Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the lack of collector interest in the ST has really hit HT hard. They cranked out tons of stock for TFA only to see it virtually “Peg warming” to this day. I believe this is why certain figures aren’t seeing the light of day. They are being far more financially conscious these days. It’s a real shame for me personally, as it’s alway been and always will be about th OT, which will always sell. I don’t mentally really even link the OT and ST together.

Agree fully.

The over production of ST stuff was naive. The complete wreck that was TLJ just cemented the fact. I don't view them as Star Wars sadly. They are EU at best.

OT stuff though will always sell. They have that golden window too of 35-55 year olds who have the resources to buy these photo realisitic versions of figures from their childhood. Vintage carded figures from Kenner are selling for over £1000 so they really are missing a trick in not releasing this and other teased figures.
Gonk, Sandtrooper, Endor figures etc

Agree fully.

The over production of ST stuff was naive. The complete wreck that was TLJ just cemented the fact. I don't view them as Star Wars sadly. They are EU at best.

OT stuff though will always sell. They have that golden window too of 35-55 year olds who have the resources to buy these photo realisitic versions of figures from their childhood. Vintage carded figures from Kenner are selling for over £1000 so they really are missing a trick in not releasing this and other teased figures.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y !!! :clap

I’m sure we’ll get this figure eventually. Along with TIE pilot, AT-AT driver, Veers and Biker Scout.
We have 18 months to the next film and probably a big gap after that too. Once they’ve blown the limited PT figure pool it’ll be back to the OT.

I’m sure we’ll get this figure eventually. Along with TIE pilot, AT-AT driver, Veers and Biker Scout.
We have 18 months to the next film and probably a big gap after that too. Once they’ve blown the limited PT figure pool it’ll be back to the OT.

EKzHhYf.png

zMRKw5r.jpg

VCWyDZ2.jpg

Sbr8PMt.jpg

Agree fully.

EXACTLY!! Us original SW fans have the finances to pump into this ridiculous hobby. Come on HT give use what want!!

They should've put the trooper and gunner up for preorder at the same time. Having both would've driven up sales of both. I'm only going to get the Gunner if they make the Trooper. If I had to pick just one it would've been the Trooper though, so who knows their thinking.

Hot Toys's marketing weakness has always been the lack of understanding that complimentary figures will assist in the sales of each other.

-Chirrut but no Baze
-Tonto but no Lone Ranger
-DeathTroopers but no Krennic
-Taylor & Barnes but no Elias
-Sully but no Neytiri
-The Watchmen line
Etc...

You can keep adding to that list.

I hope they DO get around to making this figure. The proto looks great. I'd buy two if they did.

Mer i thought something new from this figure instead only see these kid Disney stuffs..grr

Disaster is there are probably people actually liking and buying this. Must be those weird Asians :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll buy 3 at this point, just release it already. My kids don’t need food, I need the Death Star trooper.

Back