HOT TOYS "Dog Alien" ALIEN3 FIGURE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is seriously overcharging for the dog alien. The dog alien is still priced the same as the "Aliens" and "AVP" Alien (about $115). Import might not be such a bad idea with this one considering that you'll pay about the same with shipping and you'll get it much faster.

What page are you looking at cause the price i see is $149.99.

If it were $115 i would order it. But $149.99 for an Alien "NO WAY"

Even with Hot Toys announcement and new pics,I'm still not impressed by it.It doesnt look good to me.I may have to cancel this one...

I want it. However, its made of Rubber. So I wont chuck my money on another HT Alien ever again.

I know what you mean. I got the Grid Alien and was very disappointed with it.
I was going to get the AVP Brown Alien but i decided to pass(they need something more with the aliens)
So its just Preds for now.

This is the same prototype from SDCC, except now they have put it in a crouching pose and takin some pics of it. It looks looks way retarded. They haven't reworked it at all.

Why can't they just got the 1/4 scale puppet used in the movie and scale it down to 1/6, is it so friggin difficult.

Damn, new pics are looking great! I'll definitely get this one... so far I have one of each Alien released and I'll be happy to have this one in the collection :rock

Love that the figure can get into crouching and running poses!
HT-Alien3-Dog-12.jpg

HT-Alien3-Dog-05.jpg

More pictures here:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hot_Toys_New_Alien_Predator_Figures_116931.asp

I don't own any HT Aliens and maybe someone can explain to me why they're, IMO, so high in price for what you get.

Also, if you were to get ONE Alien to go with your Pred collection, which one would it be?

I don't own any HT Aliens and maybe someone can explain to me why they're, IMO, so high in price for what you get.

Also, if you were to get ONE Alien to go with your Pred collection, which one would it be?

Wait for the "Alien" alien figure. But if you have to have one soon, I'd say go with the AVPR alien, it'd probably fit in with your preds, especially if you have the Wolf.

As for their price-to-quality ratio, I say you'd have to hold one in your hands to truly understand why they're so great. They're the only true premium 1/6 alien figures out there that are highly articulated and feature a rubber skin to hide all the joints and articulation.

Wait for the "Alien" alien figure. But if you have to have one soon, I'd say go with the AVPR alien, it'd probably fit in with your preds, especially if you have the Wolf.

As for their price-to-quality ratio, I say you'd have to hold one in your hands to truly understand why they're so great. They're the only true premium 1/6 alien figures out there that are highly articulated and feature a rubber skin to hide all the joints and articulation.

That very well may be, since I've only seen pictures. When you compare a Pred to an Alien, it just seems like there's alot more going on with the Predator, but I never took into consideration the workmanship involved.

If you think of them compared to other companies these are still a great deal. Most figure use a standard body that is used over and over again, however this body is very specific to the Alien and at most is reused a few times. So you have a lot of R&D going into each one that doesn't get spreadoout over a hundred or so figures.

Also, just compare it to recent Medicom figures... these are huge, very well articulated and (usually) top notch. Yet, still sell for about $20 less than a standard Medicom figure.

hmmmmm ... still waitin for an Alien figure that was made using Alien reference....LOL

R

It really does.

The hip has to go too far back to be able to get into that pose.

Doesn't look natural.

The problem is that the Ilium is attached to the hip on Hot Toys' figure, so when you move the leg, the ilium moves with it. It's unnatural when compared to normal anatomy and to pictures of the actual Dog Alien.
Check out Sideshow's maquette and Diorama:
9104press01001vk6.jpg

7198press01001zi4.jpg

Only the leg moves forward, the Ilium stays stationary, it shouldn't rotate.
But at least it can crouch and run, I wouldn't want a Dog Alien that couldn't stand on all fours.

EDIT:
I just checked out the Maquette in 360, and the Ilium DOES move along with the leg on that one too. It may look unnatural, but I think that's the way it was intended since the Maquette was made by Amalgamated Dynamics, the same SFX company that brought it to life in the movie.

Last edited:
Back