has this thread limped along waiting for some real news or announcement to come?

Ugh....let's stick a fork in it...it's done. Don't think this figure is ever happening at this point. I for one WOULD like it. Hot Toys style of sculpting pout-laden, mopey looking portraits with sullen expressions and heavy eyes are exactly what Anakin calls for...I think the figure would hit the character just right. If ever there was a SW character crying out for PERS, this is it. And with Hot Toys unparallelled cut-n-sew, the Jedi outfit would look fantastic.

Yes, I'd like to see HT produce and Anakin figure....but considering all of the time that has elapsed and how DizWars is closing in, it's probably a given that if HT does do any more SW figures...it'll be the new Disney movie that becomes the focus, not the older ones....

I agee about the thread should be locked, pretty pointless being open this long without any prototype

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

I guess since Anakin has been done by SSC I hadn't paid as much attention to this as I do alot of releases, nbut I hadn't realized there hasn't even been a proto tease or anything. Really does make it seem all the more vapor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back